List of Sam/Jack Fics With a Medical (sub)Plot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
    Ths snapping point doesn't have to be big. It can be something incredibly small. And it doesn't matter that Pete wasn't worth it enough. He hit her with a book. Something apparently so out of character for him that it was enough to boot her over the edge. Did I read it right that this takes place after Jacob's death? She was dealing with that, as well as all sorts of other stuff, and all it takes is one seemingly small thing to push a person over the edge.

I was a bit annoyed later on when the Air Force forced her to retire. But what I was more annoyed with was how Hammond seemed more interested in keeping her around for her brain power and how much use she could be to the SGC than he was in keeping her around just because he cared about her. I'm sure the writer didn't mean it to sound that way, but that was how it sounded to me.
    I'm pretty sure it does take place after Jacobs death. So I'm thinking she's dealing with that, Pete hitting her, the events that occurred leading up to it - ie: Prometheus and being hunted by the super soldiers.
    I think some writers have a lot of trouble getting the character of Hammond right.
    "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

I also recently re-read the above-mentioned fic. Though there were some points I disagreed with, like what hedwig stated about Hammond's characterization, I liked it too. The darkness drew me in. We tend to think that people like Sam have always got it together. I like fics that show the vulnerability of the characters. Sam has seen some crazy s**t in her time at the SGC. Couple that with everything she was dealing with up to the point of her emotional break in this fic and like Chelle said, it might not take much for her to lose it. I actually liked the extension of using the Grace hallucination...it was especially creepy. And, to me, stories like this are truly scary because they are based in reality and could happen to anyone.
      sigpic

----------
      FFN ----- AO3 ----------

Comment

To Overcome by webbo. Established Sam/Jack. Carter comes to D.C. for a visit, but Jack isn't acting like himself. It's something they'll both have to overcome. - WIP

Spoiler:
        Jack has cancer.
        Last edited by hedwig; 07 July 2014, 08:39 PM.

Comment

Jack gets in a car accident and suffers some broken bones as well as a mild heart attack.

Today Is All We Have by dreamer one

After dancing around his feelings for years, Jack O’Neill realizes he doesn't have a limitless supply of days. SJ, post season 10.
          No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
          It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Rain Ghost by Rachel500 is one of my favourite Death/Resurrection fics

Comment

Working...
            X