X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks cool.

Like a jaffa, human hybrid design.

very cool, going to be doing it 3d
    Last edited by knowles2; 27 February 2007, 08:31 AM.

Comment

Ok here is a new design of ship please comment.

Spoiler:
      Type: Long-range, advanced hyperdrive capable, scout ship

Classification: Varod-class warship

Hull: The hull is comprised of four meters thick Inert Trinium/Naquada/Titanium ablative armour, with secondary one meter thick Titanium armour underneath.

Decks: The main ship has 5 decks, all standing approximately 2m in height with a 1m shaft between decks.

Dimensions:
      >> Ship Height: 15m
      >> Ship Length: 100m
      >> Ship Beam: 75m

Crew: A crew of 35 is required to control the ship

Power plant:
      >> Unknown

Engines:
      >> 1x intergalactic Karn cloaked hyperdrive
      >> Tritium cloaked Ion Engines
      >> Anti-Gravity Engines

Armament/Weapons:
      >> 4x Beam energy weapons
      >> 8x Repeating energy weapons

Defences:
      >> 8x regenerative Contoured shield generators [Distance of approx 10m]
      >> 4x secondary contoured shield generators.
      >> Structural Shields

Other Technology:
      >> Karn Cloaking Device
      >> Internal Dampeners
      >> Biological computer technology
      >> Holographic interfaces
      >> Transportation Technology

Technical and Historical Notes:
      Designed as a fast manoeuvrable scout ship for the Karn fleet, the Varod-class ships are quick to adapt to any situation. Using specially designed propulsion systems that do not give off any signatures increasing the stealthy ness of the ship, the ship is also equipped with a very advanced cloaking device, designed to functions even when under fire or using its armaments.
      Small and agile the Varod can easily defend itself against enemy capital ships and fighters and due to its cloaking device the Varod is also a capable assault ship as well.
      Meet the Karn, the true race of the stars.

Comment

Originally posted by satnamboll28 View Post
        Hello

I have a design for this..complete break away from the pyramid design..although it's half there..human/jaffa hybrid to be honest...but i think it still looks pretty good..tell me what you think..

satnam
        it is interesting, kinda reminds me of a klingon bird of prey actually. I actually wanted the ship to be mostly of Jaffa design, mainly because I wanted this proud race to design and build their own ships without relying on the weapons and ships made by their previous oppressors.

Good ship keep working on it. When do you think that you'll have a spec sheet for it?

Comment

ummm... can a Mod 'sticky' this thread?
          sigpic
          ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Originally posted by boberth2o View Post
            ummm... can a Mod 'sticky' this thread?
            Why? All it has is random spam.

Comment

got my hand on Sketchup 6. Cool new stuff in it. Like the parallel projection fx.

Perspective :
              Spoiler:

Parallel projection
              Spoiler:

took the liberty to take one of your model Zake. Started doing a colony.

Comment

Originally posted by Extrenix View Post
                got my hand on Sketchup 6. Cool new stuff in it. Like the parallel projection fx.

Perspective :
                Spoiler:

Parallel projection
                Spoiler:

took the liberty to take one of your model Zake. Started doing a colony.
                Parallel projection? Haven't seen that. I like some of the cool new styles they have though. That model of Thor is rather old..maybe I'll upload the newer one later..

Comment

Originally posted by Daryl Froggy View Post
                  it is interesting, kinda reminds me of a klingon bird of prey actually. I actually wanted the ship to be mostly of Jaffa design, mainly because I wanted this proud race to design and build their own ships without relying on the weapons and ships made by their previous oppressors.

