Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My ship is rather small and could exist by today's standards (if you include experimental technology)

The ship measures 216 feet long, 113 feet wide and 55.5 feet tall.
    Propulsion system would today be an ion-propulsion system, but I'd most likely use something Asgard in the SG universe.
    Weapon systems are rather simple, just two missile launchers.
    The bottom of the cargo bay uses an energy shield (today, it would just be sealed off) that small cargo can pass through. The ship includes Asgard beam technology so that it can return cargo to the bay.

I have modeled the ship from my own designs and have it as a pilotable vehicle in Halo: Combat Evolved. The model took two months to make.
    Oh snap. You're reading a really old post.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFOwned
      My ship is rather small and could exist by today's standards (if you include experimental technology)

Propulsion system would today be an ion-propulsion system, but I'd most likely use something Asgard in the SG universe.
      The bottom of the cargo bay uses an energy shield (today, it would just be sealed off) that small cargo can pass through. The ship includes Asgard beam technology so that it can return cargo to the bay.

I have modeled the ship from my own designs and have it as a pilotable vehicle in Halo: Combat Evolved. The model took two months to make.
      thats awsome! well done
      Director/Editor/Writer

Comment

Ok here’s what I call the Fleet ship the ship is meant to dock with multiple ships allowing for us to create a super ship to this ship i contribute the Valor class ship as the bow. What we need next is a ship for rail guns, missiles, fighter bays, a bridge, and main engines. So I’m putting this contract out to those who want to contribute.
        Last edited by Aroura-Gate; 05 September 2006, 07:32 PM.

Comment

Macro scale replicator blocks... cool.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFOwned

Now THAT is quality work. You get green for this.

Comment

DSWC-100 Deep Space Weapons Cruiser

Designer- Human

Dimensions:
              Length: 400 meters
              Width: 100 meters
              Hieght: 50 meters

Powercore:
              Mark I Ion Reactor

Hull and Shields:
              Trinium Hull
              Tauri Shielding Design

Defensive Weapons:
              none

Offensive Weapons:
              200 Nuke Silos

Engines:
              Four Ion Sublight Engines
              Twin Hyperspace Window Generators

Crew:

Hanger:
              none
              http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/9...sigcopy9ie.jpg
              The Alliance is born!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by deadman
                DSWC-100 Deep Space Weapons Cruiser

Designer- Human

Dimensions:
                Length: 400 meters
                Width: 100 meters
                Hieght: 50 meters

Powercore:
                Mark I Ion Reactor

Hull and Shields:
                Trinium Hull
                Tauri Shielding Design

Defensive Weapons:
                none

Offensive Weapons:
                200 Nuke Silos

Engines:
                Four Ion Sublight Engines
                Twin Hyperspace Window Generators

Crew:

Hanger:
                none

Fanwank.

Comment

Here's a tip when you make a new ship, think: What makes my ship special

I see ships that just seem to be mindless lists of generic specifications "hyperdrive", "railguns", "Asgard beams", "length", "width" etc.

If you're going to design a ship, then make it unique, give it a backstory or draw a picture. Anyone can create a generic list of specifications which doesn't stand out above the multitudes of other lists of specifications

If you're going to design a ship, design one with a little individuality.

Comment

Have I done that WS? Or am I one of the thousands of generic starship designers?

Comment

Repost for backhistory and mainly to remind me what im on about

The Alliance Class Warship
                      Race: Asgard, Tau'ri, Tok'ra, Tollen, Nox, anyone else thats cool.

Length: 2 miles

Appearence: Baliskner, except the front is a crescent shape instead of hexagonal, the back looks cooler, it has four curved spikes halfway up with four secondary reactors

Power: Big mack off fusion rector, four smaller secondary reactors

Main Weapon: Zero Point Cannon contained in front crescent, powered by four secondary reactors

Other weapons: Tollen ion cannon (they are still hard even if they dont phase), Super-uber-souped up tauri nukes, Vents to vent fusion plasma if gliders start swarming around

Crew: Lots, mixed races

Shields: Asgard shields, also Nox cloaking

Hyperdrive: Asgard. Also has ability to create a temporary wormhole to another point in space, like a stargate but bigger.

Sublight engines: Tachyon-ion engines (think asgard but faster)

Hull: Reinforced trinium, replicator type things made of trinium wander round the hull and patch up any holes with themselves.

