Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, I am a Stargate fan (Obviously.) & have been a fan of Stargate virtual episodes for several years. My only problem is: no one's really publishing them anymore (Except for Alex.). So I decided to check out SG Fan-Fiction.
    I stumbled across "Stargate: Horizons" & the "Autumn of '73" & I really enjoyed that one; but I find the whole FF Universe to be extremely overwhelming.
    I was hoping some people could list a few good must-reads that anyone interested in FF should have under their belt & some authors that are making waves in the FF Scene.
    Thank you so much! I look forward to reading your replies!

Originally posted by syfygyrl View Post
    Hi, I am a Stargate fan (Obviously.) & have been a fan of Stargate virtual episodes for several years. My only problem is: no one's really publishing them anymore (Except for Alex.). So I decided to check out SG Fan-Fiction.
    I stumbled across "Stargate: Horizons" & the "Autumn of '73" & I really enjoyed that one; but I find the whole FF Universe to be extremely overwhelming.
    I was hoping some people could list a few good must-reads that anyone interested in FF should have under their belt & some authors that are making waves in the FF Scene.
    Got preferences about what you wanna read? Any genre you prefer...what will you tolerate...what do you despise? Do you want 'ship' or not? If you do, which one? If you know what you want then I suggest asking for recommendations in the forums in the areas that you prefer...I'll guarantee the people posting on the forums will now where to find the fics you'll wanna read. Good luck finding what pleases you...there's lots out there, by some very talented people
    sigpic

http://www.moonsmusings.com/bluemoon/
    http://www.gatefic.com/

My Fiction:

Comment

Anything that is Wraith-centric with a slight humorous side?
      Like Draco's hive 53?
      I like Sharky
      sigpic

Comment

Sadly you won't find many people who will single out certain fics or writers as "must reads" because, as you'll find out (if you haven't already), the fandom is divided into... camps... and people with strong preferences and certain things they won't touch. And because of that, people almost never give general "this is a great story" recs but rather they ask for your preferences (as the one respondent did). I don't think any group of people would agree that fics x, y, z are THE defining, must-read stories of the fandom.

Anyway, all that said, some great writers (IMO):
        Annerb
        Strix Varia
        Skydiver (Denise)

You can also check out the Stargate Fic Rec LJ community.

Comment

Thank you all so much! I think I have a better idea of what I'm getting myself into. I'll be checking out the links &, maybe one day, I'll try actually writing one!

Comment

www.fanfiction.net/u/1520916/Aer_ki_jyr

Aer-ki Jyr's "Stargate: Return of the Ancients".

Absolutely epic fanfic series. Check the "Return of the Ancients" thread. Its always on the first page of the Fan Fiction section of the gateworld forum. My favorite. It is basically a continuation of the whole Stargate Universe; all of everyone's favorite characters. Mainly the Atlantis chars but also sg-1, jaffa, asgard, nox, tok'ra, aschen, practically every alien race in the stargate franchise. Its ongoing but so far theres one whole "season", 20 eps and the first 3 of season 2. The author has unfortunately put it on hiatus for some reason but anyway its a must read.
            ---Lexifer---

sigpic

Comment

Thanks I'll check it out!

Comment

I like the golden dawn fan fic it is centred around a 3rd faction of ancients who inhabit the eage of or galaxy they are like a space roman empire. its good depending on what you like. if you like the hole big stage and the role of the major faction and how the interact then you should give it a read

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

I recommend the XSGCOM crossover series, it's received a lot of praise, trough it tends to have a (justified) Humans are Special attitude and less focus on character development than action.

Comment

Is it on FanFic?

Comment

I have a new one if you are interested. It doesn't focus on any 1 character or pairing , and has multiple pairings and some action. Upcoming stories will have more Jack and Sam if you like them, but there is a lot of Daniel, Cam, and Vala, some teal'c

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6411218/...to_Spot_a_Fake
                        or the one before it
                        http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6396321/..._2_Home_coming
                        sigpic
                        Fun fan fic . Check it out at stargatenexus.com or on FF.net

Comment

fanfiction.net has tons of stories and it's fairly easy to search for stories you might like, just use the filters to select characters, lenght, genre, cross-over. Another useful things is you can look at other stories from writers you like as well their favorite stories to give you a starting point.

Comment

Is it on FanFic?
                            http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/7...-Fanfic-Series

Comment

Thank you all! I am finding many interesting fics now & have some idea of how to navigate this huge section of fandom. LOL

Comment

Working...
                              X