X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

X-309 Hornet --prototype launch 2008

Type: Interceptor
    Technology Base: Earth/Asgard/Goauld
    Nations: Japanese Air Force, United States Navy, United States Air Force, Royal Navy/Air Force, Russian Space Service, Canadian Air Force,
    Hull: Titanium/Steel Alloy, Carbon composites, Trinium-frame and high stress areas
    Dimensions:
    ~Length: 10m
    ~Width: 10m
    ~Height: 3m
    Crew: 1- Pilot
    Powerplant: Mk. I Naquadah Generator
    Engines:
    ~Two Heavy Ion Thrusters-
    -Modular~One short range hyperspace window generator Mk II
    ~Mk II Inertial Dampners
    Weapons:-Multiple Weapon configurations depending upon the mission
    Standard~Two Mk. II 5mm Railguns/ 1000 rounds each
    ~Four Retractable Side Launching SRM
    *Fighter
    ~12 AMRAAM MRM/ Four Hardpoints with Three Rack Carriages
    ~Two LRM on Fuselage/ Long Range Air to Air Missiles

*Bomber
    ~Four Titan Class/ Experimental shaped charge Naquadah enhanced Missiles
    ~Two Mk. IX Gatebuster/Anti-Ori Nuclear Bombs-/ Magnetic Cuplings allow the bombs to attach to Ori ships after the fighter performs shield bypass.

Defenses:
    ~Inert Naquadah Plating-around vital areas| Engines, Cockpit and Inertial Dampners
    ~Reactive Armor-placed along fuselage

After receiving the plans for the F-302 Superiority Fighter Japanese Engineers realized the realitivly slow fighter made for a poor interceptor.They reworked the Ion Engines to nearly double the thrust and increase the inertial dampning to nearly 97%. The Japanese also tripled the missile payload of the F-309 to twelve MRM to increase their effectiveness against Wraith Darts. The "Hornet" has twice the speed and three times the manueverablity of the venerable F-302.
    Attached Files

Comment

Well for my first try at using 3ds max for modeling I decided to try it out on a ship design in this thread.

Mr. Talon I give you my (WIP) Abydos

Go easy as I said first time for me using 3ds max, and I am still fairly new to 3d modeling, its still WIP, I am still adding the finer detail.

Let me know what you think.
      "I'm not crazy. I just have another consciousness in my brain."

Firefly/Serenity Fans checkout:
      http://www.intotheblack.ca/
      Click ME >>>> My 3d Models" <<<<Click ME

Comment

Originally posted by OculusMortis
        Well for my first try at using 3ds max for modeling I decided to try it out on a ship design in this thread.

Mr. Talon I give you my (WIP) Abydos

Go easy as I said first time for me using 3ds max, and I am still fairly new to 3d modeling, its still WIP, I am still adding the finer detail.

Let me know what you think.
        I think that this is the greatest gift I've ever gotten online. THANK YOU SO MUCH! ^______^

This is SO COOL! I love it! Thank you thank you thank you! It's spectacular! And don't feel bad if it's not as good as you hoped: It's a hell of a lot better than I would ever have been able to do!

Once again, THANK YOU! And feel free to display it on your own site or deviantart.com account or use it in an RPG or whatever! Because you have brought my dream to life! THANK YOU SO MUCH! ^___^

Comment

dude!someone that is part of gateworld should give the whole abydos idea to the writers....it would be a very kick ass ship to add in season 10!

seems so kool and great..and rfom what i understand WAY better then the deadalus class, just cheaper...omg, i LOVE IT!!!!!

i myself am working on a ship(possibly a fighter) but unsure on what i want on it lol

sig made courtesy of M2W

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Joshua Talon
            I think that this is the greatest gift I've ever gotten online. THANK YOU SO MUCH! ^______^

This is SO COOL! I love it! Thank you thank you thank you! It's spectacular! And don't feel bad if it's not as good as you hoped: It's a hell of a lot better than I would ever have been able to do!

Once again, THANK YOU! And feel free to display it on your own site or deviantart.com account or use it in an RPG or whatever! Because you have brought my dream to life! THANK YOU SO MUCH! ^___^
            glad you like it .

Comment

OK this time i thought i would have a go at a cruser.