Misc: name- The Alliance class You are really screwed now.
                      Control panels-ATA

And now for a little back history:
                      The ship was designed on the most compatible ship of all the alliance, which turned out to be the beliskner. Although the basic design was asgard the tauri were trusted with adapting the design to the new technlogy. As the head of homeworld security brig. general Jack O'neill put himself in charge of the project and subsequently became the captain. Built in orbit around the earth because it is too big to build on the planet. It is completely self sufficient with systems to construct and synthesise everything needed from base elements on any planet. This is the prototype which was given to the tauri on completion and all other races took the finished specifications to build their own. At present it is the only one in existence. It was designed to take on any replicator, (ex) goa'uld ship, or most other threats, as well as taking a large chunk out of an ori supership. The repair system (replicator things) were originally unnerving however were constructed with asgard technology when it was decided they had greater benefits that drawbacks. It was built to be an outright offensive assault weapon, therefore was built so large to carry lots of F-302s to attack, rather than be made small and unnoticed. The Nox cloaking technology is not used often due to the size of the vessel, however when used a Nox crewmember makes saure the use is justified in accordance with nox morals. It was decided that the best way to fuel the reactors was directly therefore the shields can withstand several seconds in the convective region of a star while it vents in the fusile plasma into the reactors, however can also fuse many light elements from molecules, as a result several tonnes of landfill is beamed up every day to solve the rubbish problem and fuel the reactors. When it finds somewhere to land the reactors are powered down and the shields, engines, life support and weapons are taken offline. The ship is then fueled by large capacitors which charge when the reactors are re-started.

Thats the best i can do for a backstory.
                      When all technology has failed and all hope is lost, we will realize we had the ultimate advantage all along...

MAY BANJOS RULE THE WORLD!!!
                      The reason my chemistry teacher hates me:
                      Spoiler:
                      MBA (my chemistry teacher): What is Avagadros constant?
                      Me: 6 and a bit times 10 to the 23.
                      MBA: Yea, you know that "bit" is two billion trillion?
                      Me: Im barnsley and hung over, a bit will do
                      AND
                      MBA: What do we do to the number of moles to get the number of atoms?
                      Me: Times it by that really big number!
                      MBA: Yes, that really big number, what is it?
                      Me: How should i know?
                      MBA: Its on the board
                      Me: Then whats the point in asking???

Comment

Originally posted by Daryl Froggy
                        Have I done that WS? Or am I one of the thousands of generic starship designers?
                        You've usually got a picture and a backstory, so yes

Comment

I'm not entirely sure but I think that I can safely call that a fanwank.

Originally posted by Wraith Scientist
                          You've usually got a picture and a backstory, so yes
                          Yay!

Comment

What about me? Am I one of thoes generic people or am i creative

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Joshua Talon
                              Fanwank.
                              I'm begining to wonder if you know the definition of the word. The ship is basically weak, the only important thing that it does is shoot a massive number of nukes. It has no defensive tech, and it is slightly longer then enything current, mostly because of the number of silos. The rest of the ship is nothing. It has just one area where people are, the deck. Everything else is just like the Daedelus.

The ship was meant to accompany 2 BC-304s for attacking Wraith Hiveships. The number of nukes is meant to help counteract the Darts that try to get in the way.

An attack would follow like this. The three ship would jump out of hyperspace, and the 100 would launch a salvo of nukes, all 200. When the Wraith start sending Darts, the two 304s deploy 302s and shooting its rail guns. A few nukes would be able to get through and damage the ships. After the first attack, it jumps away and leave the clean up salvo of nukes to the 304s.

So you see, this ship is far from Fanwank, and very plausible.
                              http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/9...sigcopy9ie.jpg
                              The Alliance is born!!!!

Comment

Just a question. Its not that im lazy and dont want to draw a kick ass blueprint of my ship, but i cant find a good drawing program. Recommendations?
                                When all technology has failed and all hope is lost, we will realize we had the ultimate advantage all along...

MAY BANJOS RULE THE WORLD!!!
                                The reason my chemistry teacher hates me:
                                Spoiler:
                                MBA (my chemistry teacher): What is Avagadros constant?
                                Me: 6 and a bit times 10 to the 23.
                                MBA: Yea, you know that "bit" is two billion trillion?
                                Me: Im barnsley and hung over, a bit will do
                                AND
                                MBA: What do we do to the number of moles to get the number of atoms?
                                Me: Times it by that really big number!
                                MBA: Yes, that really big number, what is it?
                                Me: How should i know?
                                MBA: Its on the board
                                Me: Then whats the point in asking???

Comment

Working...
                                X