Good ship keep working on it. When do you think that you'll have a spec sheet for it?
                  hello..i literally just sketched out the design purely by chance..egyptian designs played a large part in the sketch..the ankh, and then it clicked..akhenaten...old king..and then the rest fell into place...
                  it was supposed to be a human/jaffa hybrid ship from the future timeline in one of my fan fictions..
                  but i guess it can be jaffa through and through..the front neck part is kinda human though..
                  specs?
                  it's faster..bigger..more powerful than any other goauld tech in history...
                  multiple power core enables the vessel to generate tremendous amounts of power..
                  has shielding reverse engineered from a half built ship that anubis didn't have time to construct and left in the dock when his fleet was destroyed..so it's shields are pretty good..
                  has four absolutely massive engines..or they could be improved goauld inertialess engines...haven't decided yet...
                  the diamond bit in the middle is the bridge..
                  the circular platforms are like landing bays for smaller craft to..ummm..land...and go into the ship..but they look nice anyway..so thats still in the air...
                  the ship can carry thousands of jaffa...lots of space, lots of pilots as well...
                  weapons wise..has improved staff tech..several times more powerful than hatak cannons...and it has lots of them...am thinking about 30-60 of them..followed by about 100 far smaller guns, for taking out smaller targets etc..but then again it's still up in the air..
                  thought about improved death gliders..but to be honest they need a newly designed fighter as dg's are crap..
                  rings of course...
                  hallways are silver rather than goauld gold..and it matches the armour...
                  what else? interstellar hyperdrive..they never really get IGHD's to be honest..working on that one..
                  can do ship to ship engagements..
                  planetary assault and bombardments...
                  deep space recon..
                  other deep space stuff...
                  they use new improved hand staff weapons..like the sodan only they fire faster and are more powerful...
                  new armour is based off kull designs..but silver..
                  and they have lots of fancy jaffa bombs that they love using..lol
                  crew quarters are simple but practical...training areas..and lots of other stuff..
                  brothel perhaps? for both men and women? doubt that will go down well but you never know!!
                  i really haven't thought about it very deeply just yet..the sketch just popped onto the paper....
                  akhenaten is a nice name..for either the ship or the class..i think bratac would be an excellent name for the flagship of the jaffa fleet...what do you think?

check out my refined deep space carrier designs..have been doing this a little while..
                  http://www.thelordofeternaldarkness....rrierfront.jpg
                  http://www.thelordofeternaldarkness....cecarrier3.jpg
                  http://www.thelordofeternaldarkness....cecarrier2.jpg

all in all, it seems to coming together..now all i have to do is figure out the texturing beast in maya 8 and then i can detail and texture these babies

have many more ships..super carrier..small support ship..new seraphim bomber...new 302 fighter..bit by bit...
                  satnam
                  strength must be balanced with sweetness of temperament

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs View Post
                    Why? All it has is random spam.
                    While that might be true there are alot of amazing posts in this thread and it is the largest thread in this section and i have wanted it to be stickied for along time. But that being said its very rarely part the 2nd page so it doesnt make much difference.
                    Extrenix, love the colony, very cool. My PC wont run sketchup 6 for some reason, its really annoying.
                    sigpic
                    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                    Stargate : Genesis |
                    Original Starship DesignThread
                    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                    11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
                      While that might be true there are alot of amazing posts in this thread and it is the largest thread in this section and i have wanted it to be stickied for along time. But that being said its very rarely part the 2nd page so it doesnt make much difference.
                      Extrenix, love the colony, very cool. My PC wont run sketchup 6 for some reason, its really annoying.
                      Those amazing posts were several months ago. Now it's all "yes very nice"; Not exactly something worth being stickied.

Comment

Originally posted by satnamboll28 View Post
                        hello..i literally just sketched out the design purely by chance..egyptian designs played a large part in the sketch..the ankh, and then it clicked..akhenaten...old king..and then the rest fell into place...
                        it was supposed to be a human/jaffa hybrid ship from the future timeline in one of my fan fictions..
                        but i guess it can be jaffa through and through..the front neck part is kinda human though..
                        specs?
                        it's faster..bigger..more powerful than any other goauld tech in history...
                        multiple power core enables the vessel to generate tremendous amounts of power..
                        has shielding reverse engineered from a half built ship that anubis didn't have time to construct and left in the dock when his fleet was destroyed..so it's shields are pretty good..
                        has four absolutely massive engines..or they could be improved goauld inertialess engines...haven't decided yet...
                        the diamond bit in the middle is the bridge..
                        the circular platforms are like landing bays for smaller craft to..ummm..land...and go into the ship..but they look nice anyway..so thats still in the air...
                        the ship can carry thousands of jaffa...lots of space, lots of pilots as well...
                        weapons wise..has improved staff tech..several times more powerful than hatak cannons...and it has lots of them...am thinking about 30-60 of them..followed by about 100 far smaller guns, for taking out smaller targets etc..but then again it's still up in the air..
                        thought about improved death gliders..but to be honest they need a newly designed fighter as dg's are crap..
                        rings of course...
                        hallways are silver rather than goauld gold..and it matches the armour...
                        what else? interstellar hyperdrive..they never really get IGHD's to be honest..working on that one..
                        can do ship to ship engagements..
                        planetary assault and bombardments...
                        deep space recon..
                        other deep space stuff...
                        they use new improved hand staff weapons..like the sodan only they fire faster and are more powerful...
                        new armour is based off kull designs..but silver..
                        and they have lots of fancy jaffa bombs that they love using..lol
                        crew quarters are simple but practical...training areas..and lots of other stuff..
                        brothel perhaps? for both men and women? doubt that will go down well but you never know!!
                        i really haven't thought about it very deeply just yet..the sketch just popped onto the paper....
                        akhenaten is a nice name..for either the ship or the class..i think bratac would be an excellent name for the flagship of the jaffa fleet...what do you think?

