Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will work on one, I made the armaments and tactics before lastnights finale I need to seriously make changes ...I thought they would atleast destroy one..

Comment

I am lovin' this thread! I say artwork is the best way to show off your design for a ship, visual stuff helps greatly, for me at least.

I've never been much for massive spec sheets and intricate details, but I do have eye candy! I'm more for alien and non-earth ships, so no newer earth vessels here. I bet I could conjure up one if I tried hard enough.

Currently Unnamed Cludo class Yylter vessel.

This ship can travel in and out of atomospheres, and in and out of water. On top of that it is capable of opening a hyspace window as well. Built primarily as a transport, this vessel can move people from place to place quickly, and accomodate several travelers for a long amount of time as well. It has no weapons but is highly maneuverable and can blink away from trouble very quickly if need be.
      The first pic was actually an experiment in mettallic reflections, or an experiment in chrome, whatever you want to call it. The ship does have a very sleek, smooth, and shiny hull. (that pic isn't finished yet, still got some detailing to do)

Ship number 2
      The CCS Predya II

Again, an unfished picture, but I love it so much so far, and it's such a facinating ship.
      The Predya II is a massively larger remake to the first design for the vessel which is known simply as the Preyda. This ship is for salvage and repair, and a voyager class vessel as well since it can accomodate a massive amount of people. When cruising normally the rings that line the major section of the hull are retracted, that also includes the major rings on the front. But when it comes across a ship worth salvaging, or one of it's own vessels needs some repair, the extend outwards and hold the ship inside. Then an energy field is created around the rings and a pressure dock is established to more efficiently work on the ship inside.
      The front part of the ship is what accomodates the people, the middle section is entirely open for storage of salvaged or non-salvaged parts. This ship is insanely large, it was very close to being classified as a mobile community or station when being built, but due to the nature of it's work which would be extensive voyages and the containment of salvaged ships, it remained as a Salvage and Repair vessel.
      Something I failed to mention and/or point out is the mechanical "arms" upon the front section of the Preyda II, these can unfold to nearly twice their length and have a magnetic claw which grabs ships and reels them in to the pressure dock.

And I think that is it for those two, I have another design working in my head and currently being sketched out in photoshop, keep and eye out!

And too all you other people with awesome imaginations, keep up the good work! I will most definitely keep an eye on this thread.

Comment

ok here is my new vessel it is in reaction to the finales bloodbath..
        it still has some point defense weapons because of the Lucian Alliance threat[Alkesh and Gliders] and there are no fighter bays...

DDX-307 /Excaliber-class Advanced Destroyer

Type: Large Long-Range Hyperspace capable Destroyer
        Technology base: Earth/Asgard
        Nations: United States Navy, United States Air Force, Royal Navy/Air Force, Russian Space Service, Canadian Air Force
        Naval Classification: Advanced Destroyer
        Hull: Titanium/Steel, Carbon composites, Trinium/Naquidah/Carbon Armor
        Decks: 12
        Dimensions:
        ~Length: 225m
        ~Width: 70m
        ~Height: 75m
        Displacement: 1,150,000 tons
        Crew: 45
        ~SG Teams: 2
        ~Troops: 50-cramped 3 level high bunk beds
        ~Vehicles: 10 Humvees, 15 UGV mobile defense platforms
        Powerplant: Two Mk. III Naquadah Reactors/ Four Mk. II Naquadah Generators-powering weapons and shields
        Engines:
        ~Two Heavy ion-based sublight drives
        ~Two hyperspace window generators
        ~Antigravity Wave Generator
        Weapons:
        ~Ten Mk. II 15mm Point Defense Railguns/ 6000 rounds each
        ~One 40 round retractable turreted LRM Pod/ Reloadable Naquidah enhanced missiles
        ~Eight 180mm Heavy railguns/ Experimental Potassium/Naquidah Explosive rounds.
        ~TwoVLS/ Firing 20 Mk. IX Gatebuster Nuclear Missiles-/can be transported outside enemy shields.
        ~Three Turreted Asgard Designed Directed Energy Weapons-/monitored by Asgard Engineers.
        Defenses:
        ~Asgard shields/ remodulated for directed energy beam weapons-Excaliber can take five direct hits before failure.
        ~Reactive Armor
        ~Trinium/Naquidah Armor-deployed in critical areas of the hull.
        Other Technology:
        ~Asgard transporters
        ~Asgard sensors
        ~Gou'ald Rings/ New security protocol to prevent unauthorized transports

