Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

eh, don't get why people dont put pictures in this thread.

a simple 2D sketch is enough since with a picture we will actually have an idea of the ship you have in mind.

Comment

Do you mean intruder, which is SGA S2..?
      sigpic
      You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
      Stargate : Genesis |
      Original Starship DesignThread
      Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
      11000! green me

Comment

Yeah thats it i couldnt remember which one it was

Comment

Originally posted by rokentsu
          eh, don't get why people dont put pictures in this thread.

a simple 2D sketch is enough since with a picture we will actually have an idea of the ship you have in mind.
          Look again, a lot of the ships do have pictures with them.

Side note: My next new ship design will be revieled within the next couple days.

Comment

The Vengence Class

After the Battle of Camelot, the big three; Tauri, Asgard, and Jaffa, came together and decided to develop a new ship to combat the Ori. The ship, which came into service nearly a 2 and a half years later, they came up with the Vengence Class.

The ships combined the top technology of the three races: Asgard beaming, shielding and hyperdrive, Jaffa Energy Weapons and cloaking, and Tauri railgun technology. The ship also has several ancient characteristics, such as Deep Space Radar and Sub Space Communications, which are far beyond what the Asgard had to offer.

The ship design is more Tauri using lessons taught by the stealth plane they developed during the Cold War to help confuse enemy radars. When combined with cloaking, the ship is nearly indetecable.

The ship is slightly larger than a Hat'ak, and has a similar hangar, which carries both F-302s and Jaffa Gliders.

The ship was pressed into service when the Ori began to come nearer to Earth. The 12 ships that were ready were sent into service with the combined forces of the Jaffa, Earth and a small fleet of Asgard vessels.

The battle was fierce, and while several Ori ships were actually taken down, The Alliance's forces were suffering most of the damages. The Daedalus was able to jump in from the Pegasus and beam the ZPM to the Ancient Outpost which Activated it and they were able to drive the Ori out with the drones that were brought from the Pegasus during the last several years.

Currently, 6 months since the battle, there are 20 in service. They run guerilla attacks against the Ori, taking serveral ships out, but more are coming through the Supergate.

Soon I will post the ship stuff for you guys.
            http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/9...sigcopy9ie.jpg
            The Alliance is born!!!!

Comment

I made a lego model of my next Ship the Nautilus destroyer class its about 2 times bigger then an Alkesh

Comment

Originally posted by ZakeD
                You can try google sketchup too.. It's the easiest one I've seen. http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...69/1thorgs.png
                I was able to do that in a really small amount of time..

Oh, and it's free.
                Thanks a lot for that Zake, I'm doing really good with that program. I just have a question. How do you make a dome?

Comment

does anyone know how to combine to models in skech up

Comment

Originally posted by Sam fisher
                    Thanks a lot for that Zake, I'm doing really good with that program. I just have a question. How do you make a dome?
                    That's good. But I have no clue how to make a dome.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam fisher
                      Here's my sorry excuse for a dome. I'm not sure why some panels get filled in and some don't. I still have issues with that in creating much of anything when I want certain face plates clear and some not. I know it has something to do with some lines being thick and others thin, as if they don't complete a full shape or something. Not sure if this helps, but basically created a circle flooring and then put arches all around it. Make sure they all meet up at the same pinnacle.

And if you don't want the angular look, then highlight your model/component and use "soften edges" and play around with it until you get the look you want.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Armagaiden; 05 September 2006, 05:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Aroura-Gate
                        does anyone know how to combine to models in skech up
                        Hmm, in what way? Say for instance you create a block square and you want to combine it with a block rectangle. Both are models. You use the arrow pointer and click 3 times on the block square, then go to edit and click "make component". This will allow you to create this component and then edit the gluing plane (what you'll glue it to, horizontal wall, vertical wall, sloped wall). Choose any so you can glue it to any side. Then click window tab and click components and choose from components that you have saved and click and drag to the model you have on screen to glue it to.
                        Attached Files

Comment

I made a lego model of my next Ship the Nautilus destroyer class its about 2 times bigger then an Alkesh

This post is WORTHLESS without PICS!! Seriously Lego models are the shiznit for 3d representation if they're big enough. Let's see it.

Comment

well i got to get my camra working first

And i just finishet m 1st 3d model of the Valor not deatiled in any way

Comment

Ok her it is the Valor

Comment

Ok her it is the Valor

Nice ship.

Comment

Working...
                                X