This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F-302 Hyperspace Squadrens

Since the F-302's have hyperspace capabilities you think that it might be a good idea to have a few squadrens of them out there? I mean they could explore planets with out stargates, and defend Earth and its outposts. For instance if The Prometheus is in the middle of a refit or too far away to get there in time these squadrens could show up and hold off the enemy along with any planetary stationed 302's untill Prometheus shows up.

Perfecto!

I think the F-302's should be modified to have cloaking, hopefully from the Nox, and to be able to fit inside a Stargate. Then they could be two-man puddle jumpers in a way.
    Hallowed are the Xander. Love, Worship, and Rep/Green your all-powerful, omniscient God!

Comment

Do the hyperdrives on the F-302's even work yet?

Comment

I believe that the operational F-302 model doesn't have the hyperdrive.
        The X-302 was designed with a hyperdrive because there weren't any carrier ships. But they couldn't get the hyperdrive to function correctly, and half a season later they had the Prometheus to act as a carrier craft, so they probably just began making F-302s without the hyperdrives.

Though now they might consider making some hyperspace-capable F-302s, in which case...they probably shouldn't have a hyperspace squadron. (what happens when they run out of ammo?)

Comment

Originally posted by White Knight
          I believe that the operational F-302 model doesn't have the hyperdrive.
          The X-302 was designed with a hyperdrive because there weren't any carrier ships. But they couldn't get the hyperdrive to function correctly, and half a season later they had the Prometheus to act as a carrier craft, so they probably just began making F-302s without the hyperdrives.

Though now they might consider making some hyperspace-capable F-302s, in which case...they probably shouldn't have a hyperspace squadron. (what happens when they run out of ammo?)

They go to Earth, the Alpha Site, the Beta Site or to any planet with a stargate and go to the aforementioned planets and fill up on supplies.

Perfecto!

Comment

If you replaced the naquadria with a naquada reactor even though youd lose th abiliy to make hyperspace jumps you would have a far more stable form of energy which would be better for shields,cloaks,energy weapons and railguns.
            Rimmer: "What's this? Learning drugs? They're illegal, matey! Where did you get them? I'm afraid you're in very serious, grave, deep trouble, Lister. Where did you get them? I want names, I want places, I want dates."
            Lister: "Arnold Rimmer, his locker, this morning."
            - Rimmer and Lister, Balance of Power from Red Dwarf

Ambassador: I hate you English. With your boring trousers and your shiny toilet paper and your ridiculous preconceptions that Frenchmen are great lovers. I'm French and I'm hung like a baby carrot and a couple of petits pois.
            - Nob and Nobility from Blackadder

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Griff
              They go to Earth, the Alpha Site, the Beta Site or to any planet with a stargate and go to the aforementioned planets and fill up on supplies.
              I don't see how they could go to any planet with a stargate and get supplys through the gate, don't forget they need a runway to land/takeoff

Comment

its not that hard to make a temporary runway. they did so in under a day in the episode 'fallen'. and i think a vtol capbility would do the 302's some good as well.
                ROFLMAO Check This Out!!!

Comment

If the production models still use Naquadria then they are capable of short hyperspace jumps (a couple of seconds in duration). Not a long distance but still important in a fight, like when O'Niell and Carter jumped inside the shield of anubis' mothership
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lionel_pendergast_rocks
                    its not that hard to make a temporary runway. they did so in under a day in the episode 'fallen'. and i think a vtol capbility would do the 302's some good as well.
                    IIRC, it took several days to set their trap in motion in that episode.

In reality (which Stargate prides itself on) it would take military engineers several days at least to carve a short runway out of a forest (the -302 does seem to have STOL capabilities).

a time to mourn

Comment

Working...
                    X