What is Stargate: Horizon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is Stargate: Horizon?

Can someone give me a good description of what Stargate: Horizon actually is? I heard that it was a show made and run by a group of gatefans, but it's really popular. Is it just a series of fanfics that continue the same story with the same characters?

I also think that this thread is useful for newcomers, like myself, to whatever Horizon is and are interested in maybe getting into it.
    I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
    Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Stargate Horizon is a virtual spin-off of Stargate SG-1. Episodes are released on a schedule. Episodes are released in teleplay format, in .PDF files.

Horizon has its own cast, settings, factions, galaxy, etc. It takes place in the Stargate universe, but is a bit ahead timewise - it's around the year 2014, I believe.

Comment

Put in (relatively) simple terms, Stargate Horizon is a fan faction within the virtual series genre, it is presented in script format.
      Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
      - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Thanks.
        I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
        Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Working...
        X