This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dr Lee View Post
    I'm not sure if there are any 'official' dimensions for anything in Stargate

My guess, After the Atlantis Siege trilogy, is that the Prometheus railguns were about 7 foot tall(Anyone else agree?).

Dunno about the DSC-304 railguns though, would guess they are the same but i can't say for certain.
    Ok, thanks.

Comment

I've made two new ships(A carrier and a Fighter), they are both WIP, or at least the M-302, still don't have any guns etc on it...

Anyways, here are the pics:
      The M-303, basically looks like a Death Glider...(Size: 6m from wing to wing)

Then the carrier, the M-302.(Length:450m/Width:360m/Height:~115m)

Also, here are a pic of the M-302's Hangar, it has two hangars(one on each "wing")

On the pic it holds 24 Fighters in each hangar, but there is space for up to 96 in each wing though. But it is empty so that it can pick up other small ships etc. if neccesary.

I'm still working on the M-301, which I hope will turn out to be a Mobile base, if it looks good, otherwise I'll do something else with it.

Comment

Could you post more pictures of the carrier?
        sigpic

Comment

Me? The second picture is the carrier. The M-302...And the third picture is one of the hangars on the carrier...

Comment

Okay, after reviewing the forum I guess this would be the place to post my design. I know its not technically what you asked for, however, my only two choices were here to GWVF.

So what do I have for you? A space station!

I'll do a summary of the whole station for you....

Architecture: Ancient
            Length (Center - End of Pier): 1,275m
            Height: 650m
            Levels (approx.): 162
            Primary Purpose: Repair, Refueling and Relaxation
            Power: 1 ZPM (normally)
            3 Generators (power type to be determined)
            Defense: Ancient Shield
            Small armourment of Drones
            High Yield Plasma Cannons (3)
            Hyperdrive: None
            Sublight: 3 Ion-based engines (allows movement within a system, but not outside it)
            3 orbital control thrusters

I did my very best not to FanWank this. I hope I did well, otherwise I can adjust it to make it less godly. I got some inspiration for this from Stargate: Horizon and the rest ust came from my imagination telling me to model something similar to Atlantis, just not as big.

The station is still in construction, havent added the drone bays yet, or the docking ports... but let me know what you think.

I also havent textured it yet since Ive never done that in Google Sketchup before, so that'll be a learning experience.

Spoiler:

Comment

sigpic
              ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Nice city.

Was my last ship really so bad that no one even bothered to at least say that it stunk and give me some suggestions?

Comment

Darynlxm youre ship gave me an idea this ship is not fanwank its just a bit of a fun cross to see what i can come up with. It an ancient/ tauri cross combining the best of the 2 technologies which most of will be ancient.

Spoiler:

Name: Hydra
                  Type: Dreadnaught

Rough size:
                  length:1500m
                  width: 300m
                  height:400m

Capacity:
                  Crew:20
                  Pilots:26
                  Engineers:40
                  Maximum Capacity: 1100

powerplant:
                  1x ZPM
                  4x mkII naquadah generators

engines:
                  Ancient sublight drives
                  Asgard/ ancient hyperdrive cross

Defences:
                  Ancient Shield
                  14x 50mm point defence rail guns

Weapons:
                  Drone Bay 10,000 max capability
                  5x asgard plasma beams (2x forward 1x each side 1x rear)
                  10 plasma cannons (asgard design)
                  20x 150mm rail guns backup

Fighters:
                  20 f-302 fighters
                  2 x-305 bombers
                  4 Puddle jumpers

Others:
                  Asgard beaming
                  Rings
                  Ancient controll chair
                  Ancient Long range scanners
                  Ancient scanners

History:
                  In 2010 deep nto the war with the wraith the tauri made contact with a group of ancients in the in the Andromeda Galaxy. Hearing that there grat city was still intact they made the journey to Pegasus in massive Transport vessels.

Once in Pegasus it was realised that taking there city from the humans was not the right way to go and began to build onto atlantis expanding the citys greatness. Although things were not all good the war with the Wraith was in full and the tauri ships alone could not handle them.

