• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some Corner of a Foreign Field (SGA)

Some Corner of a Foreign Field
    -an SGA fanfic

scoaff-poster.jpg

Inspired by "The Soldier" by Rupert Brooke and Ecclesiastes 3:1-8.

Summary:
    "If I should die, think only this of me: / That there's some corner of a foreign field / That is forever [Earth]."

Earth is gone and all that is left is Atlantis, who find themselves hunted across the Pegasus galaxy by a Wraith superhive. With the Wraith reasserting their position in the galaxy once more, Atlantis and its inhabitants set out on a long journey to balance the scales that have been tipped, both within the city shields, and outside them.

"Adversity has ever been considered the state in which a man most easily becomes acquainted with himself." Samuel Johnson (1709 - 1784)

Key words: Apoca!fic. Stargate: Atlantis. Post-Season 5.
    Main pairing: John/Sam.

AU premise: Sam went back to Earth in season 5 and attended both Baal's extraction ceremony and General Hammond's funeral, but reclaimed command of Atlantis about mid-season. The superhive never picked up the message containing Earth's location in "Enemy at the Gate", and thus that episode never happened. This story begins approx. a month after EATG should have happened, during Christmas 2008. Est. John/Sam.

Timeline overview [External link] (New 2017)

Chapter 1: "If I should die..."
    Spoiler:
    COVER PHOTO
    Atlantis receives unexpected news from Earth...

Chapter 2: "Don't hug me."
    Spoiler:
    COVER PHOTO
    There is a time for everything, even if it is to refrain from hugging.

Chapter 3: "This is war, Mr Coolidge."
    Spoiler:
    COVER PHOTO
    As the cat-and-mouse chase between the Wraith superhive and Atlantis continues, the IOA comes to Sam with a proposition.

Chapter 4: "I didn't vote for you!"
    Spoiler:
    COVER PHOTO
    Enough is enough. Sam and the command team decides to make a stand against the Wraith superhive, but the costs of such a decision may be greater than they, especially Sam, anticipated.

Chapter 5: "I guess this is it...Colonel."
    Spoiler:
    COVER PHOTO
    Finally fed up with the wedge that has been forced between them both professionally and personally, John confronts Sam.

Chapter 6: "We don't want you here."
    Spoiler:
    COVER PHOTO
    As John takes his expanded team on a mission to establish trade between the Bhaati people and Atlantis, back in the city, Sam finds herself facing an ultimatum that might have long-lasting repercussions.

Chapter 7: "Take up our quarrel."
    Spoiler:
    COVER PHOTO
    As the Wraith reassert themselves again in the galaxy, the IOA digs their claws deeper into the administration of Atlantis. But will unexpected events convince Sam that the only way to fight is through open war?

Chapter 8: "I just want to feel human again."
    Spoiler:
    COVER PHOTO
    In a moment of intermission, Daniel seeks out Sam.

Chapter 9: "Let's be friends."
    Spoiler:
    COVER PHOTO
    The Wraith have unexpectedly stopped their blitz attacks on Pegasus planets, but John has bigger concerns on his mind as he's given command of Atlantis for a few days while Sam visits the Kadarian settlement. Something unsettling is going on...

Chapter 10: "Uno Ab Alto."
    Spoiler:
    COVER PHOTO
    There is a time to say: Enough is enough.

Chapter 11: "I give up."
    Spoiler:
    COVER PHOTO
    It is the last of several final blows. Sam's disappeared and John's trying to figure out what's happened. He's not liking what he sees.

Chapter 12: "Think only this of me..."
    Spoiler:
    COVER PHOTO
    After all that's happened, it's time to pick up the pieces and move on. It all starts with a small step...

Chapter 13: "Those were good times."
    Spoiler:
    COVER PHOTO
    "Look not mournfully into the past. It comes not back again. Wisely improve the present. It is thine. Go forth to meet the shadowy future, without fear." - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Chapter 14: "Let's hit the deck."
    Spoiler:
    COVER PHOTO
    The Wraith superhive has been silent...until it attacked the Coalition. Now the Coalition seeks revenge and help from Atlantis, but who will come to their aid?