BC-305 'Serpant' class

Type: Battle Cruser
              Hull: Titanium/titanium Alloy with Carbon composites
              Dimensions:
              -Length: 150m
              -Width: 80m
              -Height: 40m
              Crew: 50
              Powerplant: Mk. IV Naquadah Generator
              Engines:
              advanced hyperspace window generator
              Two advanced ion-based sublight drives
              Next genaraton advanced Anti-gravity wave generators
              Weapons:
              -6 fixed forward firing heavy coil guns 1000 rounds each
              -4 remote controled light coil guns 1000 rounds each
              -24 tactical naquada enhanced nuclear warheads
              -1 gate buster class space mine (as it could have helped by laying some near the event horizon of the super gate in camalot)
              Defenses:
              -Inert Naquadah Plating in certain areas
              -Asgard designed shields
              Other tech:
              -Sensor masking counter measures (when the counter measures are activated the ship starts giving of false dummy ship signitures in different positions around the enemy ship making it harder to get a lock on the real ship)
              -AFC (adaptable flight computer) This is a state of the art computer that is intagrated in to the sensor, comunicational and flight systems. It has tactical, evasive and aggresive manuevers programed in to the system. It is highly inteligent and is able to analyse enemy attack patterns and formulate an evasive pattern to counter it.
              -Asgard sensor tech
              -Asgard Beeming tech
              -Gou'ald rings

A brief technical history:
              -The BC 305 project codenamed 'Serpant' began in 2006 to attempt to counter the Ori threat. A group project between the British, French and American govornment to maximise productivity. After the korlev was destrodyed at the hands of the ori it was clear that a faster more manueverable ships were needed.

It has been made clear that the ori ships main weapon is a slow fireing directed weapon. The BC 305 manages this in several ways. First of all it has advanced anti grav wave genarators to alow it to perform more complex sharp manuevers. Also as the oir ships must be facing the target to shoot at it it 305 features advanced sublight drives to help out manuever and get behind the Ori ships.

The sensor masking countermeasures take advantage of the fact that an ori ship can only fire on one vessle at a time, the countermeasures make the probability of a direct hit to the ship much lower. Finaly the advanced flight computer, once activated it will continuously scan the ori vessle to detect a weapon power up, once it detacts that the weapon is about to be discarged it will alter direction and begin evasive flight to dodge the energy blast.

This ship was designed to be used in small swarms as a single 305 can only have limited effect on an ori ships shield. The international involvement alows greater amounts of these ships to be built in a shorter amount of time.
              Attached Files

Comment

I have a general idea for a cruiser and a top view of it. Please I really would like feed-back on this concept.

*there is no picture here becuase I removed it mwahahahaha!

Powerplant: 2x Asgard reactors and 4x Mk. IV naquadah generators.

Weapons: 4x main double coilguns and 24x point defense coilguns 25x wild-weasle EM missile accelerators.

Support craft: 14x F-302's 2x EC-332's.

Crew: 125 (200 if fully loaded with passengers)
                Last edited by Daryl Froggy; 12 May 2006, 11:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JRPR
                  OK this time i thought i would have a go at a cruser.

BC-305 'Serpant' class

Type: Battle Cruser
                  Dimensions:
                  -Length: 150m
                  -Width: 80m
                  -Height: 40m
                  Crew: 50
                  Engines:
                  Two advanced ion-based sublight drives
                  Weapons:
                  -6 fixed forward firing heavy coil guns 1000 rounds each
                  -4 remote controled light coil guns 1000 rounds each
                  -24 tactical naquada enhanced nuclear warheads
                  -1 gate buster class space mine (as it could have helped by laying some near the event horizon of the super gate in camalot)
                  Defenses:
                  -Asgard designed shields
                  Other tech:
                  -Sensor masking counter measures (when the counter measures are activated the ship starts giving of false dummy ship signitures in different positions around the enemy ship making it harder to get a lock on the real ship)
                  -AFC (adaptable flight computer) This is a state of the art computer that is intagrated in to the sensor, comunicational and flight systems. It has tactical, evasive and aggresive manuevers programed in to the system. It is highly inteligent and is able to analyse enemy attack patterns and formulate an evasive pattern to counter it.
                  -Asgard sensor tech
                  -Asgard Beeming tech
                  -Gou'ald rings

A brief technical history:
                  -The BC 305 project codenamed 'Serpant' began in 2006 to attempt to counter the Ori threat. A group project between the British, French and American govornment to maximise productivity. After the korlev was destrodyed at the hands of the ori it was clear that a faster more manueverable ships were needed.