The Excaliber Class Advanced Battleship is designed to be able to combat Ori ships in fleet engagements. The Excaliber class will operated jointly by all members of the Stargate Treaty. Seven vessel is expected to be ready by the end of 2007 and Ten by the end of 2008. At a pricetag of roughly 5 billion dollars the Excaliber class is far less expensive than the venerable Daedalus Class, but its role is not that of a Carrier instead it is a mobile weapons platform. It has nickname by many SGC personal as a "pocket Battleship"

After the failure to stop the Ori's second beachhead and the destruction of several Free Jaffa and Tauri capital ships by the Ori's Directed Energy Beams it was agreed apon by the Alliance(Tauri,Jaffa,Tokra and Asgard) that Alliance ships would receive Asgard level offensive/defensive weapons to combat the new threat. The new turreted Energy weapon are less powerful than that of the O'Neill class because of power limits and recharge time but are somewhat effective against Ori shield in sufficient concentration. The Shields will have their own dedicated power core to be able to dissipate Ori Beams. The tactic for fighting is hit and run move in against firing arcs and firing salvos.
        Last edited by Milleniumlance; 11 March 2006, 06:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by caskin
          I am lovin' this thread! I say artwork is the best way to show off your design for a ship, visual stuff helps greatly, for me at least.

I've never been much for massive spec sheets and intricate details, but I do have eye candy! I'm more for alien and non-earth ships, so no newer earth vessels here. I bet I could conjure up one if I tried hard enough.

Currently Unnamed Cludo class Yylter vessel.

This ship can travel in and out of atomospheres, and in and out of water. On top of that it is capable of opening a hyspace window as well. Built primarily as a transport, this vessel can move people from place to place quickly, and accomodate several travelers for a long amount of time as well. It has no weapons but is highly maneuverable and can blink away from trouble very quickly if need be.
          The first pic was actually an experiment in mettallic reflections, or an experiment in chrome, whatever you want to call it. The ship does have a very sleek, smooth, and shiny hull. (that pic isn't finished yet, still got some detailing to do)

Ship number 2
          The CCS Predya II

Again, an unfished picture, but I love it so much so far, and it's such a facinating ship.
          The Predya II is a massively larger remake to the first design for the vessel which is known simply as the Preyda. This ship is for salvage and repair, and a voyager class vessel as well since it can accomodate a massive amount of people. When cruising normally the rings that line the major section of the hull are retracted, that also includes the major rings on the front. But when it comes across a ship worth salvaging, or one of it's own vessels needs some repair, the extend outwards and hold the ship inside. Then an energy field is created around the rings and a pressure dock is established to more efficiently work on the ship inside.
          The front part of the ship is what accomodates the people, the middle section is entirely open for storage of salvaged or non-salvaged parts. This ship is insanely large, it was very close to being classified as a mobile community or station when being built, but due to the nature of it's work which would be extensive voyages and the containment of salvaged ships, it remained as a Salvage and Repair vessel.
          Something I failed to mention and/or point out is the mechanical "arms" upon the front section of the Preyda II, these can unfold to nearly twice their length and have a magnetic claw which grabs ships and reels them in to the pressure dock.

And I think that is it for those two, I have another design working in my head and currently being sketched out in photoshop, keep and eye out!

And too all you other people with awesome imaginations, keep up the good work! I will most definitely keep an eye on this thread.

Nice! You certianly have artistic talent caskin! Very cool!

Lance, that is a very good, practical design of combat ship. Very nice, and something we could put together in a hurry. Me, I think it would be better to get the Asgard to give us scaled-down versions of their energy weapons, and mount them on our BC-304s. An entirely new starship class is much harder to build than an already established one, and we want to get as many weapons platforms out there as we can.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Joshua Talon
            Nice design!

However, now that the Ori have shown just how our ships measure up against theirs (not very well), I think we need to focus more on putting up as many big, powerful ships as possible. Destroyer-class vessels will have to be cut down 304s-Smaller hulls, no fighter bays, same armament. Or, uprated versions of the Prometheus.

