This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there another stargate? Scourge spoilers

According to 17th of season9 SG1,the Chinese female ambassador is hint that Chinese want to develop Stargare plan.So,if they don't cooperate with U.S,that's to say,the Chinese government found another Stargate ,they want develop Stargate plan by themselves.
    So,I think maybe Chinese government found another Stargate.

Originally posted by wildwolf
    According to 17th of season9 SG1,the Chinese female ambassador is hint that Chinese want to develop Stargare plan.So,if they don't cooperate with U.S,that's to say,the Chinese government found another Stargate ,they want develop Stargate plan by themselves.
    So,I think maybe Chinese government found another Stargate.
    This and other theories are being discussed here:
    http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=24430
    http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
    http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

On Earth it seems unlikely. The only reason Earth has two is because of Ra,

The original gate (Antarctica) was the one used by the Ancients in Atlantis until they up'd and moved to Pegasus, leaving the gate to be buried in ice.

The Second gate (Egypt) was brought to Earth by Ra to take the Tauri where he pleased

There is no evidence of a 3rd anywhere
      The Advertisements MGM never wants you to see!!

Comment

Im begining to wonder if Earth has multiple gates.... I mean this WAS the Hub of the Ancients in the Milky Way galaxy.

Atlantis was built on Earth, meaning that they had other Cities here that were older than that. So they had to have had other StarGates. I wouldn't be surprised if Shang Ri La was an Ancient city (non-flying unlike Atlantis) in western China.

Comment

Spoiler:
          The Russians have a ship, so maybe they're going to steal a gate from another planet and share it with the Chinese as a joint operation.

Also, what happened to those gates that Baal took? Surely we didn't return them to the Lucian Allaince?
          * Always remember - You are unique, just like everyone else. *

* Avoid employing unlucky people, throw half of the CVs in the bin without reading them. *

Lost City, Part 2 - The Gateworld best ep S1-7

The 'Everyone Gets A Compliment' Thread

Comment

Call me crazy, but I kinda took the veiled threat as saying that if you don't do what we're demanding then we're going to go public and reveal everything about the gate to the whole world. And then they'll take control and MAKE you do what we want.

Comment

Originally posted by Avatar28
              Call me crazy, but I kinda took the veiled threat as saying that if you don't do what we're demanding then we're going to go public and reveal everything about the gate to the whole world. And then they'll take control and MAKE you do what we want.
              I myself and several other people have been theorizing this possibility. Im also thinking that it might tie into the SGC closing in 2010. Like in that episode a few seasons back.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoples_General
                Im begining to wonder if Earth has multiple gates.... I mean this WAS the Hub of the Ancients in the Milky Way galaxy.

Atlantis was built on Earth, meaning that they had other Cities here that were older than that. So they had to have had other StarGates. I wouldn't be surprised if Shang Ri La was an Ancient city (non-flying unlike Atlantis) in western China.
                We don't really know this. The Ancients might have built Atlantis on Earth, but they populated the entire galaxy. Then came the plague and they used the Dakara weapon to re-seed the galaxy. Life started anew... on Earth.

Comment

I don't see that the Chinese having another gate is a great benefit. We already know you can't operate 2 gates at the same time, so if they set up their own programme we're back to the Russia/US situation of Season 7 etc.

Besides didn't this come up before in the show when the G8 leaders were introduced to the Stargate? The Russians explained that it was far better to allow the US to take the security & cost issues and just give the other countries access to the gate...

What I can see happening is that other countries establish their own alpha site, so they can perform normal gate operations and just use the SGC to return to Earth. That's a far more sensible outcome than a power struggle for the gate on Earth.
                  First, please use spoiler tags. If I want to know what happens in the show I'll watch it. Second, if you don't like the show, stop watching it. That way you won't feel the need to complain that a sci-fi entertainment show has "plot holes" or "isn't realistic". There is a difference between commenting on an episode you didn't like and constantly complaining about the series as a whole. After all, why torture yourself by watching something you don't like...

Comment

Ba'al or the Trust may be behind this, as well. The Chinese political system would seem an ideal place for a Goa'uld to hide.

Ba'al's been trotting around the galaxy in his ship; he may have taken a Gate from one of his or Anubis' abandonned holdings and then parked it somewhere in China.
                    Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
                    "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
                    One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
                    resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
                    confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
                    A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
                    The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

it is just a storyline. how will it go on , it depends on the

editor's feeling.

I hope there will be more story about China.

the first time ,the ancient----Oma appeared ,she looked like a Buddhist.

so we can guess that ,the ancients were used to live in China.

Comment

It would be neat, Maybe will find out about the ninth chevron at the same time.
                        Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Originally posted by da_hippie
                          Spoiler:
                          The Russians have a ship, so maybe they're going to steal a gate from another planet and share it with the Chinese as a joint operation.

Spoiler:
                          Where and when did the Russians get a ship?

Comment

Originally posted by Avatar28
                            I kind of took it like that as well. I definitely don't think they have a gate of their own. But, anything is possible in the SG universe.
                            sigpic
                            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                            "...phu...ah..."
                            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII
                              We don't really know this. The Ancients might have built Atlantis on Earth, but they populated the entire galaxy. Then came the plague and they used the Dakara weapon to re-seed the galaxy. Life started anew... on Earth.
                              I seriously doubt that atlantis was built on earth as they would have had no way to get to earth from the orii home galaxy. Keep in mind there was no network of stargates in the mw. It had to be built in the orii home galaxy.

Best Stargate quote:
                              Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                              Green is your friend.

Comment

Working...
                              X