X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeay
    sigpic

Comment

Well here is my station idea with 2 of my new wip ships docked to it for scale.
      Enjoy.

PS looking good JoNzA

"Space isn't remote at all. It's only an hour's drive away if your car could go straight upwards." - Fred Hoyle
      Feel free to visit my Art Work.

Comment

Originally posted by RJB View Post
        Well here is my station idea with 2 of my new wip ships docked to it for scale.
        Enjoy.

PS looking good JoNzA
        wow nice station and ships
        but what sort of station is it?
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JoNzA View Post
          wow nice station and ships
          but what sort of station is it?
          It's a multi-purpose station. It can be used for communication, resupply, observation or even a port for trade. The design is setup so it can be built on the ground and then beamed into space for final assembled.

Here are some larger better lighted pictures of my 2 new designs.

"Space isn't remote at all. It's only an hour's drive away if your car could go straight upwards." - Fred Hoyle

Comment

nice design it feels like it is mostly tauri design on the space station
            and too the ship design it looks like it is a hybrid of asgard, ancient and tauri design.
            Great work RJB
            sigpic

Comment

RJB and Others who are great at modelling ancient looking ships, could i recruit you (and id like to get cooky if he would like, millenial pride was an ancient ship) to help design and model a new Ancient fleet for 3.0. It wont be totally military, things like a cruiser and your station and that new ship would be perfect in fact. If you up for it, and need help with the history of the lantians in the context of the GWF's then i can help you out but i think your doing designs which would work well in 3.0 so i thought itd ask
              sigpic
              You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
              Stargate : Genesis |
              Original Starship DesignThread
              Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
              11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
                RJB and Others who are great at modelling ancient looking ships, could i recruit you (and id like to get cooky if he would like, millenial pride was an ancient ship) to help design and model a new Ancient fleet for 3.0. It wont be totally military, things like a cruiser and your station and that new ship would be perfect in fact. If you up for it, and need help with the history of the lantians in the context of the GWF's then i can help you out but i think your doing designs which would work well in 3.0 so i thought itd ask
                Well both of the new models are going to be tau'ri ships (using the asgard and ancient technologies that we acquired over the years.) but I do plan to do some ancient ships. Maybe I'll try to have a early wip of one up this weekend.

Comment

But they could be used as a model in the fleet under the guise of ancient ships, they look like Ancient ships even if intended to be tauri.
                  sigpic
                  You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                  Stargate : Genesis |
                  Original Starship DesignThread
                  Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                  11000! green me

Comment

When it comes to an Ancient design this is more of what I have in mind. (I'll try to do a station next.)

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Joshua Talon View Post
                      [ATTACH]2488[/ATTACH]

Abydos-class destroyer
                      ~Type: Small hyperspace capable warship
                      ~Technology Base: Tau'ri/Asgard
                      ~Length: 120 meters
                      ~Beam: 54 meters
                      ~Draft: 38 meters
                      ~Decks: 9
                      ~Displacement: 18,597 tons (normal Earth gravity)
                      ~Construction: Trinium reinforced high-tensile steel hull.
                      ~Crew: 48 (maximum capacity 250)
                      ~Powerplant: Three naquada reactors, enhanced battery storage system.
                      ~Propulsion: Two hyperspace window generators
                      Two ion-based sublight drives
                      Anti-gravity wave generators
                      ~Weapons: 16 x Mk. 42 Vertical Missile Launch Quad-Packs.
                      64 x Mk. VIII naquada enhanced tactical ship-to-ship missiles
                      3 x twin-barrel 3.5 inch rail gun cannons x 10,000 rounds each gun.
                      3 x single-barrel 1.5 inch rail gun cannons x 15,000 rounds each (two mounted underside of main hull, one in recessed section of main superstructure)
                      2 x multi-function underside bays, capable of carrying any weapon in US or NATO inventory, including ICBMs.

~Defenses: Asgard shields
                      Cloaking device
                      Reactive hull armor with trinium reinforcement

~Other technology: Asgard transporter/sensor technology
                      Rings

~Historical and Technical Notes

Commander R. Doyle Gillespie had been retired from the United States Navy for nearly five years when the job offer was made. His expertise in nuclear engineering, submarine and naval operations, and covert ops experience had made him the ideal candidate for a new, secret program, code-named Abydos. The commander, briefed by General O'Neill on what the program would entail, thought this was a long-overdue retirement prank.

Until he saw the Stargate. After that, he was more than eager to take the job.

With the USAF beginning construction of the new BC-303 class starships, the United States Navy and Army began to lobby Congress to get in on the action. Why should the Air Force be the only service helping to defend the planet? Naval contractors were already involved in constructing new Daedalus-class starships, but the USN wanted their own space project. While the Navy received a contract to build and manage their own F-302 squadrons, the President felt that the US submarine force was ideal for starship operations, and authorized the US Navy to begin work on a new, small, stealthy-class of starship that would function as a relatively cheap counterpart to the larger, more powerful and expensive Daedalus.

