Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One vote a day doesn't really fix the biggest problem - only a handful of characters getting any votes - though. It just makes it worse. Then we'll just have everybody voting on Sam, Daniel, and Jack.

The "2 points/1 point" rule sounds best to me personally, but the "2 votes/2 characters" rule is good too. Maybe it could go along with a change in the way the posts are done, like this (for example):

Day 3:
    Heal: Daniel, Vala
    Hurt: Anubis, Lam

If it's laid out like this, it makes it very obvious to people just what the rules are. It would probably make the tallying easier as well.

Many thanks to blingaway for the sig pic.

Comment

OK everybody, the change of rules. Since tomorrow the first round will be 2 points heal/hurt vote and the second round 1 point vote. Voting for the same characters in both rounds is not allowed.

Example:

Day 4 vote 1 (2 points)

Heal: Teal'c
      Hurt: Apophis

Day 4 vote 2 (1 point)

Heal: Jack
      Hurt: Doci

Comment

Originally posted by Katerine
        One vote a day doesn't really fix the biggest problem - only a handful of characters getting any votes - though. It just makes it worse. Then we'll just have everybody voting on Sam, Daniel, and Jack.

The "2 points/1 point" rule sounds best to me personally, but the "2 votes/2 characters" rule is good too. Maybe it could go along with a change in the way the posts are done, like this (for example):

Day 3:
        Heal: Daniel, Vala
        Hurt: Anubis, Lam

If it's laid out like this, it makes it very obvious to people just what the rules are. It would probably make the tallying easier as well.
        How do you think, with new rules should I restart a game or continue, but for instance not allow for 3 or 4 rounds to hurt with 2 points the characters which got too much hurt votes recently?

Comment

Originally posted by Formerhost
          You just vote based on how you feel about certain character at the moment, or you heal your all time favourite character and hurt the character you don't like at all. And why twice a day? Hmm... good question
          thanks...

Day 4, Vote 1:

Heal: Jack
          Hurt: Martouf
          "Yeah Sir, we can't call it the Enterprise."
          "Why not?"
          "The codename for the project is Prometheus. What's wrong with that?"
          NOTHING!

Comment

How do you think, with new rules should I restart a game or continue, but for instance not allow for 3 or 4 rounds to hurt with 2 points the characters which got too much hurt votes recently?
            i say count this round the way you di when you started and change over tomm. otherwise people may not realize that the order of thier votes counts. and lord knows you're not going to get everyone to change their votes.
            sigpic
            "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
            Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Originally posted by ParadoxRealities
              i say count this round the way you di when you started and change over tomm. otherwise people may not realize that the order of thier votes counts. and lord knows you're not going to get everyone to change their votes.
              I should have asked more precise question in my previous post Since tomorrow, with new rules - restart the game or continue with the points earned so far for every character?

Comment

I should have asked more precise question in my previous post Since tomorrow, with new rules - restart the game or continue with the points earned so far for every character?
                aahh. well, i'm biased, but i say don't restart. or, if you REALLY don't want any sleep AT ALL, you can keep track of both results, one where you restart at 26, one where you don't.
                sigpic
                "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)

Comment

aahh. well, i'm biased, but i say don't restart. or, if you REALLY don't want any sleep AT ALL, you can keep track of both results, one where you restart at 26, one where you don't.
                  No way!

OK, no full restart, but partial restart for some characters.

Comment

first of all i'd like to say that its unreasonable and unfair to single out one group of fans by implying that they are the ones skewing votes by constantly voting for the same person one way or the other. most people who are voting multiple times are voting for the same people, be it to heal the same person, hurt the same person, or to do both. i've noticed people healing or hurting vala, sam, jack, doci, whatever. if that person truely is the favourite or least favourite then its a fair vote in my eyes.

second, and more importantly, i don't think its neccessary to restart the vote in terms of starting a new thread. if you really want, it would be just as easy to go through this thread, and have a recount based on the new rules. if thats too much trouble i'll do it for you, i'm trying to avoid doing my final assignments.

but before we do anything maybe we should just decide on finalised rules for the game. once decided, there is no more changing the rules because your preferred character isn't winning, or your least favourite character is winning, or someone got eliminated and you didn't want them to or whatever.

if you aren't happy with the rules, then start your own tournament. and that goes for sam fans, jack fans, teal'c fans, vala fans, any other fan you can name.

personally i'm happy with it the way it is. if you don't like it, then vote. that the point of the game isn't it?

Comment

No way!

OK, no full restart, but partial restart for some characters.
                      for some characters? how is that fair? its all or nothin' baby!

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
                        for some characters? how is that fair? its all or nothin' baby!
                        i say run both tallies at once or start a new thread. i think recounting the already posted votes is probably a bad idea because people didn't know at the point that thier first vote would count for 2 and thier second for one (i think i went out of that order).

stargate barbie has a good point though, its a big forum, start another thread if you want to ::glanes around for mods::.
                        sigpic

Comment

i say run both tallies at once or start a new thread. i think recounting the already posted votes is probably a bad idea because people didn't know at the point that thier first vote would count for 2 and thier second for one (i think i went out of that order).

stargate barbie has a good point though, its a big forum, start another thread if you want to ::glanes around for mods::.
                          And now you've given me really sleepless night and a huge headache...
                          I'd like to know other people's opinion on this subject by tomorrow. And in the morning (here in Europe) I'll decide whether to start new thread or not.

Comment

Heal: Thor
                            Hurt: Sam

Comment

Heal: Thor
                              Hurt: Sam

( there's my two for today

Comment

I'd have to agree that nothing good can come from changing the voting rules for some characters and not for others.

Personally, my vote is for closing this thread and restarting the entire game with the finalized rules in a new thread. But then, as most of you have probably figured out by now, I'm kind of a purist.

(BTW, small vocabulary lesson:
                                "since" has two possible meanings: "Because," and "Beginning at a point in time (in the past) and continuing until now." If the word you're looking for means, "Beginning at a point in time (in the future)," then the word you're looking for is "starting." i.e. "Since yesterday, I've been sick." "Starting tomorrow, I need to stop being sick." )
                                Last edited by Katerine; 23 April 2006, 02:10 PM.

Many thanks to blingaway for the sig pic.

Comment

Working...
                                X