Chapter 15: "Righting the wrongs."
    Spoiler:
    COVER PHOTO
    There's a time to sew...flesh, blood, bones...and friendships.

Chapter 16: "I've got your back."
    Spoiler:
    COVER PHOTO
    When one of the people under her command is seriously injured on an off-world mission with the Genii, Sam must risk exposure to make sure he’ll survive.

Chapter 17: "We don't know."
    Spoiler:
    COVER PHOTO
    When the Sun Tzu is discovered on the edge of the Pegasus galaxy, hopes are high that there will finally be answers about what happened to Earth.

Chapter 18: "That there's some corner..."
    Spoiler:
    COVER PHOTO
    It is time to move on, to mourn, with a little help from your friends.

Chapter 19: "The object of war."
    Spoiler:
    COVER PHOTO
    With the super weapon construction moving ahead, Sam visits the Genii to resolve some unfinished business.

Chapter 20: "One step at a time."
    Spoiler:
    COVER PHOTO
    While Xiaoyi's continuing to reach out for official trading partners, Sam and John visit one of theirs.

Chapter 21: "Louder than words".
    Spoiler:
    COVER PHOTO
    Sometimes, actions speak louder than words.

Chapter 22: "There is a time for everything."
    Spoiler:
    COVER PHOTO
    "… Be extremely subtle, even to the point of formlessness. Be extremely mysterious, even to the point of soundlessness…"

Chapter 23, Part 1: "It's time."
    Spoiler:
    COVER PHOTO.
    At long last, it is time.

Chapter 23, Part 2: "Bringing in the rain."
    Spoiler:
    COVER PHOTO
    In response to the new turn of events, long-laid plans are finally carried out.

Chapter 23, Part 3: "We're done running."
    Spoiler:
    COVER PHOTO
    "We cannot be sure of having something to live for unless we are willing to die for it." ? Ernesto Guevara

Chapter 24: "...of a foreign field..."
    Spoiler:
    COVER PHOTO
    "Things never really end, they just…transform into something else."

Epilogue: "...that is forever [Earth]" (Part 1) (Part 2)
    Spoiler:
    "Peace is a journey of a thousand miles and it must be taken one step at a time." - Lyndon B. Johnson

Bonus: Three years later...
    Spoiler:

Three years later, Earth's survivors celebrate Christmas.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by neela; 15 July 2017, 07:56 AM. Reason: Updating cover photos/links
    "If I should die, think only this of me: / That there's some corner of a foreign field / That is forever [Earth]."
    Earth is gone, but Atlantis must survive... Apoca!fic. Post-Season 5. John/Sam.

Originally posted by neela View Post
    So I decided to use the holiday spirit to push me off to the Fan Fiction section here at Gateworld, and try to make a new thread for my fanfic and see if the mods approve it. So here it is:

Some Corner of a Foreign Field
    -an SGA fanfic

http://i672.photobucket.com/albums/v...Apocalypse.jpg

Inspired by “The Soldier” by Rupert Brooke and Ecclesiastes 3:1-8.

Summary:

Earth is gone and all that is (seemingly) left is Atlantis, who find themselves hunted across the Pegasus galaxy by a Wraith superhive. With the Wraith reasserting their position in the galaxy once more, Atlantis and its inhabitants set out on a long journey to balance the scales that have been tipped, both within the city shields, and outside them.

"Adversity has ever been considered the state in which a man most easily becomes acquainted with himself." Samuel Johnson (1709 - 1784)

Key words: Apoca!fic. Stargate: Atlantis. Post-Season 5.

Main pairing: John/Sam.

AU premise: Sam never went back to Earth in season 5. She returned for Baal's extraction ceremony, as well as General Hammond's funeral, but remained in command of Atlantis. The superhive never picked up the message containing Earth's location in "Enemy at the Gate", and thus that episode never happened. This story begins approximately two months after EATG should have happened, during Christmas. Established John/Sam relationship.