Using technology developed in the USN's DD(X) program (which was building a new, stealthy destroyer to replace the Arleigh Burke-class vessels in the future), Project Abydos designed a simple, stealthy starship, largely with existing, Earth-based technologies. Trinium, being rather difficult to procure in large quantities, was mainly directed to the BC-303 program. The Abydos project, instead, used a trinium-steel alloy for much of the first ship's construction, and reinforced several key areas with trinium itself. The addition of reactive armor, developed for the DD(X) program, would grant the new ship nearly the same survivability as a BC-303, but at half the cost. With access to Al'kesh cloaking devices traded from the Free Jaffa Nation for tretonin, the ships would serve well in hit-and-run attacks against hostile forces and ambushes, as well as covert surveillance missions.

Crammed mainly with weapons, engines, and supplies, the Abydos (or X-308) had slightly more internal space than a Los Angelus-class attack submarine for her crew. Still, the vessel's accomadations are excellent, owing to the small crew compliment needed to run her. With engines and reactors taken directly from the BC-303 program, the Abydos is a very over-powered starship in real and hyperspace, easily capable of keeping pace with an Al'kesh at sublight speeds, and WAY faster than any Gou'ald ship in hyperspace.

Her considerable missile armament allows her to fire a barrage of 16 missiles in one salvo, giving her a great "knock-out" punch capability against even Gou'ald supermotherships. However, in a pitched battle, without reloads for her VMLS cells (like the BC-303), the Abydos suffers the very real possibility of running out of ordance in the middle of an engagement. Her rail gun armament, though impressive, is geared primarily towards engaging ships in her weight-class, again, like the Al'kesh. Though new naquada-tipped shells for rail guns are available, the Abydos is simply not capable of engaging large enemy forces on her own. The tactic, therefore, is to engage in shoot-and-cloak attacks, whittling down an enemy's fleet until reinforcements arrive.

Given her size and purpose, the Abydos does not carry fighter support of any kind, though she can refuel and re-supply a few F-302s in an emergency. Her lower bays are reserved for small support craft (such as a Tel'tac), additional weapons, or soldiers. She can deliver a sizeable force of troops into combat, her ventral-mounted railguns built for supporting such actions, or ring/transport them down enmass, only coming down above ground to provide firesupport.

The first vessel, the Abydos herself, was commanded by now-Captain R. Doyle Gillespie on her first shakedown cruise, shortly following the destruction of the Prometheus by the Rand Confederation. She was soon tasked with supporting SG-8 and SG-4 while the teams were under attack by a Prior of the Ori, and in her first combat action, with her weapons and shields gone thanks to the Prior, simply landed on top of him, killing him instantly. Suffering some minor damage in the attempt, she was nevertheless repaired and sent to investigate the disappearance of several Stargates by Ba'al. She was too far away to render aid to SG-1 when they were captured by the Lucian Alliance, but did succeed in intercepting and destroying a kassa shipment bound for Chulak.

With the threat of the Ori, the US Navy and Air Force have switched into full-scale production of both Daedalus and Abydos class starships, with roughly a two-to-one ratio of the BC-303 to the DC-308 (formally X-308). The United Kingdom and France have both been given the plans to the Abydos-class destroyer, and hope to build two vessels each by next year. Russia, preferring the BC-303 design, nevertheless have been given access to the plans in case they change their minds. The Abydos's sister ships, the Memphis and the Delphi, are expected to be completed by the end of the year, while a fourth vessel, the Oracle, is currently being laid down at the Newport News submarine construction facility.

(Please note, this is just the first version of the design. I've been drawing and re-drawing this ship for weeks in my notebooks, but as I have no 3D art programs, I'm basically stuck with MS Paint. Hopefully the ship doesn't look too bad...)
                      it looks great.
                      i was thinking about a DD type myself but seeing your design.
                      maybe i can use some of yours?

Comment

Here is some size charts for my next 3 ships with my wip Daedalus to base the scale on.

Comment

Originally posted by RJB View Post
                          well i guess all i can say is WOW
                          BTW do anyone know what texutering (spelling) is?
                          sigpic

Comment

well i guess all i can say is WOW
                            BTW do anyone know what texutering (spelling) is?
                            Thanks and texturing mean to added a texture map to the object.
                            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texture_mapping

Comment

alright I hope that I have some kind of turtioal for that
                              sigpic

Comment

alright I hope that I have some kind of turtioal for that
                                What program do you use?

Comment

Working...
                                X