This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
    hi guys, Ltcolshepjumper and Cameron Mitchel are currently in the process of
    making a couple of stargate games one for SG1 and one for SGA we need people to join the development team (of which i am a part) in the capacity of concept artists is anyone skilled in this area and intrested?

if you are intrested in being a concept artist or in taking part at all get in touch with cameron mitchel or Ltcolshepjumper you can find them on the ship scaling sprites thread...

thanks Buba
    Yeah, just PM me or Email me ([email protected]) if you would like to join. You don't have to be a concept artist. BUt, We only need one. ANd, if the person I asked doesn't accept the job, then we'll need someone else. But, it would be good if we could have some more people apart of the Dev Team. I'll post up the jobs soon.
    Originally posted by WTFOwned View Post
    Haven't been able to post any updates on my ship recently, so here it is:

I added some rail guns to it.
    If you want to see a really big side view:
    Click here
    What a Great looking ship!

The jobs (positions) are:

Story Writer
    Script Writer
    Coder(or Coding Person)
    Sprite-Maker
    World Builder (Sprite Maker who designs all the backgrounds which will be sometimes on planets, space, space and planets, ship wrekage in space, etc)
    Possibly the following as an addition:
    Music People (mainly try to find background music for the game, different levels. The main music for the game (Will be on menu page) has already been chosen. Music must be STARGATE-WORTHY!
    Sound Effect People (get the sound effects for ships, weapons, etc)
    Concept Artist (ONly need one person, more can join-makes the concept art for the game)

SO, just PM me, if you would like to join. Thankyou for your time.
    Last edited by Cameron Mitchel; 22 October 2006, 05:41 PM. Reason: Adding stuff, as expected...

Jesus is Lord!

Comment

The "Achilles" was built for speed and agility but dont underestimate her, she has a think durable hull

Comment

Name: Guardian

Type: Short range fighter

Technology base: Ancient based technology

Operators: Ancients

Naval Classification: Strike Fighter

Hull: Ablative naquadah/trinium/carbon alloy. The alloy dissipates most of the energy produced by energy weapons providing the hull with added protection.

Decks: The Guardian has a single deck.

Dimensions: The Guardian is 16 meters long, 2 meters high and 1.5 meters wide with a wingspan of 10 meters

Displacement: Unknown

Crew: The Guardian is a single seated fighter.

Craft: There are no additional craft

Vehicles: The Guardian contains no additional vehicles.

Power plant: The Guardian is powered by a single ZPM type device.

Engines: The Guardian uses sublight engines.

Armament/Weapons: The Guardian is equipped with two repeating disintegrating energy weapons and four Ancient Drones.

Defences:
        The Guardian is equipped with no defensive capability.

Other Technology: The Guardian is equipped with Ancient sensors.

Technical and Historical Notes:
        The Guardian was designed at the height of the war with the Wraith; it was designed as a fast attack fighter, which could be deployed from Ancient battleships. The Guardian was designed to work in a squadron of ten ships to attack the target with multiple attacks, designed to remove small threats to allow the larger fleet to be able to attack. Using specially designed repeating energy weapons that disintegrate on contact, ideally designed to disintegrate the organic hull of Wraith ships, the Guardian could do substantial structural damage to the hull causing overall system failures.
        Last edited by fallen_arbiter; 23 October 2006, 05:17 AM.
        Meet the Karn, the true race of the stars.

Comment

Originally posted by fallen_arbiter View Post
          Name: Guardian

Type: Short range fighter

Technology base: Ancient based technology

Operators: Ancients

Naval Classification: Strike Fighter

Hull: Ablative naquadah/trinium/carbon alloy. The alloy dissipates most of the energy produced by energy weapons providing the hull with added protection.

Decks: The Guardian has a single deck.

Dimensions: The Guardian is 16 meters long, 2 meters high and 1.5 meters wide with a wingspan of 10 meters

Displacement: Unknown

Crew: The Guardian is a single seated fighter.

Craft: There are no additional craft

Vehicles: The Guardian contains no additional vehicles.

Power plant: The Guardian is powered by a single ZPM type device.

Engines: The Guardian uses sublight engines.

Armament/Weapons: The Guardian is equipped with two repeating disintegrating energy weapons and four Ancient Drones.

Defences:
          The Guardian is equipped with no defensive capability.

Other Technology: The Guardian is equipped with Ancient sensors.

The Guardian was designed at the height of the war with the Wraith; it was designed as a fast attack fighter, which could be deployed from Ancient battleships. The Guardian was designed to work in a squadron of ten ships to attack the target with multiple attacks, designed to remove small threats to allow the larger fleet to be able to attack. Using specially designed repeating energy weapons that disintegrate on contact, ideally designed to disintegrate the organic hull of Wraith ships, the Guardian could do substantial structural damage to the hull causing overall system failures.
          I like that design sound very cool. I like the ablative armour and the weapon designs. they seemed quites possible. Althoungh I do think the sze is bit big for a fighter, but My poersonal decison, I like small and moneuverable.

