This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aroura-Gate
    Ive posted like 8 new ships and knows even acknowlaged them ill put a post up later with all the new ships so you can take a look
    sorry the ship at the top of the page looks good for starters, but a bit bland does it have specs?
    Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Well basicly its main wepons are to ventral Super Coil Guns or MACs the ship is small and fast and agile enough to be a gun ship but is to big to be classifed as such. the ship is ment to be used in hit run and swarm tactics to over whelm, confuse, and ocupie the enmey while our big hitters line up there guns.

I dont have the exact specs yet but heres the gist

about 1/3 the size of the natlus destroyer class

Comment

how bigs the Natlus??? (Nat is my name btw short for Nathaniel) just thought i'd mention that
        Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

The Nat is just over half the size of the deady im not sure how big the deady is

Comment

Originally posted by ZakeD
            Yeah, there's actually a weird little story behind it. When I first did it in paint, it was just a Lafayette class frigate with engines slapped on it and slight modifications because I was making a French ship. But I didn't think it looked very stargatey so I added more stargate like elements. And I modified it so many times that it ended up looking nothing like the Lafayette, so I just made it some American ship.

Aaanyway..does the cruiser designation fit?
            Yup. Looks like.

Oh, and BTW: The Daedalus is about 450 meters long. The Prometheus was ~200 meters long.

Comment

Originally posted by Aroura-Gate
              Well basicly its main wepons are to ventral Super Coil Guns or MACs the ship is small and fast and agile enough to be a gun ship but is to big to be classifed as such. the ship is ment to be used in hit run and swarm tactics to over whelm, confuse, and ocupie the enmey while our big hitters line up there guns.

I dont have the exact specs yet but heres the gist

about 1/3 the size of the natlus destroyer class
              try and keep away from halo weapon names. give it an origonal name. and maybe design the entire weapon. it looks cheezy when you try and pass off halo weapons with sg

as an advid halo fan i thought id mention it.
              All Fear the Triff

Comment

Uhm..okay, so I kinda wanna make my own fleet now, but I don't really know all the ships I would need. So far all I have is a carrier, a destroyer, a cruiser, and a fighter. Could someone make a good list of the kinda of things I would need to make to create an entire fleet?

Comment

someone needs to include my carrier in a fleet
                  All Fear the Triff

Comment

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...mparison-1.png

I made a ship comparison thinger. The Daedalus is scaled at 450 meters.

Comment

Originally posted by ZakeD
                      http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...mparison-1.png

I made a ship comparison thinger. The Daedalus is scaled at 450 meters.
                      Well dude, we already have a fleet essentially. There isn't too much demand for dedicated support ships because we can just fly to a planet with a Stargate, dial up Earth and order spare parts. Refits are handled in docks that are rarely more than a few weeks away, so there isn't much need for mobile dock ships. Tel'tacs can serve as light cargo haulers and scouts between our capital ships. On the other hand, a larger cargo hauler that carries everything from missiles to toothpaste might be in order. Otherwise though, for the moment our fleet is pretty set. One carrier/assault ship, one mothership, two cruisers and a destroyer. The US Navy has more classes of ships, but only a relative low number of basic types: Carrier, assault ship, cruiser, destroyer, frigate, patrol boat, mine sweeper, submarine, auxilary.

Comment

Yeah..I think I'm just gonna make a frigate, some bomber/gunship, and a larger cargo vessel. Might make some dropship kinda thing as well..

Comment

well its 10 34 here. im making a cargo/dropship.. should have it done by the time zake gets home.
                          All Fear the Triff

Comment

Okay, the Honos is done, now to start the F/A-306.

Comment

well here it is. i dont have a name.. and i dont have specs for it. but here it is.
                              Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
                              Spoiler:

Spoiler:
                              All Fear the Triff

Comment

My GoogleSKetch Warehouse

I've uploaded my work. Feel free to browse them.

Comment

Working...
                                X