Secondary craft:
    ~64 Fighter's (8 Squadrens)
    ~ Variable ~

Other facilities:
    ~Full trading facilities
    ~Advanced beaming, resupply systems
    ~Docking capabilities for all Terran ships
    ~Full range of Communications and sensor systems
    ~Medical and life support systems for several hundred people.
    ~Stargate and DHD

History and detail:
    The Sector Hub stations are the life blood of Terran Economy. They are the primary distrubution service for all goods that are produced by Earth and its allys, they are essentially one giant market. They service ships from all over their sector, and can ship resources or commoditties accross the known universe. They each have a stargate, which Via the Midway station and its call forwarding program meaning they are able to provide resources of every description to practically anywhere. They are the heart of our econimic survival and by the taxing of naquadah especially they fund nearly all of our independant projects. They can be used by any friendly race and its services, of every kind are all avalable for a Price.
    Besides being one of the catalysts for an economic boom after the fall of the Ori, and therefore held in high esteem by all, they are the targets of Raids and in some cases wishfull take overs. The fact that each of the Stations hold, at any one time can hold 15% of the Galactic Produce makes the need for powerfull defences paramount. The powerfull Asgard shields, inconjunction with 3 extreamely large Naquadah power plants mean that the Station can hold defence against Almost any fleet of Warships. It has the authority to call upon any ship in our fleet to come for defence and because most large commericial trades come with armed security there is rarely ever a time when a ship isnt in the neibourhood to defend the station. In addition to mercinary ships, it has a fight detatchment of 64 fighters and a weapons battery which use the latest Miltary technology the Terrans have.
    The Stations are litteratlly the Heart of the local sectors, providing an open market and powerful econminc benefits to any planet within range. We have a monopoly of Naquadah and trinium trade through these stations which allow us to afford and maintain our position in the galaxy. Without these stations our fleet would not have been built. Their powerfull defensive nature is secondary; thier role as trading capitol however is vital to everyone.
    sigpic
    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
    Stargate : Genesis |
    Original Starship DesignThread
    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
    11000! green me

Comment

its a bit soon for specs i think, its not even finished
      im gonna keep some of the specs you made immothep and do them when im finished.
      Last edited by Extrenix; 08 December 2006, 03:11 AM.

Comment

Those are specs that i already had which had been voted upon the Gw fleet2.0 if need be i will adapt them (not too much) in accordance with your model but essentially those are the spes i already had. If you want then i may do new ones for your model, its up to you.
        sigpic
        You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
        11000! green me

Comment

well the specs are great and the history is cool, just like I wanted it to be . I would just add a few things like a docking bay (like the one where prometheus was) for a standby human mothership of the size of a deadalus class or something that big.

and by fighters, you mean f-302 or something I suppose ?

I guess I should fully read that gw fleet v2 thread. That could be usefull

Comment

Originally posted by Extrenix View Post
            V3.0 Fixed

Spoiler:

What did you use to draw that? I designed a really cool ship but someone had a go at me for not putting a pic to it so i tried paint and it went ever so horrendously wrong!
            When all technology has failed and all hope is lost, we will realize we had the ultimate advantage all along...

MAY BANJOS RULE THE WORLD!!!
            The reason my chemistry teacher hates me:
            Spoiler:
            MBA (my chemistry teacher): What is Avagadros constant?
            Me: 6 and a bit times 10 to the 23.
            MBA: Yea, you know that "bit" is two billion trillion?
            Me: Im barnsley and hung over, a bit will do
            AND
            MBA: What do we do to the number of moles to get the number of atoms?
            Me: Times it by that really big number!
            MBA: Yes, that really big number, what is it?
            Me: How should i know?
            MBA: Its on the board
            Me: Then whats the point in asking???

