• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JoNzA View Post
    Thanks for the comments
    mayby this size chart will help deside what class it would suit best

Nice work Jonza.

It looks like a scout ship maybe. It just reminds me of the scout ship from Star Trek:Insurrection.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!

sigpic

Comment

Here is a larger image.

sigpic
      ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Originally posted by Nitzhean rage View Post
        Name:Kraken class attack cruiser

Type: Long range hyperspace capable warship

Technology base: Tauri/Asgard

Operators: Tauri

Naval Classification: Cruiser

Hull: 2-4 meter reenforced Poly-Crystalline/Trinium armor

Dimensions:
        ~ Max Length: 304 meters
        ~ Max Width: 350 meters
        ~ Max Height: 200 meters

Displacement: aprox 350,000 metric tons

Crew: 103
        ~ Maximum Personnel: 180
        ~ Troops: N/A

Craft: N/A

Power plant: Four mark IV naquadah reactors, enhanced battery storage system

Engines:
        ~ Two ion-based sublight main drives
        ~ Four ion-based manouvering thrusters
        ~ Two hyperspace window generators

Armament/Weapons:
        ~ 2 x Heavy 24 inch(609mm) Neutral Particle Beam Cannons
        ~ 12 ELS(Electromagnetic Launch System) missile tubes
        ~ 3 x Twin four-barrel 35mm gatling rail gun CIWS

Defences:
        ~ Asgard shields
        ~ 2-4 meter reenforced Poly-Crystalline/Trinium armor
        ~ 4 False signature projectors
        ~ Beaming inhibitors

Other Technology:
        ~ Asgard sensors
        ~ Rings
        ~ Asgard enhanced Tauri central computer

Technical and Historical Notes:

~ High density Poly-Crystalline/Trinium alloy armor provides superior protection against energy based weapons at only half the weight of convetional armour.
        A polycrystal is a material that is made of many smaller crystallites with varying orientation. The variation in direction can be random or directed, due to growth and processing conditions.

~ The ships sensors and electronics are mainly asgard designed and some tau'ri equipement. The Kraken class are some of the first ships to be equiped with beaming inhibitors(teleportation signal jammers), but the inhibitors would also jamm a beaming device instaled on the ship, therefore a beaming device is not instaled(in some respect it is more important that a enemy can not beam anithing in your ship than for you to have the same capabiliti). The ship is alsaw equiped with four False signature projectors makeing it dificult to target.

~ It's two ion-based sublight main drives and four ion-based manouvering thrusters give it excelent speed and manouvering capabilites, surpasing any other ships of its class or larger.

~ The ships main wapons systems are centerd around the two Westhinghouse-O.T.O. Melara Mk.II Heavy 24 inch(609mm) Neutral Particle Beam Cannons.
        A neutral particle beam consisting of hydrogen atoms, accelerated along a looong barrel that runs the length of the ship, with the barrel on the front.
        It's main use is vs. other ships, but requires that the ship's nose is pointed at it's target. However, since particle beam weapons are another near the speed-of-light weapon (like lasers), it wouldn't have to be pointed at the enemy very long.
        Disadvantages: For such a weapon, to have the kind of power needed, would need to run the length of the ship. Longer the barrel, the more power to the weapon. Longer barrel = more accelerators placed along it = more acceleration of particles, terefore the Krakens Particle Beam Cannons ar short range weapons, but very powerful ones. Also, a neutral particle beam wouldn't work so well in an atmosphere.

TECHNICAL DATA: Westhinghouse-O.T.O. Melara Mk.II Heavy Neutral Particle Beam Cannon:
        ~Designer/builder: Westhinghouse-O.T.O. Melara.
        ~Mode: discharges of 0.6-1.8 seconds
        ~Rate of fire: Maximum, 6 discharge/minute, standard 3 discharge/minute
        ~Nominal bore: 24 inch(609mm)
        ~Barrel bore: 30 inch(762mm)
        ~Energy for each 1.8 seconds discharge: 41,880 Terajoules (10 Megatons)
        ~Energy for each 0.6 seconds discharge: 13,960 Terajoules (3.3 Megatons)

As a backup for the main guns the ship alsaw has 12 ELS(Electromagnetic Launch System) missile tubes for Mk. VIII naquadah enhanced nuclear missiles. It is to be noted that the use of ELS missile tubes may increace the missiles speed by 10-20%. Rail gun armament, though impressive, is geared primarily towards neutralizing and suppressing incoming enemy ordinance (such as missiles, drones etc.) and/or enemy fighters.