So far ever race we have encounter has had fighter so it would make sense for the ancients have. Wish we see them in the show.

Comment

i think it's good design but i don't see the point of having an ancient fighter, doesn't seem like their style and they'd be destroyed with ease anyway seeing as they'd be outnumber 100-1 by darts...

the asgard don't have fighters either, though i think it would be funny to see one
            Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

i think it's good design but i don't see the point of having an ancient fighter, doesn't seem like their style and they'd be destroyed with ease anyway seeing as they'd be outnumber 100-1 by darts...

the asgard don't have fighters either, though i think it would be funny to see one
              The ancient fighters would probably have a higher kill ratio though.

Best Stargate quote:
              Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
              Green is your friend.

Comment

Oh I don't know 302's seem to do ok against darts even when they're outnumbered, so I'm sure ancients would do fine. Of course we've seen an Asgard fighter, that's what the O'Neill is, and trust me you really don't wanna see their battleships.

Originally posted by immhotep
                Its weapons array is very potent, each craft has the abiltiy to fire 4 highly powerfull nuclear missiles, each able to take out 30% of a hatak shields or destroy an area the size of Africa.
                I have a question about the Dragonis fighter. Although I like the idea of fighters carrying nukes, are these nukes maybe just a little too potent? One of these fighters could wipe out most life on Earth! Even with the enhancements you mentioned, wouldn't those nukes still need to be pretty large to have that much destructive capacity? Don't get me wrong I like the ship, I just think maybe the nukes are a bit overboard.
                All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Originally posted by freyr's mother View Post
                  The ancient fighters would probably have a higher kill ratio though.
                  they'd definately have a higher kill ratio but there could possible be 5 hives to every ancient warships thats thousands of darts and i can't imagine an ancient ship carrying more than 100 fighters...

it's all about numbers, the ancients would be sending people to their deaths at least in capital warfare they have shields and they're not outnumbered hundreds to one...

Oh I don't know 302's seem to do ok against darts even when they're outnumbered, so I'm sure ancients would do fine. Of course we've seen an Asgard fighter, that's what the O'Neill is, and trust me you really don't wanna see their battleships.
                  they were doing well but what do you think would have happened if the battle continued? and it's also down to pilots aswell earth military forces are highly trained fighting an overwhelming force i doubt the ancients would have had that luxury...

and an Oneill is an asgard battleship! the asgard don't have fighters, their bodies just aren't suited to it and they don't have enough asgard left (the whole extinction cloning problem) to throw away in fighter combat not when they can quite easily blow the enemy capital ship away...
                  Last edited by Buba uognarf; 23 October 2006, 08:51 AM.
                  Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

and an Oneill is an asgard battleship! the asgard don't have fighters, their bodies just aren't suited to it and they don't have enough asgard left (the whole extinction cloning problem) to throw away in fighter combat not when they can quite easily blow the enemy capital ship away...
                    Yeah I know an O'Neill is a battleship, I was joking when I said it was a fighter, although could you imagine if it was what their battleships would be like?
                    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
                      Yeah I know an O'Neill is a battleship, I was joking when I said it was a fighter, although could you imagine if it was what their battleships would be like?
                      oh right sorry...lol, i wouldn't want to get on the wrong side of thor

Comment

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post

I have a question about the Dragonis fighter. Although I like the idea of fighters carrying nukes, are these nukes maybe just a little too potent? One of these fighters could wipe out most life on Earth! Even with the enhancements you mentioned, wouldn't those nukes still need to be pretty large to have that much destructive capacity? Don't get me wrong I like the ship, I just think maybe the nukes are a bit overboard.
                        the oniel is a warship! it not a fighter, its about 3000x the size of a fighter! *shocked*

also the fighter carrying missiles isnt exactly farfetched..i though that our fighters already carried them, im sure that it could have nukes. Espeicially those ones because they dont use alot of explosive material but instead use potentcy of combining naqadah(or varient) with potassium which we know even in microscopic quanities can cause massive explosions.
                        sigpic
                        You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                        Stargate : Genesis |
                        Original Starship DesignThread
                        Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                        11000! green me

Comment

Name: The Artemis

Type: Long range, hyperspace capable, tactical cruiser. Originally a long range exploration craft.

Technology base: Ancient/Asgard based technology.

Operators: Mainly operated by humans, a few key systems are run by Asgard personnel.

Naval Classification: Battle cruiser, originally an exploration ship.

Hull: Four meter thick ablative naquadah/trinium/carbon alloy with a two meter thick secondary lower hull made of a trinium/zinc alloy.

Decks:The Artemis has fifteen decks the bottom two are larger than the other decks due to engineering bays..

