No announcement yet.

$20 All Access Pass question for StarGate Command

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Falcon Horus, read my post carefully, I was referring to Stargate Command, so you are false in saying that "That is not true" to what I stated. You yourself confirm my statement by saying that the Stargate material can be accessed on other commercial enterprises other than MGM's. So my comments stand.

Furthermore, there is no guarantee that HULU and iTunes will continue to provide the Stargate material. Especially that Hulu is being bought up by Disney. That means Stargate will no longer be offered by Hulu, because it will only have Disney content. That leaves Apples iTunes, and they are notoriously difficult to work with, relying on iTunes for content creators to make a profit, is like relying on Attila The Hun for mercy, I am told.

As for you saying that most people have the DVD sets or BluRays, well that's no comfort for people in the future who have never seen or heard of Stargate. After all, with the new streaming services coming from every which way, DVD and BluRay business is destined for extinction. Hollywood knows this, since they are the ones who've been hurt the most by the evaporation-no, more like sublimation- of the physical disc market. This all does not bode well, which ever way you cut it for Stargate, the demand and market is not there for a Stargate like franchise.

I fear come after May 15, there will be a deafening silence from MGM. As is it usually is the case with a company that is on the verge of bankruptcy, again! MGMs financial numbers are very poor, and so, like it or not, Stargate's destiny is also tied to MGM's. Furthermore, as I have stated in the last post, real science fiction is doing poorly in the market place, the craze is now science fantasy. Alas for Stargate and their fan base.

Comment

Originally posted by Pragmatism View Post
      Falcon Horus, read my post carefully, I was referring to Stargate Command, so you are false in saying that "That is not true" to what I stated. You yourself confirm my statement by saying that the Stargate material can be accessed on other commercial enterprises other than MGM's. So my comments stand.
      Yes, it stays available on other platforms, in HD quality and with the ability to pause and play where one left of -- even sometimes to download episodes (Netflix at least) to watch offline.

Stargate Command is but a temporary home -- they made that perfectly clear from the get-go. At least in the FAQ, but it is common practice for most all-access buyers to not read before paying for it. I know, of at least one who asked his money back because it wasn't properly advertised when buying the all-access pass (and he got it back with the help of Apple).

MGM has an entire digital library to license or if they are indeed planning their own digital library, chances are people will be able to pay a monthly fee to watch all the MGM content they want, including stargate.

Especially that Hulu is being bought up by Disney. That means Stargate will no longer be offered by Hulu, because it will only have Disney content.
      Nope, they are not planning to do that -- Hulu’s Future: What Disney-Fox Deal Means for TV-Streaming Venture

The wrinkle here for Disney is that, under the terms of the JV agreement for Hulu, it won’t be able to make any major structural changes to Hulu without the agreement of Comcast/NBCU.

Disney only owns 30% of Hulu's shares.

After all, with the new streaming services coming from every which way, DVD and BluRay business is destined for extinction.

Yeah, that's what they said about CD's and the music industry when Napster and iTunes started offering digital downloads -- and the illegal downloads and what not. The music industry is booming 15-20 years later, and we're still buying CD's and vinyls.

I fear come after May 15, there will be a deafening silence from MGM. As is it usually is the case with a company that is on the verge of bankruptcy, again! MGMs financial numbers are very poor, and so, like it or not, Stargate's destiny is also tied to MGM's. Furthermore, as I have stated in the last post, real science fiction is doing poorly in the market place, the craze is now science fantasy. Alas for Stargate and their fan base.
      MGM is catering to the fanbase of stargate, at the moment, with Stargate Command. There has been zero marketing to outside viewers. This is completely aimed at the "fans" of the show.

And most of the all-access pass owners at the moment, got the pass to watch more stargate than is good for any human being. They forgot to come up for air -- more than once -- bingewatching their lives away. When all that goes away, they don't have use for that site anymore and it will die a quiet death, cause I can assure you, a free account is boring as hell in the grand scheme of things.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Ummm as I know your not from the US so things may be different where you live but i haven’t bought a cd/dvd/Blue-ray in at least 5-10 years. Everything is bought digitally (usually through Amazon) and downloaded to my devices or streamed. Yes those technologies are going the way of VHS. As for the feeling ripped off for $20 for having access since day one. I don’t feel that way at all! I got a t-shirt, access to watch all the shows without commercials (my Hulu has commercials) and get to watch the new web-series in full all for the price of what I pay for 2 months Netflix. That was a great deal in my opinion. MGM is being proactive. Many companies, including Disney, are consolidating their assets to an individual streaming site. Obviously they see Netflix etc... making money on their creative properties and want to keep that money in house. Also, we have all complained for years we wish we could pay only for channels that we want instead of huge cable packages with content we don’t watch. This is the beginning of that era and we are in transition so it feels clunky.

Comment

@Shiner833

How nice you get to have all that -- we get nothing. All we get are people like you jumping up and down with excitement, raving about their T-shirt and their all-access while a lot of other people have no access and are left to the mercy of spoilers and images that spoil the frak out of SGO.

And yes, digital is possible here too... but I prefer hard copies to digital cause I have tendency to loose digital copies more often than I care to admit. I download music from iTunes but I much rather prefer the actual CD to the digital download.

