This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
    Hes not going to reply, id enjoy it too much Just like your post.

PS If you hadnt been so dang arrogent wed have let the fanwanking go and you could have impressed us next time, were a very forgiving community and generaly nice people...were not shippers who would eat you up for saying the wrong wording of a quote, were, what are we, shippies? THey really did steal our name...anyways yeah if you ahdnt been arrogent we wouldnt have ganged up and preemptively trash your introduction in to the thread

(im so hoping you reply soon!)
    i agree...early fanwank forgivable...early arogance not so much

p.s david i liked your post
    Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
      Hes not going to reply, id enjoy it too much Just like your post.
      what a waste of good modeling skillz tho

Comment

Weve got enough modellers, we could always use more, but if someone starts off like that then its not exactly the best start is it
        sigpic
        You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
        Stargate : Genesis |
        Original Starship DesignThread
        Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
        11000! green me

Comment

I liked Semmer's ships. leave out the ZPMs, and the earth refences and history and we have what could be a very potent foe for the Gateworld fleet. I just think the models are too good to waste. Plus, I like multi-1000km ships.
          Quacks

Comment

Originally posted by CouchPotator View Post
            I liked Semmer's ships. leave out the ZPMs, and the earth refences and history and we have what could be a very potent foe for the Gateworld fleet. I just think the models are too good to waste. Plus, I like multi-1000km ships.
            no ones wasting anything if he wants to get involved with the fleet like a sensible adult and he can leave the arogence at the airlock where it belongs i'd be happy to include him...

i like enemy ships to be 1000m+ but earths not likely for a very long time especially mass produced as for the models they were good for first attempts but i've seen much better and i don't think they're good enough for him to be coming out with comments like the ones he came out with before...

like i said i won't hold this against him unless of course he comes back with more cocky comments
            Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Check this out -- It would be the third earth ship design an improvement on the BC-304, to go with the flow, its called the BC-305. Pardon my writing.

sigpic
              ----DeviantArt----

Comment

I think that your drawings are very nice, as well as your writing but I'm used to my own.

Anyway here is my rough Maat Mons Model. Enjoy and critique.

http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehou...sm&cv=p5.0.295

Comment

Originally posted by Daryl Froggy View Post
                  I think that your drawings are very nice, as well as your writing but I'm used to my own.

Thanks. Cool, I think that you model should be less boxy.
                  sigpic
                  ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Why? What is wrong with boxy? I admit it is a little sparse and currently lacks doors but there is still something nice about strong cubical shapes.

Comment

Why? What is wrong with boxy? I admit it is a little sparse and currently lacks doors but there is still something nice about strong cubical shapes.
                      It would look more appealing to us, Now I have to admit that I have had some crapy designs too (not that yours is bad, I just was using the figure of speech)

Edit: spelling errors
                      sigpic
                      ----DeviantArt----

Comment

I dont like ships that have guns that are more gigantic than a human (IE the size of a bus, canon) Just because a gun is slightly larger doesnt mean its going to be stronger. It was always a pet peeve of mine. Or to that matter you can just do the easy route and say it can pop out of the hull.

This is the future here, and it should be more adapted to the ships, not like a cylinder on top of a box on the outer hull of a ship.

This isnt directed at anyone in perticular.
                        Visit my Website

Comment

Hey, nice job Daryl.

Best Stargate quote:
                          Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                          Green is your friend.

Comment

Name: USS B.A.M.F. (Battle Armed Modfied Frigate)

Class: Frigate- Support/ light recon/ light transport/ Patrol Ship

Tech: Earth built tech apart from Asgard transporters and hyperdrive

Crew: 80 crew and 50 passengers

Hull: A naquada trinium carbon hull

Engines: Asgard hyperdrives and 8 Ion Drives with a sublight engine

Weapons: 6 500mm rail guns, 6 100mm rail guns, 2 Earth/Alien Hybrid Particle Cannons, 1 Asgard Energy Weapon, 8 nuclear Enhanced Missles, Carries 16 F-302, two cloaked recon vessels with light shields and light weapons (2 rail guns 50mm)

Power Source: Mark IV

Shields: Asgard Shields with a backup Earth/Alien Hybrid shield
                            Other Specifactions: Beaming Technoly, ring transport, Hybrid Earth/Alien Sensor grid including subspace sensors, heat sensors, Sound sensors Subspace Communications,

History

One day in the late 20th century and early 21Th century a young Second Lieutenant in the Air Force who Majored in Aero-Space Designs, watched Dane Cook do one of his comedy acts and he thought BAMF would be a sweet name for a ship. He then started designs ships as a joke not knowing of the SGC. Years later as a Captain he was introduced to the world of the Stargate. Over the years he worked on several different ships although at the time Earth had not the resources or the desire to go on these ideas. He worked on the BC-304 Daedalus and still tried to have his ideas made. As time went on he gave up on his ideas knowing that he would have to wait for them to be made. He stored that at Area-51 and given to his family members that were passed down. Recently these designs have been found and using the technology and resources now at Earths reach they have modified the designs with there tech. The ship was named the B.A.M.F.(Battle Armed Modified Frigate) in honor of that USAF officer who wanted to name that ship it. The ship now fights along side Earths force it did not see action against the wraith but has had some battle against other enemies of Earth. In its history it has only lost 23 members of the original crew. The commanding officer was Lieutenant-Colonel Sawacki but he was promoted and then retired. The new commanding officer is Lieutenant-Colonel Biggio one of the decadents of the original designer.
                            Vote Anubis for President in 2012
                            A Face you Can Trust
                            sigpic
                            So whats the worst that could happen?
                            Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
                            It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Oh why, oh why.. Why did I post when having a bad hangover...

Sorry guys, I wasn't trying to be arrogant, just having a bad, short temper day as some of you might know..
                              Now when reading my previous post it seems to be meant with some serious irony, and if I can read your posts as clear minded now, most of you didn't get it. So maybe it was indeed my linquistic skills that I lacked.

Oh, and for some of you to know... I've been around here a few years, reading, reading and reading, as a visitor.

Again, my apologizes.

And Immhotep, don't say you judge my models by the amount of details? They aren't actually finished yet.

Btw. boberth2o, your version of BC-305 looks extremely logical that would even fit to the show itself!

Comment

Originally posted by Semmer View Post
                                Oh why, oh why.. Why did I post when having a bad hangover...

Sorry guys, I wasn't trying to be arrogant, just having a bad, short temper day as some of you might know..
                                Now when reading my previous post it seems to be meant with some serious irony, and if I can read your posts as clear minded now, most of you didn't get it. So maybe it was indeed my linquistic skills that I lacked.

Oh, and for some of you to know... I've been around here a few years, reading, reading and reading, as a visitor.

Again, my apologizes.

And Immhotep, don't say you judge my models by the amount of details? They aren't actually finished yet.

Btw. boberth2o, your version of BC-305 looks extremely logical that would even fit to the show itself!
                                ok fair enough, i'll assume your apology was also directed at me aswell

Comment

Working...
                                X