Layout:Deck one is the main bridge of the ship it houses the main control room and conference room. Deck one is 4.5 meters high, 35 meters long and 20 meters wide. Decks two to four contain the crew quarters and recreational facilities. Decks five to six contain the scientific labs and research rooms, along with some of the weapons batteries. Deck seven contains the status pods and storage compartments. Deck eight contains the main storage compartments and main weapon batteries. Deck nine, ten and eleven contain the vehicles, and craft along with the two side docking bays. Decks twelve and thirteen contain backup systems, escape lifepods, and weapons storage. Decks fourteen and fifteen contain the engineering bays and power systems, deck fifteen also houses the landing platforms.
                          The hyperdrive and sublight engines are positioned at the rear to decks seven, eight and nine. The anti-gravity engines are positioned at the bottom of deck fifteen along with the retractable landing platforms.
                          Decks eight to twelve have teleportation ring access for vehicle transportation and storage transfer.

Dimensions: The decks are 3.5 meters high with each deck having a ventilation shaft that’s runs the length of the deck which are one meter high by one meter deep.
                          The bottom two decks are 5 meters high with ventilation shafts that are 1 meter high and two meters wide. The overall dimensions of the Artemis are 70.5 meters high with a length of 500 meters with a width of 165 meters.

Displacement: Nine hundred thousand metric tons.

Crew: The ship has a crew of 150 men and women, with space for 500 troops.

Craft: The Artemis carries a compliment of twelve F-302s and two mid-range scouts. Originally the Artemis carried five Puddle Jumpers for use of exploration.

Vehicles: The Artemis carries five APCs and two multiple rocket launchers.

Power plant: One ZPM with two Mark VI Naquada Generators as backups incorporated by Asgard technology.

Engines: The Artemis uses an Asgard hybrid hyperdrive capable of interstellar and intergalactic travel, after the original Ancient hyperdrive was damaged. The Artemis also has its original sublight propulsion and Anti-Gravity engines.

Armament/Weapons: The Artemis contains an assortment of Ancient and Asgard weapons. Containing a small amount of Ancient Drone weapons, and fitted with sixteen rotational Asgard Pulsed dual-energy weapons (four on the top, four on the bottom and finally four on either side of the ship).

Defences: The Artemis is equipped with an Ancient Shield which had been slightly modified by the Asgard, along with its ablative alloy hull which dissipates most of the energy produced by energy weapons providing the hull with added protection, along with the secondary hull which also acts as a sort of crumple zone for added protection against energy attacks.

Other Technology: The Artemis is equipped with some of its original Ancient technology which includes a single ring transporter, status pods, after the discovery by the Asgard the Artemis was equipped with some extra equipment which included Asgard beaming technology, Asgard enhanced sensors and an Asguard AI system.

The Artemis was originally designed by the Ancients as an exploration ship, it had enhanced sensors with minimal offensive and defensive capability, and was sent to look for possible areas to set up new outposts for further exploration. The Artemis was one of the first ships to discover the race known as the Asgard, the Artemis was to be known as the first contact of races and its captain Yamar became the head of the Asgard/Ancient delegation committee and then diplomat for the “Alliance of four great races”.
                          The Artemis was used both in the Milky Way and Peragus galaxies, and helped set up part of the Stargate Network. However the Artemis then became primarily a battle cruiser against the Wraith onslaught. The Artemis’ shields were increased to allow it to be comparable to the other ships in the Ancient fleet. The original ship was partial destroyed when it was attacked by three Wraith Hive Ships while returning to an Ancient outpost. It was rebuilt and sent back into the fleet when the Ancient began to lose ground, the Artemis’ final mission was to transport a group of Ancients back to earth, however it did not make it after a surprise attack by a Wraith squadron, the Artemis narrowly escaped. On its return to earth it finally suffered a major system failure that caused the ship to be stranded in space, luckily the crew managed to escape using lifeboats and another Ancient ship that happened to receive their emergency beacon.

It was later discovered by the Asgard while exploring the breach between the Peragus and Milky way galaxy. Finding it damaged the Asgard went about fixing the Artemis and began incorporating their technology into the ship as well. The Asgard increased the capability of the sensors and equipped the ship with beaming technology and fixed the hyperdrive engines (when I say fixed I mean they just replaced it with their equivalent), they even included their own weapons technology, originally believing the ship to be empty of drones, the Asgard found a secondary store containing a limited amount. Finally the Asgard added a secondary hull to the ship to reduce the risk of further system failures. It was given to the humans as a gift as long as they could use the ship if required.

When the original strike against the Ori was proposed it was hoped that the Artemis would be ready in time, however it still had a few glitches with the shield so was postponed. It is now being prepared to help in the assault against the Ori.
                          Last edited by fallen_arbiter; 23 October 2006, 01:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by fallen_arbiter View Post
                            Name: The Artemis

Type: Long range, hyperspace capable, tactical cruiser. Originally a long range exploration craft.