Given her size and purpose, the Kraken does not carry fighter support of any kind. The ships are usualy used in wolf-pack tactics to ambush enemy starships and overwhelming them with speed and devastateing firepower. Even a small group of 3-5 of this ships would be a dangerouse oponent to any capital ship.

The ship is not iet finished, i stil have a lot of details to do.
        IMO: you've prety much hit the nail on the head here man

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
          IMO: you've prety much hit the nail on the head here man
          Thanks Crazy Tom

Comment

I thought i'd finished the basic build on the Helo, now onto all the greebling.

Spoiler:

But i've done this to it since...

Spoiler:

I've not been too surea bout the full length cockpit for a day or two and after fiddling about with an extended 2 man version of this i've decided to enclose the lower portion of the cockpit canopy. Gonna add a chamfer in a bit, too much of a chin on this atm.

I've also decided on a name HG-380 Wasp-Class Helicopter Gunship. The two man version would be the Hornet HG-381

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

It may help to bevel the front edges so its not so much of a right angle for the edges.

Maybe even round off the windows so it would be easier to look out the windows.
              Visit my Website

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Lee View Post

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

I've not been too surea bout the full length cockpit for a day or two and after fiddling about with an extended 2 man version of this i've decided to enclose the lower portion of the cockpit canopy. Gonna add a chamfer in a bit, too much of a chin on this atm.

I've also decided on a name HG-380 Wasp-Class Helicopter Gunship. The two man version would be the Hornet HG-381
                wouldn't the bigger missle shoot the "fins" off?

Comment

The rear missiles are bombs... forgot to add that in the original post (D'oh)

I will be chamfering off the lower front edge in literally two minutes,

Comment

Hey Dr Lee Would you be interested once the model + specs are done in putting that in to the fleet? It would be great to have an advanced ground based helicopter or attack chopper. We dont quite have the inbetween range covered. We have hover tanks, fighters and space ships but a mid range defensive or offensive ground based chopper with perhaps a limited space worthyness (so it can be carried to a planet by ship then beamed to the ground or fly to the ground) or perhaps a gate travel facility.
                    sigpic
                    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                    Stargate : Genesis |
                    Original Starship DesignThread
                    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                    11000! green me

Comment

I would be happy to mate. Though i may need some assistance in sorting out the specs to the standard fo the fleet thread.

Comment

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Best I seen so far that has come out of you, GJ Dr. Lee
                        sigpic
                        ----DeviantArt----

Comment

I would be happy to mate. Though i may need some assistance in sorting out the specs to the standard fo the fleet thread.
                          Ok great, once you post the specs ill have a look over them, they will probably be fine for the fleet with only a couple of mods.
                          sigpic
                          You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                          11000! green me

Comment

Things have certainly been buisy here latelly. Boberth2o and Dr. Lee, those are some great models you've got.
                            Look forward to seeing that helo develope especially.

I've actually been doing some modelling latelly. Got lots of ideas I'm kicking around right now.

Got a new weapon system and a new ship that'll be posted maybe tomorrow, but defenately this week (and this time, I'll actually do it!)

Got a new ship with an old model, and an old ship with a new model. These might actually make it to the OSDT next week. I want to get the new model textured first, which I've never done before, so we'll see.

Got two new races I'll be introducing. I've got two space stations (well, one and a half), a star ship (or two), two star fighters and a city to build for them.

I've spent some time fixing and detailing my Daedalus class model, (nice to finally have some high rez reffrence pics) in part so I can build a Daedalus variant that has a whole new weapon system on it. Then I'm going to put the same weapon system on a variant of my old H.H. Arnold class.

To top that all off, I've finally learned how to model a wraith ship. I've started with the dart, then a cruiser and hive.

Comment

Cooky looks great and its fantastic to see you around again. Be great to see you active once more.

Tep
                              Ps theres an official dart model we have available for those who are interest, it will be available soon
                              sigpic
                              11000! green me

Comment

Really? Cool... Where's that from and how much is it?

Comment

Working...
                                X