Comment

Google sketchup 5 pro + patch + pluggins
              your sig is quite funny

Comment

Im done !
                7 screenshots just below.
                Spoiler:

Comment

Imma just go have a heart attack..its amazing!!!! Its perfect, seriously perfect! Well done id green you if i could
                  sigpic
                  11000! green me

Comment

The model looks amazing, really it does. IMO it just doesn't seem to say massive trading outpost to me. The rectangular structure with the guns on it is supposed to be a kind of landing bay for 304 type ships right? That drastically reduces the amount of space available for storage. It just doesn't seem like it would have enough room for 15% of galactic produce. Unless it's a lot bigger than I'm taking it to be. Maybe I'm just spoiled on too much Babylon 5. It puts me in mind of an airport, not a marketplace. I'm not trying to put you down or anything, I'm really not, I just don't think it fits immhoteps description. I could see it as a spaceport above a planet, kind of a jumping off point for travelers, maybe attached to a space elevator, but not a galactic trade hub.
                    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
                      The model looks amazing, really it does. IMO it just doesn't seem to say massive trading outpost to me. The rectangular structure with the guns on it is supposed to be a kind of landing bay for 304 type ships right? That drastically reduces the amount of space available for storage. It just doesn't seem like it would have enough room for 15% of galactic produce. Unless it's a lot bigger than I'm taking it to be. Maybe I'm just spoiled on too much Babylon 5. It puts me in mind of an airport, not a marketplace. I'm not trying to put you down or anything, I'm really not, I just don't think it fits immhoteps description. I could see it as a spaceport above a planet, kind of a jumping off point for travelers, maybe attached to a space elevator, but not a galactic trade hub.
                      i agree, it's a fantastic model but i feel Zakes model fitted the description more...this could be an entirely new station
                      Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Well if the large bit with the guns was some kind of giant open air market, then it owuld work perfectly, all the other parts would be admin and offices and banking services and things like that.
                        If you want ill make up new specs, screw it, with that model there is alot of potential, i love it. It looks so great, its exactly the kind of look i wanted, its advanced but looks human, and it looks like it was made by us. Its great.
                        sigpic
                        11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
                          i agree, it's a fantastic model but i feel Zakes model fitted the description more...this could be an entirely new station
                          Phwew, I thought I was the only one and I was going to be pissing off the entire thread, which is not what i wanted to do. I just was trying to offer constructive criticism, key word constructive.

Hmm immhotep I'm not sure an open air market would work that well in space, you know, what with no air and all, but I know what you're getting at, kind of a space mall. It just didn't seem quite bulky enough to store things and have a market place.
                          Last edited by jds1982; 09 December 2006, 08:28 AM.
                          All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
                            Well if the large bit with the guns was some kind of giant open air market, then it owuld work perfectly, all the other parts would be admin and offices and banking services and things like that.
                            If you want ill make up new specs, screw it, with that model there is alot of potential, i love it. It looks so great, its exactly the kind of look i wanted, its advanced but looks human, and it looks like it was made by us. Its great.
                            cool it's your station mate...and it is a great model

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
                            Phwew, I thought I was the only one and I was going to be pissing off the entire thread, which is not what i wanted to do. I just was trying to offer constructive criticism, key word constructive.
                            lol, don't worry most people won't jump at you for trying to be helpful
                            Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Whos gunna be pissed off? I wasnt going to be, im a nice guy lol (or do i strike fear in to the hearts of all ) Yeah i might write a new design, it will be a trading station or a station of some description. I do like the model so much though, and im kinda the opposite, i thought my origional model was the most fitting, but there ya go. Space stations are an important part so its gotta be done right. I think this model is so good that itd be a waste not to use it. Also could you create an artificial atmosphere within the shields? Because you would never lower the shields right, so you could create a atmosphere of some kind within it..
                              sigpic
                              11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
                                Whos gunna be pissed off? I wasnt going to be, im a nice guy lol (or do i strike fear in to the hearts of all ) Yeah i might write a new design, it will be a trading station or a station of some description. I do like the model so much though, and im kinda the opposite, i thought my origional model was the most fitting, but there ya go. Space stations are an important part so its gotta be done right. I think this model is so good that itd be a waste not to use it. Also could you create an artificial atmosphere within the shields? Because you would never lower the shields right, so you could create a atmosphere of some kind within it..
                                you were bound to find out sooner or later, we're all terrorfied of you

and yes you could create at atmosphere within the shield but if the shield ever failed they'd all be killed so i don't think it's a good idea unless you have a Z.P.M

Comment

Working...
                                X