X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sam, no question!
    sigpic

Comment

Logically, since Carter has been involved since the beginning (10 years or there abouts, correct me if I am wrong) then with that, not to mention she is the cleverest in the group, she deserves to lead, if she wants it of course

Comment

People had left SG-1.

Lt Col Mitchell was then choosen to lead SG-1 by Gen O'Neil himself. Mitchell was then order to chooes his team. He is in command of SG-1.

Comment

Originally posted by BigGator5
          People had left SG-1.

Lt Col Mitchell was then choosen to lead SG-1 by Gen O'Neil himself. Mitchell was then order to chooes his team. He is in command of SG-1.
          actually mitchell was told by o'neill that the air force had decided that he could have any posting he wanted. he requested to join sg-1, however by the time he was fit for duty there was no sg-1. when he got teal'c and daniel to come back, it still wasn't sg-1. they only officially became sg-1 again when carter came back, and even then mitchell wasn't expecting to lead the team, nor did he appear to want to. it was never actually said on the show as far as i can recall, who was the official leader of the team.
          he chose the team he wanted to be on, yes, but he never said he wanted to be leader of it. i very much doubt that he wanted (if sg-1 were still operating as he had hoped) to take the command away from the established leader, whom he appears to be friends with, and to whom he is the same rank. he mearly wanted to be part of the team.

besides, the issue at question in this thread is not who is the leader, its who in our opinion should be the leader.

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
            besides, the issue at question in this thread is not who is the leader, its who in our opinion should be the leader.
            O'Neill wouldn't have let Mitchell lead SG-1, if he didn't think Mitchell wasn't right for the job.

Then Mitchell should be in command.

Comment

Nonsingle Sam has meritos to lead the SG1, besides of the experience, the conocimento and the value to do it.

Mitchell is a serious error of the scriptwriters!
              Last edited by samcarter; 19 February 2006, 07:20 AM.

Comment

O'Neill wouldn't have let Mitchell lead SG-1, if he didn't think Mitchell wasn't right for the job.

i respectfully disagree.

(given that the air force decided that he could have any post he wanted, one has to question what they would have done had mitchell had the brains to ask for the job of air force chief of staff )

(oh, and i think o'neill was just the messenger, from the show's perspective it made more sense to have o'neill tell him this, because he was the series regular with the most authority, however he really wouldn't have the authority to grant that kind of thing. the order would have come from either the president, the chief of staff or hammond. o'neill just got to tell him. considering that landry was in command when he arrived, it would have been he that had to approve the paperwork in the end. remember when jack wouldn't let a russian on the team? oh and again the request was not to lead sg-1, but to simply be a part of it. he just got lucky on the timing.)

i do like cam. i just don't think he's earned the right to be a team leader, either before or after he (apparently) got the job.

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
                  i respectfully disagree.

(given that the air force decided that he could have any post he wanted, one has to question what they would have done had mitchell had the brains to ask for the job of air force chief of staff )

(oh, and i think o'neill was just the messenger, from the show's perspective it made more sense to have o'neill tell him this, because he was the series regular with the most authority, however he really wouldn't have the authority to grant that kind of thing. the order would have come from either the president, the chief of staff or hammond. o'neill just got to tell him. considering that landry was in command when he arrived, it would have been he that had to approve the paperwork in the end. remember when jack wouldn't let a russian on the team? oh and again the request was not to lead sg-1, but to simply be a part of it. he just got lucky on the timing.)

i do like cam. i just don't think he's earned the right to be a team leader, either before or after he (apparently) got the job.

Great points.

Comment

Whoever has the rank, the time in grade, the Air Force training schools and the command leadership experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Lightsabre
                      While I agree with you on the comment (which was massively out of character for him to me), I disagree with what you are saying which seems to be Sam should have stayed leader because of her gender.
                      Oops... I guess I wasn't clear – I meant I agreed with all the previously stated points, and then that. Also, I tend to look at things from a writer's point of view, not (and please don't take this wrong) as if the SG universe was real.

Member of W.A.S.P. ~ My Fan Fiction ~MySpace ~ Thanks to *E*K*R* for the sig!

Comment

Originally posted by SylvreWolfe
                        Whoever has the rank, the time in grade, the Air Force training schools and the command leadership experience.
                        so, carter then, yeah?

Comment

You are acting like this is real. TPTB made Mitch the learder and I don't think he is leading anything. The rest of the team do what the want.
                          *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
                          *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
                          *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
                          *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
                          *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
                          *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
                          *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

Sam, it'd be interesting to see what she's like in command, at least for a few episodes. I think that it's only right because she's been around longer than Mitchell.

Comment

I voted Mitchell.

I never really enjoyed Carter as Leader simply because she is Science, and that is her priority in the series. I was not exactly impressed with her leadership capabilities in S8.

I rather am slowly beginning to like Mitchell as a leader during the second half of this season... He is displaying more and more leadership abilities and proactiveness the more episodes that air, except for OTG, but then again... I blame O'Neill for the Replicator incidents in New Order and Gemini, which I have expressed before... so people make mistakes.

I believe Mitchell should get a Promotion within the next few years after something he does... as a way to end this co-leadership thing.

Carter or Mitchell? Mitchell

Mattathias

Comment

I love how people say that Mitchell shouldn't be in command becuse he doesn;t have any experience, but he was the first leader of the first F-302 squadron to see service. If he was just some schmo, he never would have recieved that assisgnment.

Also, when he was given his choice of assignments, he wasn't going to get a post that would have required a higher rank that he already had, so there's no way he would have been given the Joint Chief position. He would be inserted into a command with his given rank, as he was with the SGC.
                                I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Working...
                                X