Anyone want to take a stab at it?
            I kind of liked your original design for the SDD-305 I was wondering if I could use that as a base for a newer slightly more unreasonable destroyer design.

Comment

Knock yourself out.

Comment

Ok silly question. What are "Anti-Gravity Wave Generators?"

Comment

in simple terms inertial dampners...

Comment

I have a new ship design to run by everybody. I cant draw in 3d to save my life, but i can sketch! This goes with my story, which i am still writing, and it's taken from this.
                    here goes:

The SGC (and other earth nations) finally realised that they need something to counter the Goauld Alkesh, and somebody came up with an idea: Lets design and build a bomber! The BX302 was born. It used the 302 chassis (heavily modified it of course) and made it much larger.
                    Tritanium/ Trinium structure, with reverse engineered Kull warrior armour as hull plating, as secondary protection.
                    has new, mini rail guns, for anti-fighter cover (limited though)
                    super engine boosters to enable the ship to make fast attack runs against it's targets.
                    Asgard Inertialess drive (from my story. when you read it, it will click)
                    Also, most importantly, a special, mini, Neutrino Ion Generator (in my story, asgard help, but still no weapons)
                    mini shield generator (Asgard Enchanced, but from now on will label it AE)
                    and hyperspace capability (AE)
                    Subspace communication abilities (AE)
                    Naquadria is used in a new design for it's hyperdrive (AE, and also stabilised)
                    Can carry multiple ordnance types (Read: naquadah and naquadria enhanced missiles)
                    also the new, experimental, "shield buster" type super heavy missile (i call it the harbinger)
                    I did have it as carrying Felgers finished energy weapon (but they would be experimental) but am not so sure.
                    It's called the Seraphim. when you see the sketch, you will know why.
                    Seraphim: divine creatures from the old testament, six wings and four heads. it seemed to be the right name.
                    tried to get the picture into this, but no effect. can anybody help me please?

satnam
                    strength must be balanced with sweetness of temperament

Comment

Mjoliner Class Hybrid Asgard-Taur'i Battleship

Controls: Four Taur'i at the controls

Support Craft: 40 Puddle Jumpers

Crew:

- 80 PJ pilots
                      - 4 Bridge Personnel
                      - 1 Main weapons personnel
                      - 2 Secondary weapons personnel

Technology

- The hull is composed of Trinium, Carbon, Naquadah, and Neutronium.

- Because of its size, the primary systems of this ship are current asgard designs instead of asgard designed.

- Asgard shields
                      - Asgard Comms.
                      - Asgard Hyperdrive
                      - Asgard Weapons

- The main weapon is a turret able to fire many kinds of energy pulses, the type of pulse is selected and then is fired out the front turret.

- Standard Asgard Pulse weapon
                      - Replicator disruptor
                      - Antimatter pulse

The control console is displayed in english and allows for the manipulation of systems with the asgard control jewls.

Puddle Jumper Bay- There is a pair of double doors on the outer surface of the ship which lead to the individual jumper bays. This pair of double doors can open and close in two seconds. Each individual jumper bay has a door and a shield. When the ship is in hyperspace, the door is closed and so the power used for the bay shields is used somewhere else. When in normal space the individual PJ bays have shields active and their doors open, however the main door is not open. Inside towards the back of the individual PJ bays there are doors which gain acess to the ship. There are two PJ's per individual PJ bay.

Puddle Jumpers

- Upgraded power unit
                      - 2 Built in Naquadah generators
                      - Hyperspace window generator (the same one as on the F-302's)
                      - Four feet longer than normal to accomodate more drone capacity and hyperspace window generator

PICS
                      VIEW FROM TOP

VIEW FROM SIDE

VIEW FROM BOTTOM

PUDDLE JUMPER BAY

The line going down the middle of the pic is the primary bay doors, each rectangle on the side is one individual PJ bay capable of holding 2 PJ's behind a shield when in real space and behind a physical door when in hyperspace.

Best Stargate quote:
                      Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                      Green is your friend.

Comment

Please, don't you understand english? Stop with the damn FANKWANK!

That goes out to deadman and freyr's mother.