Other notes: I'm basing this story on a series of prompts taken from Ecclesiastes 3:1-8, which is a passage noting that there's a time for everything. As such, the story will have a total of 22 chapters, with a possibility of additions if I feel it should be needed. The story will take place in the Pegasus galaxy, after season 5 of Atlantis, and will be mostly focused on John and Sam. Some characters from SG1 will appear, though, but none of the major ones except Daniel, who is recurring.

Other than that, I hope people will take the time to read this story and leave a word or two afterwards - and of course, that you will all ENJOY it as well! You can find story and chapter banners in my signature below.

Chapter 1: "If I should die..."
    Chapter 2: "Don't hug me."
    Chapter 3: "This is war, Mr Coolidge."
    Chapter 4: "I didn't vote for you!"
    Chapter 5: "I guess this is it...Colonel." Newest!
    Chapter 6: "We don't want you here." (WIP)

Spoiler:
    [Reserved for future chapter links]
    Chapter 7:
    Chapter 8:
    Chapter 9:
    Chapter 10:
    Chapter 11:
    Chapter 12:
    Chapter 13:
    Chapter 14:
    Chapter 15:
    Chapter 16:
    Chapter 17:
    Chapter 18:
    Chapter 19:
    Chapter 20:
    Chapter 21:
    Chapter 22:

awesome, so you have 22 chapters planned? Excellent

To anyone reading, this is a very character oriented fic with plenty of action. Neela's taking her time but i think this is coming out quite brilliantly. Be sure to check it out if you enjoy solid characterization and apocafics
    Originally posted by Apostle's Message Redux
    Shepard understood. Given the situation, he wasn't sure that exposing the planet to this kind of secret was smart. Miranda had regaled him with stories of how horrible 20th century Earth sounded in her history lessons and it made him leery. "I agree, god knows what would happen if Grunt got loose."

Joker snorted and muttered loudly. "Run! It's The Incredible Hulk! Kill it with fire!"
    Read the story ---- Apostle's Message Redux, ME/SG Crossover

Comment

Originally posted by Aragon101 View Post
      awesome, so you have 22 chapters planned? Excellent
      Yep, I've got 22 prompts, so that should be 22 chapters. If I find I want to expand, though, I'll just add some more. I have to see how it turns out first with the prompts.

Originally posted by Aragon101 View Post
      Neela's taking her time but i think this is coming out quite brilliantly.
      Haha, I'm a bit on the slow side, but IMO it pays off with the writing. If anything, I can just complain about not being a native English-speaking gal, so it's taking me longer. Then again, RL's gonna be real busy the next few weeks!

Comment

Thought I'd just let people know that I'm currently working on chapter 6, "We don't want you here." It's about 50 % finished, and I should hopefully have it done by or during the weekend. And then, depending on my beta, it should be up before next week! *fingers crossed*

Thanks to everyone who's been following the progress and encouraged me to update sooner rather than later. RL's been busy, and probably will be for a while, so updates are gonna be a bit on the slow side. Sorry about that, but no can do...

Comment

I've just been able to skim the stories, but from what I've read, it's a heck of a storie And, how was earth destroyed? Natural disaster or by an enemy?
          sigpic

My fan-fic, swedish outpost

Comment

Originally posted by Rasunda View Post
            I've just been able to skim the stories, but from what I've read, it's a heck of a storie
            Thank you! Means a lot to hear that.

And, how was earth destroyed? Natural disaster or by an enemy?
            Heh, that IS the question, right? Most of the people on Atlantis have no clue as to what happened, and even the top commanding officers and some of the IOA members have only vague ideas. Whatever happened on Earth, it happened fast and there was no preparing for it, or at least not entirely. More than that, I don't think I should reveal. But don't worry, this matter is not closed, and I'll be exploring it more in an upcoming chapter.

EDIT: Due to computer issues, I'll probably be delayed in getting the next chapter out. My power cord suddenly decided to say goodbye, so I'm living off the last two hours of battery time ATM. Won't be able to get a new cord until next week, since Apple doesn't have service retailers very close to where I live...

Comment

I've read it a while ago, only just got around to commenting.