I can watch all DVD's without commercials, and I don't even need internet for it -- just my Xbox (cause my DVD-player bailed on me a few weeks ago).

MGM isn't proactive -- they are hanging on by a thread. What will you be happy about when May 15 comes around, by the way? Or were you unaware your all-access pass ends that day, with streaming going away.

Comment

I’ll be happy with my shirt, the shows I watched for 8-9 months from when it went live and access to the full web-series all for $20. That’s how much I pay for only 2 months of Netflix, and less than what I paid for in drinks last night with dinner. So that was a great deal! I understand your preference for hard copies which totally makes sense. Don’t have to rely on internet and all that. Personally, I have 2 young kids and DVDs tend to get scratched and then are useless. Same with my old cd collection. Luckily I had backed up most of the music years ago. I like the convenience of being able to watch a movie I bought, especially having the kiddos movies, accessible anywhere we go. So whether it be at home on the TVs in different rooms or on a long car ride on the tablet or phone, we have our movie collection. So that works best for us. I’m sorry your upset that others are excited about the web-series. It does suck it’s not completely international. I don’t know enough about distribution rights and costs to have an informed opinion on that other than I’m sure it was more expensive to do so which led to the limited availability.

Comment

Well said. I am also consider to pay the 20$ as a sign of support. If I go out to eat some junkie food I can easily spend the same amount of food on KFC, McD or pizza....

By the way we should open some "Stargate Command - suggestions and feedbacks" thread here. I tried to watch the website with my Samsung Galaxy S7 and I could simply not find how to post on their forum. Literally I have spent 40 minutes and I clicked every possible options now. But as soon as I have checked it on my PC, I could immediately see a "(+)" sign in the top right corner. Strange.
              "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                Well said. I am also consider to pay the 20$ as a sign of support. If I go out to eat some junkie food I can easily spend the same amount of food on KFC, McD or pizza.
                Then why haven't you? I've seen you on the message feed and it doesn't say all-access next to your rank.
                Perhaps it's because all-access goes away after May 15?

By the way we should open some "Stargate Command - suggestions and feedbacks" thread here. I tried to watch the website with my Samsung Galaxy S7 and I could simply not find how to post on their forum. Literally I have spent 40 minutes and I clicked every possible options now. But as soon as I have checked it on my PC, I could immediately see a "(+)" sign in the top right corner. Strange.
                Because the website isn't mobile device friendly, because they are trying to get you to install the app instead. Marketing 101.
                It also loads incredibly slow on mobile devices (same as the above, to get you to install the app instead).

Too bad the app crashes more than it actually works.

Comment

Well... I tried to pay it on my PC, but it would be too simple, so I have to install it on my mobile. If I check in on my mobile then the "all-access" option doesn't show up anywhere. Maybe I am blind. I will give on an other try on my PC.

edit. If I download it on my PC, then it will install it on my mobile, but the "all-access" sign is still nowhere. Grrr...

edt 2.: I have installed it on my tablet as well, but the "all-access" option is nowhere.
                  Last edited by Platschu; 27 February 2018, 11:40 AM.
                  "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Either it is a bug or you are in a country that does not get all access...then that option will be nowhere

Comment

Well... I am Hungarian, but I live in the UK. So technically it should be there.

Comment

We would watch SG-1 on Netflix, than it moved to Amazon and we couldn't watch it. It showed up on Hulu and was unwatchable, Hulu at the time was streaming low-quality signals. We cancelled Hulu and someone said that Hulu improved/is improving their stream but we decided we weren't interested.
                        "I met a traveller from an antique land..."

Comment

Well... I tried to pay it on my PC, but it would be too simple, so I have to install it on my mobile. If I check in on my mobile then the "all-access" option doesn't show up anywhere. Maybe I am blind. I will give on an other try on my PC.

edit. If I download it on my PC, then it will install it on my mobile, but the "all-access" sign is still nowhere. Grrr...

edt 2.: I have installed it on my tablet as well, but the "all-access" option is nowhere.
                          The Great and Powerful Pharaoh K. Hamenthotep asked me to convey the following message to you:

Tell Platschu he needs to click watch series and try to watch an episode. It doesn't matter which one, as long as it's not a free to view one, then the "get all-access" message will appear.

I'd like to add that you can only buy all-access from the mobile app. Only the USA can buy on the website.

Comment

I will try. The support team also responded and they asked more details about my Android version, my mobile. Once I have seen an ad to buy all-access,but as soon I clicked on it, it started to offer to download it again from GooglePlay. Why is this payment so overcomplicated?

Comment

Besides the episode streaming and mission files, what other extras are there for All-Access only?

Comment

Originally posted by WraithTech View Post
                                Besides the episode streaming and mission files, what other extras are there for All-Access only?
                                The Dial Home interviews are all-access only. The first two, are free for all too though.
                                There are Behind-the-scenes videos for Origins which are AA only. Interviews, like the Philip Alexander one.
                                There are DVD-extras which are also all-access only.
                                When Origins finishes next week, they'll be able to download it in full.

It's easier to list what is free:
                                * the message feed
                                * the quizzes
                                * most of the articles
                                * gifs (but there hardly are any)
                                * photo sets (but they're old ones)

Comment

Working...
                                X