check out my refined deep space carrier designs..have been doing this a little while..
                        http://www.thelordofeternaldarkness....rrierfront.jpg
                        http://www.thelordofeternaldarkness....cecarrier3.jpg
                        http://www.thelordofeternaldarkness....cecarrier2.jpg

all in all, it seems to coming together..now all i have to do is figure out the texturing beast in maya 8 and then i can detail and texture these babies

have many more ships..super carrier..small support ship..new seraphim bomber...new 302 fighter..bit by bit...
                        satnam
                        uh, could you tone it down a bit. No offense but I'm not looking for the next uber-super-awsome-ship I'm just looking for the first step of the Jaffa towards their own styles of ships. They will be largely based off of the old Goa'uld designs but they won't just be a repition of what the goa'uld would make.

Your ship seems to just be a generation after the next generation Goa'uld ship with silver trimming instead of gold.

By spec sheet I meant a list of dimensions technologies and its developmental history.

If possible could everyone keep their designs within the next twenty years or so for the Jaffa?

Comment

starting to texture.
                          looking for a place to add a stargate...

Comment

starting to texture.

make a control tower, or 'colony square'
                            sigpic
                            ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Originally posted by Daryl Froggy View Post
                              uh, could you tone it down a bit. No offense but I'm not looking for the next uber-super-awsome-ship I'm just looking for the first step of the Jaffa towards their own styles of ships. They will be largely based off of the old Goa'uld designs but they won't just be a repition of what the goa'uld would make.
                              Your ship seems to just be a generation after the next generation Goa'uld ship with silver trimming instead of gold.
                              By spec sheet I meant a list of dimensions technologies and its developmental history.
                              If possible could everyone keep their designs within the next twenty years or so for the Jaffa?
                              hello again

right..like i mentioned..this came out of the blue, and i havent really had time to go through specs and full history for the vessel..the sketch is still liable to change..
                              in the fan fiction that i am currently writing, the milky way galaxy is still at war, in the future from the current timeline..the jaffa are tired of taking losses, and so they adapt by exploring what systems they know..in the midst of this, they find an old ship that used to belong to anubis..half constructed, but with shield generators intact...it takes the jaffa scientists 3 years to completely study the vessel..in that time, with the new knowledge, they decided to build a new ship..something to equal the humans super capital ships...a combination of battleship, carrier, able to perform many different missions..
                              this design is the first departure away from the goauld, and pure jaffa..all the advancements they have, coming from shared tech with earth and others, not to mention their own offworld teams coming across interesting stuff...are put to use in this vessel...
                              hence it is more advanced..it's power core is straight from the half constructed ship..more powerful than what they have to bear..the shielding is more advanced, as well as the weapon systems...the jaffa take it all, and put it into this ship...they also update the death glider, and come up with something different..
                              the akhenaten is jaffa through and through..big..powerful...and it packs a punch..it's new shielding enables the ship to go toe to toe with the ori motherships...nor more single shot kills...
                              it fulfills the roles that the jaffa have need of..
                              dimension wise..3-4km long...about half that wide..it is a massive ship..simply because they couldn't shrink the power core..
                              power supplemented by various reactors throughout the ship..in case of power failure, there is a backup..
                              weapons..big cannons, little cannons, and it also carries a compliment of missiles...
                              can carry several hundred fighters...
                              carries death gliders, alkesh, cargo ships etc...
                              has cargo bays for tranportation of various goods..
                              massive engines (4 of them)
                              interstellar hyperdrive...
                              ring system etc...
                              this ship is built 5 years from the current timeline in my fiction...and is currently on operation in the milky way galaxy engaging the ori whenever the situation arises.. since this class came into usage, the jaffa no longer lose their ships so quickly..they are able to press their advantages against the ori forces..superior battle skills, and tactical brains...the ori just charge in under the prior...
                              that was about it...the new improved death gliders are very striking..i will try to sketch them, but am on a timetable at the moment..

satnam
                              strength must be balanced with sweetness of temperament

Comment

starting to texture.

love it, show me more lots more!
                                sigpic
                                You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                                Stargate : Genesis |
                                Original Starship DesignThread
                                Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                                11000! green me

Comment

Working...
                                X