X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks guys!

Originally posted by jnadreth View Post
    I gather your previous jumper semmer will be used alongside this one??? If so they compliment each other nicely-seeming as you haven't added any pods on the side propulsion will be affected (like the normal jumper is as it flys like a fighter with them and a shuttle without) this would be in line with an assault transport philosophy with your more aggressive jumper clearing a way in for it. Are you designing any other jumper craft as so far they are quite impressive
    The previous jumper posted page or two ago is the same as this.

But yes, I have planned to use the frame of this jumper to make a puddlejumper equivalent too. Maybe a tactical bomber too? I don't know.

Comment

Ahhhhhh I did'nt see the antenna one the earlier pic Dohhh

Comment

Okay, first order of business. Crazy Tom, I'm getting further on your Jumper model but I still need to know what the function of the Mission Pod is.

Second order of business a few new models that I'm working on. several are simple remakes of my old Paint Ships.

Spoiler:

This first model some may remember as the
        Jitterbug class cargo transport that I made as a Tau'ri designed Tel'tak.

The second model is my Zephyre heavy transport, meant to be the main ship in my own ill-conceived sprite comic, RustGate Stories.

This last model is of a new ship that I was inspired to design last night while playing some internet game.

Well What do you guys think? I would especially like your opinions on my newest mental block, the third model I posted.

Comment

wow... you lot do amazing work...

what programs are people using for this?

M

Click on the image to go to my fanfics.

Comment

Originally posted by Daryl Froggy View Post
            Okay, first order of business. Crazy Tom, I'm getting further on your Jumper model but I still need to know what the function of the Mission Pod is.

Second order of business a few new models that I'm working on. several are simple remakes of my old Paint Ships.

Spoiler:

This first model some may remember as the
            Jitterbug class cargo transport that I made as a Tau'ri designed Tel'tak.

The second model is my Zephyre heavy transport, meant to be the main ship in my own ill-conceived sprite comic, RustGate Stories.

This last model is of a new ship that I was inspired to design last night while playing some internet game.

Well What do you guys think? I would especially like your opinions on my newest mental block, the third model I posted.
            alright, shiips look cool:

misiopn pods, thir ust little containers on the sies of the jumper. the normal hull plating does not cover these, and you can store stuff, and put in misson packets in them. this lack of hull plating also extends underneth the modules(and hence the flat are teh jumper lands on). does that help?

Comment

I'm still using the training wheels of Google-Sketchup.

As for everyone else Blender, 3Ds Max, and Lightwave seem to be the most common/the only others.

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
              alright, shiips look cool:

misiopn pods, thir ust little containers on the sies of the jumper. the normal hull plating does not cover these, and you can store stuff, and put in misson packets in them. this lack of hull plating also extends underneth the modules(and hence the flat are teh jumper lands on). does that help?
              ... Huh? I'm sorry what exactly are you saying?

Comment

I'm still using the training wheels of Google-Sketchup.

As for everyone else Blender, 3Ds Max, and Lightwave seem to be the most common/the only others.

... Huh? I'm sorry what exactly are you saying?
                http://img299.imageshack.us/my.php?i...dzhdxzhep3.png

...does this help?

Comment

No, that doesn't really help. What are these "mission packets" and why can't they be carried in the jumper itself? Also what do you mean by "this lack of hull plating also extends underneath the modules(and hence the flat are teh jumper lands on)?"

I've also increased the overall size of the jumper but it should still be able to fit through the gate with ease, as long as the weapons pods aren't extended.

Comment

No, that doesn't really help. What are these "mission packets" and why can't they be carried in the jumper itself? Also what do you mean by "this lack of hull plating also extends underneath the modules(and hence the flat are teh jumper lands on)?"

I've also increased the overall size of the jumper but it should still be able to fit through the gate with ease, as long as the weapons pods aren't extended.
                    OK, that's fine as long as the jumper fits.

The are literaly emty spaces. designed to be filled acording to differnet mison profiles. spy cameras one day, robotic manipulator arma the next, etc.
                    AN the "lack of hull covering, means that they are not covered up, thought on second thought this doesn't seem like such a god idea, should panels cover it they would have to be retractabe.

Comment

Are you refering to a multi mission module??????

Comment

Are you refering to a multi mission module??????
                        YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!

Comment

hes saying the pods are there just to carry stuff, which you wouldn't need since theres plenty of space inside.

then the underside hes talking about less "armor" but changed his mind.
                          Visit my Website

Comment

From the looks of it you are trying to create an Lantian Runabout, like the Danubes from Trek. If your having problems stowing away things on the outer hull why don't you use the Lantian teleporter lift tech to deploy it from the buffer so to speak. Those "lifts" store what its transporting in some sort of buffer like thing like the the Stargate does. If you store the module in there then rematerialize it when needed on the outer hull it would save massive amounts of space and allow your ship to use the gates

Comment

From the looks of it you are trying to create an Lantian Runabout, like the Danubes from Trek. If your having problems stowing away things on the outer hull why don't you use the Lantian teleporter lift tech to deploy it from the buffer so to speak. Those "lifts" store what its transporting in some sort of buffer like thing like the the Stargate does. If you store the module in there then rematerialize it when needed on the outer hull it would save massive amounts of space and allow your ship to use the gates
                              Originally posted by ManiacMike View Post
                              hes saying the pods are there just to carry stuff, which you wouldn't need since theres plenty of space inside.

then the underside hes talking about less "armor" but changed his mind.
                              *Slaps forehead*

No no no no no no!

their just there for stuff. oh, nrever mind, looking back they really are useles.

Comment

Ctually looking back at what you said there was nothing about space problems and my spellin is suffering. Clear sign of tiredness or something-disregard my last post I'm imagining things

Comment

Working...
                                X