Regenerative Nanite Hull plating

Other Technology:
    Emergency life pods
    Teleportation Technology
    Sub-space sensors
    Adaptive Nanite Ship

Technology Descriptions:
    Nanite technology
    The ship is made up of individual nanite blocks creating a symbiotic relationship. The ship is intelligent in design but restricted by its programming to follow the pattern of the intended ship.
    This allows the ship to react to dangers and threats in a way no others can, with the added bonus of regeneration if required.

The Nanites are not affected by the replicator disruptor weapon but are affected by large amounts of energy. For example long periods of continuous energy weapons fire from a ship.

History:

Comment

Spoiler:
      Originally posted by JoNzA View Post
      well I am going to post one my ship again now and see if it get a response this time lol

Cool ship, its looking good

RJB i can't find the post to quote it but your ships (deadalus, space station, ancient ship and the other one) are all amazing.

And now to get to me.
      I want to know if this is any good. (considering its been done in google sketchup)

I'd like you to ignore the watermark, i don't have a rendering program at the moment (does anyone know any good ones (preferably free or cheap)
      Spoiler:

Shot at 2007-07-14
      Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!

sigpic

Comment

Titan that's pretty good. I'd love to see more. There is a free render engine called Yafray. Don't know if it is compatible with GS, but you could try.

Comment

Originally posted by titan_hq View Post
          Cool ship, its looking good

RJB i can't find the post to quote it but your ships (deadalus, space station, ancient ship and the other one) are all amazing.

And now to get to me.
          I want to know if this is any good. (considering its been done in google sketchup)

I'd like you to ignore the watermark, i don't have a rendering program at the moment (does anyone know any good ones (preferably free or cheap)
          Spoiler:

Shot at 2007-07-14
          Nice ship and good work
          sigpic

Comment

And now to get to me.

Spoiler:

Shot at 2007-07-14
            First off thank you.

As for your modeling, I think it looks like it's coming along fine.
            Could I get a few more views of the ship so I can get a feeling for the over all design? It's hard to really telling you what I think till I can see the whole thing and know were you are going with the design and detail.

"Space isn't remote at all. It's only an hour's drive away if your car could go straight upwards." - Fred Hoyle
            Feel free to visit my Art Work.

Comment

Originally posted by RJB View Post
              First off thank you.

As for your modeling, I think it looks like it's coming along fine.
              Could I get a few more views of the ship so I can get a feeling for the over all design? It's hard to really telling you what I think till I can see the whole thing and know were you are going with the design and detail.
              The only reason i posted that part of the ship is that, thats all i've done in detail yet. But a will do a 3-veiw in SU so you can see the whole ship.

sigpic

Comment

The only reason i posted that part of the ship is that, thats all i've done in detail yet. But a will do a 3-veiw in SU so you can see the whole ship.
                Yeah I knew you only had a small amount done but I wanted to see how the detail was flowing in relation to the whole of the ship.

"Space isn't remote at all. It's only an hour's drive away if your car could go straight upwards." - Fred Hoyle
                Feel free to visit my Art Work.

Comment

well here is some pictures of my newest ship that currently is in vip state.
                  enjoy.
                  Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

well here is some pictures of my newest ship that currently is in vip state.
                    enjoy.
                    Spoiler:

cool ship looks kind of like the deadalus like it's a later model.
                    Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

You should go a new route with the top part, which I call the turtle shell.

Maybe take that part out, because its been done to death.

You ship looks like the Prometheus, maybe you should look at how that was laid out and build it from that.

Also what I think would look nice, is if you put the hangers closer to the bottem of the ship.

ps: add an engine shot
                      Visit my Website

Comment

lol turtle shell
                        thanks for the tipp
                        engine shot on the way
                        sigpic

Comment

Here is the shot of the whole ship. cant do any more at the moment as my computer is really slow at the moment and i need to fix it. this render took nearly 50mins to do! anyway here it is, what do you think?

Spoiler:

Shot at 2007-07-16

sigpic

Comment

Here is the shot of the whole ship. cant do any more at the moment as my computer is really slow at the moment and i need to fix it. this render took nearly 50mins to do! anyway here it is, what do you think?

Spoiler:

Shot at 2007-07-16
                            very nicly done
                            I can hardly belive you did this in google skhetchup lol
                            sigpic

Comment

very nicly done
                              I can hardly belive you did this in google sketchup lol
                              thanks, this is the first model i've done which is looking half decent (up to now anyway) lol

sigpic

Comment

Well, I've been buisy the last week or so. Got two new designs working right now, with plans for a third.

In addition, I've been playing with blender's particle and animation systems and made this video. Still a work in progress, but I felt like sharing it.

The file is about 4 megs, so it'll take a few to load.

Vid File

Comment

Working...
                                X