• Time
  • Show
Clear All

neither have i

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

its a plugin you can download

Comment

Guys I need your help. I have problems deciding what my WIP will ultimately be.

Heres the pictures

Now first I thought it could be a bomber, but then I accidentally found that it could also be a dropship holding some 12 today's tanks or equivalent in size.

Spoiler:

But now I don't know which it could be! And I have no idea what use do I have for the wing pods. It's too small a ship to be a fighter carrier.

Maybe I'll make her a cargoship...

Any Ideas??

Comment

looks like a drop ship to me. what type of weapons will you be adding?

Continuing Stargate Virtual Fleet Link Below

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=63923

Comment

Originally posted by dboy-2007 View Post
            looks like a drop ship to me. what type of weapons will you be adding?
            It depends a lot. If it's a dropship then it will have one or two plasma cannons that will hammer heavy fortifications before landing troops. Railcannons are a must, and missiles of course.

The dropship use started to bother me.. The ship requires a lot of flat terrain. Over half a hectare (about 5600m2) to be exact. Will such areas be aviable in combat situations?

Comment

why dont you use asgard beams to drop off the troops and cargo then, the ship provides cover fire.

Comment

Originally posted by Semmer View Post
                Guys I need your help. I have problems deciding what my WIP will ultimately be.

Heres the pictures

Now first I thought it could be a bomber, but then I accidentally found that it could also be a dropship holding some 12 today's tanks or equivalent in size.

Spoiler:

But now I don't know which it could be! And I have no idea what use do I have for the wing pods. It's too small a ship to be a fighter carrier.

Maybe I'll make her a cargoship...

Any Ideas??
                Looks really good, does it have to be Tau'ri?
                Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

I agree... have the beams for rapid deployment, IE combat situations where you can't land, but when, or if, you have enough flat ground to land then you can do so.

Comment

Originally posted by ManiacMike View Post
                    Well, it has 2 extra control surfaces as to add better maneuverability in an atmosphere. Should have more agility than the original 302.

Plus in the world of sci-fi looks count as 80% of the way a ship looks.
                    They look to stuby to work, yeah , lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Lee View Post
                      I agree... have the beams for rapid deployment, IE combat situations where you can't land, but when, or if, you have enough flat ground to land then you can do so.
                      What if the beams are jammed? The wraith can do it, so can someone else.

Comment

culling beams?

Comment

Originally posted by Semmer View Post
                          What if the beams are jammed? The wraith can do it, so can someone else.
                          Deployable. Ring. Platforms.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
                            Deployable. Ring. Platforms.
                            i doubt a tank would fit in rings

Comment

Originally posted by dboy-2007 View Post
                              i doubt a tank would fit in rings
                              Drop pods?

Comment

Tank-sized ring platform? or as Crazy Tom says, Drop pods?

Comment

Working...
                                X