Technology base: Ancient/Asgard based technology.

Operators: Mainly operated by humans, a few key systems are run by Asgard personnel.

Naval Classification: Battle cruiser, originally an exploration ship.

Hull: Four meter thick ablative naquadah/trinium/carbon alloy with a two meter thick secondary lower hull made of a trinium/zinc alloy.

Decks: The Artemis has fifteen decks the bottom two are larger than the other decks due to use as storage, research labs and engineering bays

Dimensions: The decks are 3.5 meters high with each deck having a ventilation shaft that’s runs the length of the deck which are one meter high by one meter deep.
                            The bottom two decks are 5 meters high with ventilation shafts that are 1 meter high and two meters wide. The overall dimensions of the Artemis are 70.5 meters high with a length of 500 meters with a width of 165 meters.

Displacement: Nine hundred thousand metric tons.

Crew: The ship has a crew of 150 men and women, with space for 500 troops.

Craft: The Artemis carries a compliment of ten F-302s and two mid-range scouts. Originally the Artemis carried five Puddle Jumpers for use of exploration.

Vehicles: The Artemis carries five APCs and two multiple rocket launchers.

Power plant: One ZPM with two Mark VI Naquada Generators as backups incorporated by Asgard technology.

Engines: The Artemis uses an Asgard hybrid hyperdrive capable of interstellar and intergalactic travel, after the original Ancient hyperdrive was damaged. The Artemis also has its original sublight propulsion and Anti-Gravity engines.

Armament/Weapons: The Artemis contains an assortment of Ancient and Asgard weapons. Containing a small amount of Ancient Drone weapons, and fitted with sixteen rotational Asgard Pulsed dual-energy weapons (four on the top, four on the bottom and finally four on either side of the ship).

Defences:
                            The Artemis is equipped with an Ancient Shield which had been slightly modified by the Asgard, along with its ablative alloy hull which dissipates most of the energy produced by energy weapons providing the hull with added protection, along with the secondary hull which also acts as a sort of crumple zone for added protection against energy attacks.

Other Technology: The Artemis is equipped with some of its original Ancient technology which includes a single ring transporter, status pods, after the discovery by the Asgard the Artemis was equipped with some extra equipment which included Asgard beaming technology, Asgard enhanced sensors and an Asguard AI system.

The Artemis was originally designed by the Ancients as an exploration ship, it had enhanced sensors with minimal offensive and defensive capability, and was sent to look for possible areas to set up new outposts for further exploration. The Artemis was one of the first ships to discover the race known as the Asgard, the Artemis was to be known as the first contact of races and its captain Yamar became the head of the Asgard/Ancient delegation committee and then diplomat for the “Alliance of four great races”.
                            The Artemis was used both in the Milky Way and Peragus galaxies, and helped set up part of the Stargate Network. However the Artemis then became primarily a battle cruiser against the Wraith onslaught. The Artemis’ shields were increased to allow it to be comparable to the other ships in the Ancient fleet. The original ship was partial destroyed when it was attacked by three Wraith Hive Ships while returning to an Ancient outpost. It was rebuilt and sent back into the fleet when the Ancient began to lose ground, the Artemis’ final mission was to transport a group of Ancients back to earth, however it did not make it after a surprise attack by a Wraith squadron, the Artemis narrowly escaped. On its return to earth it finally suffered a major system failure that caused the ship to be stranded in space, luckily the crew managed to escape using lifeboats and another Ancient ship that happened to receive their emergency beacon.

It was later discovered by the Asgard while exploring the breach between the Peragus and Milky way galaxy. Finding it damaged the Asgard went about fixing the Artemis and began incorporating their technology into the ship as well. The Asgard increased the capability of the sensors and equipped the ship with beaming technology and fixed the hyperdrive engines (when I say fixed I mean they just replaced it with their equivalent), they even included their own weapons technology, originally believing the ship to be empty of drones, the Asgard found a secondary store containing a limited amount. Finally the Asgard added a secondary hull to the ship to reduce the risk of further system failures. It was given to the humans as a gift as long as they could use the ship if required.

When the original strike against the Ori was proposed it was hoped that the Artemis would be ready in time, however it still had a few glitches with the shield so was postponed. It is now being prepared to help in the assault against the Ori.
                            nice ship mate, but we saw it the first time you posted it

do you have a model?

Comment

Is anyone still having trouble downloading my sketchup models?

Comment

nice ship mate, but we saw it the first time you posted it

do you have a model?

Nope no model, yeah soz for reposting, just i re-edited it and couldn't do the edit on the previous ship so had to repost it. When i get back to my house i will model it and post it up.

Comment

Working...
                                X