The writing quality and characterization is very good. I've certainly enjoyed. There's a few sense-making issues though:

Spoiler:
              First off, the nebula thing. I'm no expert in astrophysics, but if it can be ignited and made to explode with a nuclear bomb, how come it doesn't ignite and explode from the battle happening inside it? Asgard beams, exploding 302's or Wraith darts, even the ships' engines should be able to ignite hydrogen or whatever makes up the nebula. Granted, it's entirely possible that I have no idea what I'm talkiing about, but most of your audience won't either. Some explaining is in order.

Secondly, and more importantly, having a romantic or sexual relationship with someone under her command? That's not the Carter we know. She didn't give in to temptation for years and years when she was in love with O'Neill under whose command she served- now that she is in O'Neill's shoes she is suddenly ready to violate the army rules prohibiting such things? This is way, WAY out of character. I realize that it's the founding premise and the focus of the entire story, but it's still a huge character change that needs some serious explaining and exploring. Something big and traumatic must have happened to effect this change. A flashback or two to the beginning of the relationship is in order.
              If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Originally posted by Womble View Post

The writing quality and characterization is very good. I've certainly enjoyed. There's a few sense-making issues though:

Spoiler:
                First off, the nebula thing. I'm no expert in astrophysics, but if it can be ignited and made to explode with a nuclear bomb, how come it doesn't ignite and explode from the battle happening inside it? Asgard beams, exploding 302's or Wraith darts, even the ships' engines should be able to ignite hydrogen or whatever makes up the nebula. Granted, it's entirely possible that I have no idea what I'm talkiing about, but most of your audience won't either. Some explaining is in order.

Secondly, and more importantly, having a romantic or sexual relationship with someone under her command? That's not the Carter we know. She didn't give in to temptation for years and years when she was in love with O'Neill under whose command she served- now that she is in O'Neill's shoes she is suddenly ready to violate the army rules prohibiting such things? This is way, WAY out of character. I realize that it's the founding premise and the focus of the entire story, but it's still a huge character change that needs some serious explaining and exploring. Something big and traumatic must have happened to effect this change. A flashback or two to the beginning of the relationship is in order.
                As someone with some teasers, i can say that you will get the answers you're looking for. Also i think it was a pocket of vaporized naquadah in teh nebula, and the nuke brought it to ignition point.

As far as Carter, well... that's a story in and of itself, which Neela has already promised to go into in a later chapter. We see why she would suddenly break the rules she's followed for so long, as well as the specifics of what happened.
                Originally posted by Apostle's Message Redux
                Shepard understood. Given the situation, he wasn't sure that exposing the planet to this kind of secret was smart. Miranda had regaled him with stories of how horrible 20th century Earth sounded in her history lessons and it made him leery. "I agree, god knows what would happen if Grunt got loose."

Joker snorted and muttered loudly. "Run! It's The Incredible Hulk! Kill it with fire!"
                Read the story ---- Apostle's Message Redux, ME/SG Crossover

Comment

Spoiler:

Thanks for the feedback! I appreciate constructive criticism. You make two very valid points, and I'll try my best to answer them here.

Spoiler:
                  Firstly, the science regarding the nebula was edited by my beta (loneranger1/Aragon101), who is sort of my science expert, and he said this thing would work. My theory is, though, that you would need massive amounts of power to detonate that particular nebula (see how I save myself there? ), and only the strongest nuke Atlantis/Daedalus had would be able to detonate it. Ordinary weapons fire, or even the explosion of Wraith darts and 302s would not be enough on its own. Anyhow, it probably didn't come across very well, but in my mind they weren't fighting at the heart of the nebula, meaning the concentration of hydrogen was lower. But the nuke was detonated at the highest concentrated pocket of hydrogen in the nebula (thanks to the Asgard beaming tech), thus making a chain reaction that would really set the explosion off.

As for the Sam/John aspect, this will be explored much more in the future chapters. They haven't been together that long when SCoaFF starts, but in my world they had been forming a very solid friendship since Sam arrived at Atlantis in season 4, and that counts for a lot. I know all about the frat regs and Sam's clingyness to soldier mode, which is why things happened as they did in concern with hers and John's relationship (see chap 5). I had originally planned flashback episodes to explain how they got to the point where they actually decided to break the regs, but I haven't gotten to that yet.

