X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok here it is its not that good but heres the link

http://img155.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ec306np8.png

i will post the specs later, im still ironing out the kinks
    Last edited by FN-P90; 23 March 2008, 09:28 AM.
    Carl Sagan on Nuclear self Destruction

Comment

I think that for your next model you should plan things out alittle better, perhaps drawings them out and them convert them into a 3D model in sketchup. Just think, the more detail there is the more spectacular the model looks.

Good Job on this one, but If i were to change something it would be the guns. Try to make the barrels bigger
      sigpic
      ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Originally posted by boberth2o View Post
        I think that for your next model you should plan things out alittle better, perhaps drawings them out and them convert them into a 3D model in sketchup. Just think, the more detail there is the more spectacular the model looks.
        yeah i did kind of rush into it, i was wondering if you have pics of something you actully built could you put them on here cause i built a ship out of, this is embarrising, legos and i think that yall might lke it.

Good Job on this one, but If i were to change something it would be the guns. Try to make the barrels bigger
        How do i go about doing that do i use the zoom nd put in cylinders or do i just bold the lines up a little.

Thanks for the advice and the help yall have given me.

Comment

Originally posted by FN-P90 View Post
          yeah i did kind of rush into it, i was wondering if you have pics of something you actully built could you put them on here cause i built a ship out of, this is embarrising, legos and i think that yall might lke it.
          Sure, any kind of ship can be posted on here, whether its a 3D model, 2D drawing or a physical model.

How do i go about doing that do i use the zoom nd put in cylinders or do i just bold the lines up a little.
          If your looking for good guns for ships i suggest going to th 3D warehouse and downloading ZakeD's gun models. link
          Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!

sigpic

Comment

Well two very good examples are my Typhon and Lazarus, both of them started out on paper and then I modeled them. Although they differed when I modeled them The concpet of my drawing stayed true. There are some pics below that show the comparisions.
            Incase you got confused about the 3D model thing I meant model it on the computer not like a lego models or something.

Lazarus
            Spoiler:

Typhon
            Spoiler:

sigpic
            ----DeviantArt----

Comment

For railguns you just have to fiddle around with things a bit. The ones that I use are below. Maybe It'll inspire you to come up with your own.

Spoiler:
              sigpic
              ----DeviantArt----

Comment

I use these rail-guns on my ships. There not very detailed, but there only small caliber weapons. 60mm and 12.7mm respectively. I've never got round to finishing any large caliber turrets....hmmm, maybe i should. lol.

note: the turret base of the smaller one is by ZakeD, i just changed the barrel.

Edit: Boberth2o,Those turrets are awesome, I'd give you green, but i can't.
                Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!

sigpic

Comment

Thanks You actually have some good turrets yourself there buddy.
                  sigpic
                  ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Originally posted by titan_hq View Post
                    If your looking for good guns for ships i suggest going to th 3D warehouse and downloading ZakeD's gun models. link
                    Does the ZakeD's and 3Dwarhouse cost anything?

Comment

Originally posted by ManiacMike View Post
                      A giant dildo?
                      ... No...

I though I said not to look in the spoilers.

Comment

Does the ZakeD's and 3Dwarhouse cost anything?
                        No, it's all free. Click Me!

And I decided to make another turret

Spoiler:
                        sigpic
                        ----DeviantArt----

Comment

No, it's all free. Click Me!

And I decided to make another turret

Spoiler:
                          How many MBs does each take up and how long do they take to load?

Im just trying to get set up so i can get to making some really good models

Comment

How many MBs does each take up and how long do they take to load?

Im just trying to get set up so i can get to making some really good models
                            There is a 10 MB limit but I wouldn't be too worried about it though. Your model would have to be really complex to reach that point.
                            sigpic
                            ----DeviantArt----

Comment

There is a 10 MB limit but I wouldn't be too worried about it though. Your model would have to be really complex to reach that point.

and on the 3D Warehouse do you have to download it?

Comment

and on the 3D Warehouse do you have to download it?
                                YOu dont have to download anything. If you get into sketchup and click on the icon that looks like an open box with an arrow going into it. Then another screen pops up with information that you need to type in about the model. when you done click. upload. But you do need to get a google account so you can have a stop to upload to.
                                sigpic
                                ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Working...
                                X