This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Daryl Froggy
    Well that's helpful. how am I supposed to compare it to my ships now?
    She's supposed to be the length of a DDG-1000 Zumwalt class destroyer, 183 meters or ~600 feet. The Prometheus, by comparision, was about 200 meters long.

Other dimensions are as follows:

Height: 20.2 meters
    Main hull width: 28.5 meters
    Height of wing sections: 4.6 meters
    Width (including wings): 114 meters

She's supposed to have a very small forward or rear cross-section, as the hull she's based on is a stealth destroyer. These are what I came up with before ZakeD made the model, so I'm not entirely sure if he followed them to the letter.

Comment

you cant! ive treid changing the scale...just remember 3' = 1m basicly. Also you can resize by hitting "CTRL enter" then the length you want it will automatically do the width or vica versa.
      sigpic
      You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
      Stargate : Genesis |
      Original Starship DesignThread
      Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
      11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Joshua Talon
        She's supposed to be the length of a DDG-1000 Zumwalt class destroyer, 183 meters or ~600 feet. The Prometheus, by comparision, was about 200 meters long.

Other dimensions are as follows:

Height: 20.2 meters
        Main hull width: 28.5 meters
        Height of wing sections: 4.6 meters
        Width (including wings): 114 meters

She's supposed to have a very small forward or rear cross-section, as the hull she's based on is a stealth destroyer. These are what I came up with before ZakeD made the model, so I'm not entirely sure if he followed them to the letter.
        Yeah I checked that. The ship is about 675 feet plus some inches.

Comment

Okay. Thanks to immhotep, I am finally able to specify the exact dimensions of the model:

Length (hull, not including antenna): 206.008 meters
          Draft (Height of the ship, top to keel, not including guns or antenna): 51.97 meters
          Beam (width of the central hull): 47.97 meters
          Total beam (including wings): 164.57 meters

Of course, this makes every missile "hatch" over 2 meters long and 6 meters across, so I'm going to edit the ship to have eight missile cells per launcher. Most of her missiles will be anti-fighter or anti-small ship missiles (basically the missiles the F-302s carry), along with bigger anti-ship and anti-ground missiles. The missile launcher assemblies will be modular, allowing for them to be pulled out and replaced as the ship's mission dictated. I will include a number of different missile hatches in the final model as well. This will also eliminate the need for more rail guns, as she'll be able to engage enemy fighters with missiles.

Comment

You can change it. Window > preferences > template > meters.

And the basic hull I made of the Abydos was to scale at 189 meters long, so unless you changed it after getting it that's what it should be.

Comment

I have nothing to model now.

Comment

Uhm.... try modeling San diego to scale.
                All Fear the Triff

Comment

I'm modelling the Atlantis.

Comment

Spoiler:

SAY SOMETHING ABOUT IT! DONT IGNORE US N00bs.. well.. dont ignore me..
                    All Fear the Triff

Comment

Originally posted by TripH
                      Spoiler:

SAY SOMETHING ABOUT IT! DONT IGNORE US N00bs.. well.. dont ignore me..
                      It's teh pimo.

Comment

TripH we dont ignore noobs, we really dont, the ship looks really cool, i cant wait to see the spec/ completeed model.

For those who are in the fleet or have ships in the GWfleet could you please try and model the ship, we have very few ships modeled from there and it would be really awesome if we could get them all done. It wouldnt be the super models we all wanted but it could defintly be incredible.

Carrier
                        SCVN-365 By AJT

Battle carriers
                        BC 304 - Deadalus by Area51?
                        CVA-306 Columbia class assault carrier by AJT

Battleship
                        PBS-501 Leviathon by Immhotep

Battle cruiser
                        BC-305 Serpant by JRPR

Cruiser
                        Henry H. Arnold class Cruiser by cooky

Destroyer
                        DDX-306 Unity-class Advanced Destroyer by Milleniumlance

Gunship
                        DSG-312 Tegalus-class Gunship by Daryl Froggy

Fighters

F-302A Raven by Milleniumlance

F/B-307 by Cooky
                        PS Zake, good luck with atlantis, i tried and gave up; then i started on valhalla. MAybe we in a battle, Anceints vs Asgard
                        Last edited by immhotep; 25 September 2006, 01:24 AM.
                        sigpic
                        You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                        11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep
                          TripH we dont ignore noobs, we really dont, the ship looks really cool, i cant wait to see the spec/ completeed model.

For those who are in the fleet or have ships in the GWfleet could you please try and model the ship, we have very few ships modeled from there and it would be really awesome if we could get them all done. It wouldnt be the super models we all wanted but it could defintly be incredible.

PS Zake, good luck with atlantis, i tried and gave up; then i started on valhalla. MAybe we in a battle, Anceints vs Asgard
                          Well, I modelled the Columbia assault carrier already, and if you post the specs and a picture of a few of those ships I could help with the modelling.

Oh, and the Atlantis is one of my ship classes. I'll have it finished later today.

Comment

thanks, i dont really know where ill go with it from here.. im kinda lost. i need good gun(s) to put on it and a fighter to put in it. but other than that it needs a texture and its done.
                            All Fear the Triff

Comment

zake, ill edit this with specs when i find them but could you please try the smaller classes (tegalus, unity, henry arnolds)?

Unity:
                              http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....&postcount=134

Tegalus:
                              http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....&postcount=433

In all honesty im hope there is a better spec fr the tegalus becasue its quite lacking tbh.
                              Last edited by immhotep; 25 September 2006, 08:45 AM.
                              sigpic
                              11000! green me

Comment

is there anything i could help with? immhotep
                                Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Working...
                                X