Comment

Well, until I finish the more detailed specs, here's another destroyer-class vessel for the Tau'ri's usage:

The Longinuss-class destroyer. Named after the legendary spear that pierced the side of Christ at his crucifixion, and is said to give it's wielder invincibility. I thought that we could use some Judeo-Christian mythology along with the Greek, Egyptian, and Eastern. ^__^

Stand out features:

~Reactive armor, same as on the F-302s and Abydos. In the Longinuss's case, however, the armor is backed up in vital areas with inert naquada (same material that was used to create the Stargates) and trinium. Overall, this allows the Longinuss to take much greater damage and still remain operational than a Ha'tak-class mothership. This same inert naquada armor is being developed for deployment in all Earth starships.

~Trade with the Tok'ra has given the Longinuss access to force-shield technology for corridors in several key sections, for use against intruders or decompression.

~Along with high-calibre rail guns, the Longinuss uses two particle beam cannons, developed with help from the Asgard and the remnants of the Tollan. While not as powerful as Ori beam cannons, these weapons nevertheless give the small destroyer a significant punch for her size. Combined with her missiles, rail guns, and defenses, and the Longinuss in task forces of sufficient numbers is virtually invincible.

~

Comment

That's a nice little ship there. I'm going to assume that's a vertical launch system there?

I don't have time to draw stuff, but I'll share a concept that's been bouncing around my head for a while...

Icarus-class Military Research Vessel
                            A small vessel about 2/3rds the size of the Prometheus, with no weaponry asides from point-defense railguns and a docking station mounted on the dorsal side of the ship, towards the rear - as the primary mission of the Icarus is the development of new offensive and defensive technologies, it has been designed to allow for mission-specific primary weapons modules to be attached.

In the event that our scientists make a breakthrough (be it in high-energy directed weaponry, or simply larger rail/coil guns), it would be necessary to battle-test the resulting weapons. In contrast to the difficulty of refitting an existing ship, new weapon systems, no matter how large, can be swapped in and out of the Icarus with comparative ease.

It would have a modular cargo bay - at the expense of cargo space, the Icarus can be fielded with a fully-equipped science laboratory for the on-site recording and analysis of new technology - whether when testing our own, or when in the face of the enemy.

It would have the same engines fitted to the Daedalus - with a lower overall mass, the Icarus should be able to accelerate faster and attain greater speeds than the Daedalus when undocked from its primary weapons module, and not be significantly slower when with the aforementioned module. In the event that the Icarus is not testing its new armaments of its own, it could still see use as a fast scout/science vessel.

And of course, it would sport the same Asgard shield and transporter technology found aboard the rest of the fleet.

Comment

Originally posted by aiHD
                              That's a nice little ship there. I'm going to assume that's a vertical launch system there?

I don't have time to draw stuff, but I'll share a concept that's been bouncing around my head for a while...

Icarus-class Military Research Vessel
                              A small vessel about 2/3rds the size of the Prometheus, with no weaponry asides from point-defense railguns and a docking station mounted on the dorsal side of the ship, towards the rear - as the primary mission of the Icarus is the development of new offensive and defensive technologies, it has been designed to allow for mission-specific primary weapons modules to be attached.

In the event that our scientists make a breakthrough (be it in high-energy directed weaponry, or simply larger rail/coil guns), it would be necessary to battle-test the resulting weapons. In contrast to the difficulty of refitting an existing ship, new weapon systems, no matter how large, can be swapped in and out of the Icarus with comparative ease.

It would have a modular cargo bay - at the expense of cargo space, the Icarus can be fielded with a fully-equipped science laboratory for the on-site recording and analysis of new technology - whether when testing our own, or when in the face of the enemy.

It would have the same engines fitted to the Daedalus - with a lower overall mass, the Icarus should be able to accelerate faster and attain greater speeds than the Daedalus when undocked from its primary weapons module, and not be significantly slower when with the aforementioned module. In the event that the Icarus is not testing its new armaments of its own, it could still see use as a fast scout/science vessel.

And of course, it would sport the same Asgard shield and transporter technology found aboard the rest of the fleet.
                              Excellent idea! And something we definitely could use.

Yes, the Longinuss uses the tried-and-true VMLS. Still not sure about the rest of it's data though...

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
                                Please, don't you understand english? Stop with the damn FANKWANK!

That goes out to deadman and freyr's mother.
                                Hey if ya dont like it then get off the damn forum. It's a New Ship Thread, WTF did ya think would be in it?

Best Stargate quote:
                                Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                                Green is your friend.

Comment

Working...
                                X