The Tauri and Ancients decided to make a Dreadnaught with a cross of there greatest technologies. The outcomewas the Hydra it made any Tauri vessel look pathetic and with a cross of Asgard plasma beams and drones the ship was definetly one to be feared. In the first engagment, the Hydra manged to take out 2 hives almost instantly recieving only minimal damage.

Using asgard Matter converters powered by a Z.P.M the ships build time is 7 months and at a very little cost due to the help from the ancients. This ship class alone could be the turning point of the war.

i might try and model it but its a bit out of my league.

Continuing Stargate Virtual Fleet Link Below

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=63923

Comment

Can i ask, what city is that going to be? Asuris? Another ancient city? New London ?
                    sigpic
                    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                    Stargate : Genesis |
                    Original Starship DesignThread
                    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                    11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by Darynlxm View Post
                      Okay, after reviewing the forum I guess this would be the place to post my design. I know its not technically what you asked for, however, my only two choices were here to GWVF.

So what do I have for you? A space station!

I'll do a summary of the whole station for you....

Architecture: Ancient
                      Length (Center - End of Pier): 1,275m
                      Height: 650m
                      Levels (approx.): 162
                      Primary Purpose: Repair, Refueling and Relaxation
                      Power: 1 ZPM (normally)
                      3 Generators (power type to be determined)
                      Defense: Ancient Shield
                      Small armourment of Drones
                      High Yield Plasma Cannons (3)
                      Hyperdrive: None
                      Sublight: 3 Ion-based engines (allows movement within a system, but not outside it)
                      3 orbital control thrusters

I did my very best not to FanWank this. I hope I did well, otherwise I can adjust it to make it less godly. I got some inspiration for this from Stargate: Horizon and the rest ust came from my imagination telling me to model something similar to Atlantis, just not as big.

The station is still in construction, havent added the drone bays yet, or the docking ports... but let me know what you think.

I also havent textured it yet since Ive never done that in Google Sketchup before, so that'll be a learning experience.

Spoiler:

Wow, nice mate!

Just some tips:
                      -Hyperdrive are really quite useful, since a space station can be moved to diferent locations as the ned arises.
                      -Instead of Ion thrusters and control thrusters a few smaller Stardrive strips would do better on an Ancient design. Or you coudl leave it with an inercialess grid either works.
                      Originally posted by boberth2o View Post
                      *dies of awesome*

Comment

Awsome city boberth2o, it looks really good.
                        -----
                        I found a new texture to use, and I'm also posting the M-301, the mobile base in the same serier as the Carrier and the Fighter...

The M-301, which is a mobile base is able to hold up to 8 of the carriers(M-302s) at a time, and will have Fighter hangars as well(I'm not done with it yet).

Spoiler:
                        M-303

M-302

M-301(Top View)

M-301(Side View)

Dimensions:
                        M-301: 2700m in diameter.
                        M-302: Length:450m/Width:360m/Height:~115m
                        M-303: 6m from wing to wing

The M-302 and M-301 are still WIP, but the M-303 is more or less done(I might add weapons on it).

What do you think?

Also, I'm working on the specs for all three, so they should be up soon. =D

PS. I'm sorry if the pictures are too big, I didn't realized it until after I uploaded them, I'll make them a little smaller next time. DS

Comment

Working on an updated version of the Connie.

Any comments? Don't know if I should continue.

Comment

Originally posted by ZakeD View Post

Keep going, I like it. I want to see how it turns out .
                            Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Originally posted by ZakeD View Post

Nice work!

Comment

Looks brilliant... and please do continue!

Lately i've been a bit fed up of having so many unfinished meshes on my computer, soi've decided to go back and try and get some of the old meshes finished... or at least closer to being finished.

The one i've hit second is the Sword/Katana-class Stealth ship, or the SP-450. Can't remember exactly when i first posted anything of this in here (and to be frank i can't be bothered to search through tones of pages to find the original post).

Here's a few updated images of the SP-450, the last one only being renderd about five minutes ago... and that is my GateJumper in the hanger there.
                                Attached Files

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

Working...
                                X