It has been made clear that the ori ships main weapon is a slow fireing directed weapon. The BC 305 manages this in several ways. First of all it has advanced anti grav wave genarators to alow it to perform more complex sharp manuevers. Also as the oir ships must be facing the target to shoot at it it 305 features advanced sublight drives to help out manuever and get behind the Ori ships.

The sensor masking countermeasures take advantage of the fact that an ori ship can only fire on one vessle at a time, the countermeasures make the probability of a direct hit to the ship much lower. Finaly the advanced flight computer, once activated it will continuously scan the ori vessle to detect a weapon power up, once it detacts that the weapon is about to be discarged it will alter direction and begin evasive flight to dodge the energy blast.

This ship was designed to be used in small swarms as a single 305 can only have limited effect on an ori ships shield. The international involvement alows greater amounts of these ships to be built in a shorter amount of time.
                  Now that's what I'm talking about! Good on you, mate! You didn't make a fanwank ship! This is great! Good work!

Now, I'm wondering if you could take a stab at a patrol-ship design?

Comment

Thanks man im actualy just working on a battle ship at the moment and i meen a real battle ship without all the hangers and support craft. once im done with that tho yea a patrol ship sounds like fun. we got some realy good ship designs in this thread, we got some carriers, fighters, cruisers, destroyers and the list goes on. if we pick out all the gooduns then we could make up our own fleet that earth could considder from about 2010-2020.

Thats a nice ship you got there Daryl Froggy do you recon we could have some more info about it. It seems like more of a carrier than a cruiser as cruisers are small fast ships. Im not realy sure about the asgard genarators cos the asgard dont seem to want to give us much more than what we got. Maby in a fue years time when we have saved there ass and they ow us one. also carrier ships arent realy our main concern at the moment they have limited weapons so oir ships will sustain almost no damage. good work tho give us some more info!
                    Last edited by JRPR; 21 March 2006, 05:23 AM.

Comment

Thats a nice ship you got there Daryl Froggy do you recon we could have some more info about it. It seems like more of a carrier than a cruiser as cruisers are small fast ships. Im not realy sure about the asgard genarators cos the asgard dont seem to want to give us much more than what we got. Maby in a fue years time when we have saved there ass and they ow us one. also carrier ships arent realy our main concern at the moment they have limited weapons so oir ships will sustain almost no damage. good work tho give us some more info!
                      Well since posting I had an idea for the two large hangars it has to detatch at the location and act as separate dedicated carriers(though with limited maneuverability) and the center would act as an individual warship.

Though this concept is even more rough than the one above I will get more detailed information within a day or two. Sorry for the lag.
                      Last edited by Daryl Froggy; 21 March 2006, 12:55 PM.

Comment

k its a double entry from me today so heres the first:

BS-306 'Titan' class

Type: Battle Ship
                        Dimensions:
                        -Length: 400m
                        -Width: 130m
                        -Height: 60m
                        Crew: 180
                        Powerplant: 4 Mk. IV Naquadah Generator
                        Engines:
                        Four advanced multi directional ion-based sublight drives (the back two ion drives can be dirrected to give the ship greater manueverability)
                        Weapons:
                        -26 double barreled heavy coil guns 1000 rounds each
                        -38 remote controled light coil guns 1000 rounds each
                        -50 naquada enhanced nuclear warheads
                        -5 gate buster class space mine
                        Defenses:
                        -Advanced Asgard designed shields
                        Other tech:
                        -Modifyed asgard beem tech to tow smaller ships through hyperspace
                        -AFC (adaptable flight computer)
                        -Asgard sensor tech
                        -Asgard Beeming tech
                        -Gou'ald rings

The first of the Titan class came in to service in 2007. As it was clear that the Asgard did no wish to share there weapons tech it was seen that the only way forward was to creat a fully dedicaed battle ship by loosing the hanger bays and support craft to allow more space and power for weapons. It was also the first ship to use multi directional ion drives to allow much better manueverabillity which is unmatched in any ship of its size.
                        Attached Files

Comment

this is my second, its something a little different so let me kno what you think:

Type: Scout Ship
                          Technology Base: Earth/Asgard
                          Hull: Titanium/Carbon composites
                          Dimensions:
                          -Length: 80m
                          -Width: 30m
                          -Height: 15m
                          Crew: 10
                          Engines:
                          Four advanced ion-based sublight drives
                          Anti-gravity wave generators
                          Weapons:
                          -4 remote controled light coil guns 100 rounds each
                          Defenses:
                          -Asgard designed shields
                          Other tech:
                          -Advanced Asgard sensor tech
                          -Asgard Beeming tech

This ship was designed and built for the task of preventing ori beach heads and super gates from forming by seeking them out and sending intel back to stargate command. It is also used to gather intel on the enemy fleets in the galaxy. The for railguns are only for defence in extreem situations as the ships primary function is to drop out of hyperspace and scan the target without being detected and then leave befor the ship is detected. it is equiped to do this in several ways, the first is the carbon composit construction making it almost invisible to sensors. The next is the advanced asgard hyper drive which can be pushed to its maximum performance making sure teh ship is not intercepted on its way back to the nearest earth outpost with its inteligence. Next the advanced sensors and comunication array to work at a much longer range than usual.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by JRPR; 22 March 2006, 02:54 AM.

Comment

For anyone who iss intrested the most recent caps of the Abydos 3d model can be viewed here:
                            http://photobucket.com/albums/e276/OculusMortis/

Critics, opinions etc are welcome

Comment

k its a double entry from me today so heres the first:

BS-306 'Titan' class

Type: Battle Ship
                              Dimensions:
                              -Length: 400m
                              -Width: 130m
                              -Height: 60m
                              Crew: 180
                              Powerplant: 4 Mk. IV Naquadah Generator
                              Engines:
                              Four advanced multi directional ion-based sublight drives (the back two ion drives can be dirrected to give the ship greater manueverability)
                              Weapons:
                              -26 double barreled heavy coil guns 1000 rounds each
                              -38 remote controled light coil guns 1000 rounds each
                              -50 naquada enhanced nuclear warheads
                              -5 gate buster class space mine
                              Defenses:
                              -Advanced Asgard designed shields
                              Other tech:
                              -Modifyed asgard beem tech to tow smaller ships through hyperspace
                              -AFC (adaptable flight computer)
                              -Asgard sensor tech
                              -Asgard Beeming tech
                              -Gou'ald rings

The first of the Titan class came in to service in 2007. As it was clear that the Asgard did no wish to share there weapons tech it was seen that the only way forward was to creat a fully dedicaed battle ship by loosing the hanger bays and support craft to allow more space and power for weapons. It was also the first ship to use multi directional ion drives to allow much better manueverabillity which is unmatched in any ship of its size.
                              I like the look of your ships. Especially this one. You obviously put a lot of time into it. Well done.

In case anyone feels left out, I like all the stuff I've seen. Well done to all.
                              The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed! Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is so vast, and we are so small, there is only truly one thing we can control; whether we are good or evil... -Oma Desala
                              Spoiler:

To all the 'Sci & Tech' forum users: If you are searching for a thread about your topic of interest, please come visit our Concordance Thread. If you have any questions, we will attempt to help you.
                              http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=26498

Feel free to pass the green..!

My Website... http://return-of-the-constitution.webs.com
                              My Blog @ http://myhatsize.blogspot.com
                              Amazing Literary Works of Fel... http://sennadar.com/wp/

Also, visit my webpage at... http://www.stargatesg1.com/Seastallion Sadly, this page is gone with the website that supported it, but I'll keep the link up in memorial.

Comment

Originally posted by OculusMortis
                                For anyone who iss intrested the most recent caps of the Abydos 3d model can be viewed here:
                                http://photobucket.com/albums/e276/OculusMortis/

Critics, opinions etc are welcome

Not bad...
                                The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed! Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is so vast, and we are so small, there is only truly one thing we can control; whether we are good or evil... -Oma Desala
                                Spoiler:

To all the 'Sci & Tech' forum users: If you are searching for a thread about your topic of interest, please come visit our Concordance Thread. If you have any questions, we will attempt to help you.
                                http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=26498

Feel free to pass the green..!

My Website... http://return-of-the-constitution.webs.com
                                My Blog @ http://myhatsize.blogspot.com
                                Amazing Literary Works of Fel... http://sennadar.com/wp/

Also, visit my webpage at... http://www.stargatesg1.com/Seastallion Sadly, this page is gone with the website that supported it, but I'll keep the link up in memorial.

Comment

Working...
                                X