• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cooky
    THE PICS AND EXPLANATIONS
    *drools over the post*

Best Stargate quote:
    Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
    Green is your friend.

Comment

aiight, here is my shot as a fighter carrier, and first time ive designed something, do be easy on me lol, it is ment to resemble the hanger of a 304, but with its own bridge and engines and weapons...i hope it works lol, and again, it is my first and i know it doesnt really look that good, but i think you can get the idea=):

FC-350
      (fc=fighter carrier...unknown if it is a real designation but hey lol)

purpose: to bring in a lot of f302 type fighters

prupulsion(sp?): basic ion drive system, asgard hyperdrive

power: 4 naquada power generators

capacity: 100(including pilots) , 50 f-302 and varients, 2 al'kesh, and 5 tel'taks

weapons: 6 point defence(against fighters) cannons, and 2 heavy cannons(vs ships although not very much)...all weapons are based on the "photon torpedo" weapon(pretend it was actually made)

defences: asgard sheilds

other: asgard beams, cloak, ecm, eccm

history: once the united states goverment realized that darts were one of the main oppenets thrown at us by the wraith, also that wraith ships have no sheilds, they decided to incorperate the first version of a fighter carrier with the "photon torpedo" weapons, after success of these from recent battle cruisers, the ship itself is not much of a combat class, but can hold its own if needed, although it barely can, for enemy fighter, it has 6 point defence versions of the "photon torpedo" and for enemy capital ships it has 2 have "photon torpedo" turrets, along with this are a big compliment of f302s, plus 2 alkesh and 5 tel'taks(for evacuation purposes usually), of the f302s, it includes the missile carrier, the a-10 type, the bomber, the multi-role, and more(pretty much any that have been published in this thread), with this complement of fighters, it could easily bring fighters into battle and secure defeat of the enemy, although heavy cost to make such a big ship has limited development(come on, 50 302s, 2 alkesh, and 5 tel'taks?that take up a bit of space) although the cost, there have been 5 made, 3 at earth, and 2 out in the feild although usually with abydos type, or other battle cruisers, there are currently no names as these have all be rushed into service with the recent number of hive ships have appeared, names will be given later

sig made courtesy of M2W

Comment

Originally posted by mburrows
        aiight, here is my shot as a fighter carrier, and first time ive designed something, do be easy on me lol, it is ment to resemble the hanger of a 304, but with its own bridge and engines and weapons...i hope it works lol, and again, it is my first and i know it doesnt really look that good, but i think you can get the idea=):

FC-350

capacity: 100(including pilots) , 50 f-302 and varients, 2 al'kesh, and 5 tel'taks

weapons: 6 point defence(against fighters) cannons, and 2 heavy cannons(vs ships although not very much)...all weapons are based on the "photon torpedo" weapon(pretend it was actually made)

history: once the united states goverment realized that darts were one of the main oppenets thrown at us by the wraith, also that wraith ships have no sheilds, they decided to incorperate the first version of a fighter carrier with the "photon torpedo" weapons, after success of these from recent battle cruisers, the ship itself is not much of a combat class, but can hold its own if needed, although it barely can, for enemy fighter, it has 6 point defence versions of the "photon torpedo" and for enemy capital ships it has 2 have "photon torpedo" turrets, along with this are a big compliment of f302s, plus 2 alkesh and 5 tel'taks(for evacuation purposes usually), of the f302s, it includes the missile carrier, the a-10 type, the bomber, the multi-role, and more(pretty much any that have been published in this thread), with this complement of fighters, it could easily bring fighters into battle and secure defeat of the enemy, although heavy cost to make such a big ship has limited development(come on, 50 302s, 2 alkesh, and 5 tel'taks?that take up a bit of space) although the cost, there have been 5 made, 3 at earth, and 2 out in the feild although usually with abydos type, or other battle cruisers, there are currently no names as these have all be rushed into service with the recent number of hive ships have appeared, names will be given later
        Its pretty good. I like the backstory too.

Best Stargate quote:
        Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
        Green is your friend.

Comment

The Space Carrier 350 kinda reminds me of...

or

or

(I'm a big fan of Wing Commander!)

Comment

Just a random cargo ship based on previous designs. I call her the Pegasus.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Joshua Talon

Just a random cargo ship based on previous designs. I call her the Pegasus.
              That's very cool! But why Pegasus?

Comment

Originally posted by Daryl Froggy
                That's very cool! But why Pegasus?
                Well, she's intended to be a flying beast of burden. Carrying cargo, personnel, and other supplies back and forth at hyperspeed. And the first few examples would be deployed in the Pegasus Galaxy to give the Atlantis misson more flexibility.

Comment

Originally posted by mburrows

FC-350

what are measurements, because Alkesh are damn big!!! unless they dock into the vessel instead of landing.. I like the Design it reminds me of the ARMD Platform from Robotech..

Comment

I havnt been to this tread in a while and man has it grow big. i was just scrolling back through the pages and then in the end went back alot further to review some of the stuff i had already seen and was reminded of some of the pure gold that has been created. My personal fav being the Sentry class cruser From Mr Talon. If you like looking at all of the pics like i do then just take a glance back at some of the other ships that have been created. I think the sentry class was on page 11 of this tread. Maby let us know which is ur fav ship

Comment

W00t they like it lol

btw, i dunno the measurement as im not exactly how big an alkesh is heh, but just imagine a huge hanger inside a ship with limited crew quarters, and other small places thar are usually big e.g mess hall, it aint ment for very long trips, and of course the asgard hyperdrive is equipped with a lil "primitive" form of asgard energy(forgot to mention) so it takes about a day or 2 to get to pegasaus or ida

sig made courtesy of M2W

Comment

OculusMortis dude i didnt know you had wipped up one of my ships that thing is awsome and just how i intended it to be in the first place that is sooooo sweet thank you. everyone go and check out OculusMortis's work its quality stuff. Hes got the Abidos class destroyer by Andrew Joshua Talon, the Titan class battleshp by me and the A307 swallow by himself. its quality stuff check it out

http://s41.photobucket.com/albums/e276/OculusMortis/

yo oculus im gonna be posting up a carrier ship soon and if you could wip up a modle of that i would be o so greatful. tnx

Comment

That glider looks a lot like an A-10 Warthog.

Comment

yea well if you look back in the thread he says that he based it on the a 10

Comment

Originally posted by JRPR
                              yea well if you look back in the thread he says that he based it on the a 10
                              Oh ok . I like the A-10 meself but don't really see the mini-gun design having much use in space. Won't be able to propel shells far enough quickly to be any real use.
                              Aestethic-wise though its cool.

Comment

yea but i guess it would be good if it was a kinda mini railgun because the amount of damage done the the rails on a rail gun when it is used extensivly is huge so i guess it would stave of over heating for a while longer

Comment

Working...
                                X