This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by qasimjavid
    1. That never happened. Sisko stopped the Pah-wraiths from being released but if they had been released they probably would have made bajorans worship them after destroying the prophets
    2. They are able to communicate with people on the outside so I would guess so.Whats to say the wormhole isnt just another plane of existence or that the prophets are ascended beings
    Actually yes is the answer to both questions.

1. Yes they did have people follow them. Gul Dukat was the leader of a Pah-Wraith cult at one point in the series. The Pah-Wraith followers were viewed as heretics. If you read the DS9 book 3 parter that includes the The Fall of Terok Nor, you can read about how the Pah Wraiths have many followers.

2. Yes they did have powers outside of the wormhole/firecaves. Jadzia Dax was killed by Gul Dukat when he was possessed by Kost Amojan who was a Pah Wraith.
    Before this day is done, I will feed on your buttery defiance

Comment

Originally posted by ColdZero
      Actually yes is the answer to both questions.

1. Yes they did have people follow them. Gul Dukat was the leader of a Pah-Wraith cult at one point in the series. The Pah-Wraith followers were viewed as heretics. If you read the DS9 book 3 parter that includes the The Fall of Terok Nor, you can read about how the Pah Wraiths have many followers.

2. Yes they did have powers outside of the wormhole/firecaves. Jadzia Dax was killed by Gul Dukat when he was possessed by Kost Amojan who was a Pah Wraith.
      I thought Kosst Amojan was the one that posessed Jake in "the Reckoning."

Anyway... I think the similarities are enough, that I wonder if they are not both aspects of the same thing. We know the Ori are Ascended, like the Ancients. We know that Ascended beings exist on a higher plane. Maybe that higher plane touches more than one 3 dimensional reality. Maybe these beings intersect with multiple realities simultaneously. They maintain the strongest connection to the reality they came from, of course, but mayhaps the Pah-Wraiths are the manifestation of these beings in the Trekverse, and the Prophets are the Ancients. Maybe they also partially manifest in other realities as well.

-IMF
      "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
      "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
      BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

The Ori are very similar to the Pah Wraiths. They both exist as wisps of flame. They both have a huge cavern of fire. They can both possess people. When the Pah Wraiths made Dukat their emissary, they got rid of his disguise and changed him back to a Cardassian, they also gave him telekinetic powers and his eyes glowed red. The enemy of the Pah Wraiths, the Prophets, are generally unconcerned with corporeal matters.

Comment

Working...
        X