Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why low budget? And new stargate petition.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P-90_177
    replied
    To be honest I hope that it doesn't succeed. Not that I don't want more Stargate, but this streaming service, while being a short term way of getting a little of the money MGM desperately needs is unsustainable. Imagine if every franchise had one of these streaming sites and removed their shows from Netflix and Amazon and the others. People wouldn't have enough money to be a part of all of them and ultimately everyone loses out. I don't support it with Star Trek and CBS All Access either... But I have the benefit of being in the UK so it comes onto our Netflix instead.

Leave a comment:

• DarkenLycht
    replied
    I am sure there will be enough people willing to play for SG:O to make it worth it for MGM. There are 6 counties people can watch it in and I think there is a fair amount of them willing to pay for something that is labeled with "Stargate" without a second thought, just because it's SG
    You would only need like 10.000 people in each country to have more than that budget in again

Leave a comment:

• Platschu
    replied
    I am a bit worried that they won't order any SG series at the end. I have just made a quick math in the other thread as well. If the SG:O budget was around 1 million dollar or even less, then it means they need at least 50 000 paying subscribers. I just have a bad feeling that what if we haven't riched that critical number of viewers?

Honestly, if they order a spin-off then maybe they should order only 6-10 episodes. Then there would be no reason to make bottle episodes or unnecessarry standalones, just hard-core story telling. And then MGM wouldn't rish too much money, while we could see a mini-series with a bigger budget what could be like the pilot for a new SG show. This could be a safe option without envolving any other streaming company.

Just a spin-off really needs to be established correctly. I don't want to rush it, because this could be the last chance for the SG universe to revive. So if any new writers or old writers like Brad Wright need a few months to develop it, then the fandom should be patiently wait until the premier in 2019.

Leave a comment:

• Osiristi
    replied
    Well, the reason for the low budget is obvious. MGM is still recovering from bankruptcy and apparently the money isn't quite there at the moment. They are scared to make big blind investments without knowing if the audience is there. Stargate Origins is a way to gauge that audience.

But Joseph Mallozzi is right. Now, with Stargate Origins currently airing, is the time to show MGM that the audience is there. Those of us Stargate fans who are in the US or 5 other countries that SGO is available in, can of course show their presence by buying the show, but there are other ways of course. Maybe not a petition (when do those ever work?) but maybe something better. I hope Mallozzi & co. have a good plan.

Leave a comment:

• tomaso88
    started a topic Why low budget? And new stargate petition.

Why low budget? And new stargate petition.

For years mgm said they wouldn't make another stargate franchise film because the dvd market was going downhill. We finally have a new way to watch shows which is live streaming and they chose to create something so low budget that many of the fans can't even enjoy it. Not to mention with live streaming you reach stargate fans accross the world as we know there is a massive fan base outside of the USA and Canada. Honestly just doesn't make sense to me at all.

On a side note fans have recently started a petition for more stargate with Joseph mallozi backing it the Twitter page for it is Take a look at Stargate Now (@StargateNow): https://twitter.com/StargateNow
    https://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2018/02/23/february-23-2018-a-call-to-all-stargate-dark-matter-and-scifi-fans/
Working...
X