What I do want to comment on, though, is that it seems like most fans thinks something awfully big and traumatic must happen in order for a character to break years-long habits of clinging to rules. I don't mean that as criticism, but it makes me wonder if Sam is REALLY that much of a control freak, that she needs something HUGE to crack her out of her shell? She lost her father, but there's still only minimal clues in canon that she got together with O'Neill.

So I ask, what happened to an ordinary, long-time influence that is profound enough to make you want to risk losing everything you've held dear? I may be a romantic, but I'm also a realist. HUGE impacts make for great Hollywood plots, but in real life, it's also the slow process over the years that changes you. That's what I want to point out in relation to Sam. Everything that's happened in SG-1 and SGA has led her to the point where she is in Some Corner of a Foreign Field. I hope people will believe it...when I finally get around to finish the story.

Hope that answers some of it.

Comment

Originally posted by neela View Post
                    Thanks for the feedback! I appreciate constructive criticism. You make two very valid points, and I'll try my best to answer them here.

Spoiler:
                    Firstly, the science regarding the nebula was edited by my beta (loneranger1/Aragon101), who is sort of my science expert, and he said this thing would work. My theory is, though, that you would need massive amounts of power to detonate that particular nebula (see how I save myself there? ), and only the strongest nuke Atlantis/Daedalus had would be able to detonate it. Ordinary weapons fire, or even the explosion of Wraith darts and 302s would not be enough on its own. Anyhow, it probably didn't come across very well, but in my mind they weren't fighting at the heart of the nebula, meaning the concentration of hydrogen was lower. But the nuke was detonated at the highest concentrated pocket of hydrogen in the nebula (thanks to the Asgard beaming tech), thus making a chain reaction that would really set the explosion off.

As for the Sam/John aspect, this will be explored much more in the future chapters. They haven't been together that long when SCoaFF starts, but in my world they had been forming a very solid friendship since Sam arrived at Atlantis in season 4, and that counts for a lot. I know all about the frat regs and Sam's clingyness to soldier mode, which is why things happened as they did in concern with hers and John's relationship (see chap 5). I had originally planned flashback episodes to explain how they got to the point where they actually decided to break the regs, but I haven't gotten to that yet.

What I do want to comment on, though, is that it seems like most fans thinks something awfully big and traumatic must happen in order for a character to break years-long habits of clinging to rules. I don't mean that as criticism, but it makes me wonder if Sam is REALLY that much of a control freak, that she needs something HUGE to crack her out of her shell? She lost her father, but there's still only minimal clues in canon that she got together with O'Neill.

So I ask, what happened to an ordinary, long-time influence that is profound enough to make you want to risk losing everything you've held dear? I may be a romantic, but I'm also a realist. HUGE impacts make for great Hollywood plots, but in real life, it's also the slow process over the years that changes you. That's what I want to point out in relation to Sam. Everything that's happened in SG-1 and SGA has led her to the point where she is in Some Corner of a Foreign Field. I hope people will believe it...when I finally get around to finish the story.

Hope that answers some of it.

Thanks, neela.

Spoiler:
                    Re: nebula- point taken

About Sam- ordinary long-time influence is all good, but I think you're underestimating what is happening in your story a little.

By the rules of the USAF, their relationship is an offense that warrants referral of charges to a court-martial. She is in command of the entire Atlantis expedition, he is her 2IC. This is several orders of magnitude more serious than Sam's situation with O'Neill, who was merely in command of an SG team. Both of them know full well that this is a relationship that can- and in your story, eventually does- impair their professional performance, and it would be utterly irresponsible for them to pursue it in the first place. AND they're both in the Air Force for what, two decades? They have these rules in their blood by now. They're second nature, as is their consciousness of the responsiblity for those under their command.

Character wise, Shephard may oftentimes be on the reckless side, but Sam has always been a by-the-book person. I understand your point about the drop-by-drop accumulating change of character, but you'll need to show it as being proportionate to the scale of the change, which is enormous. Has there been enough time and enough drops?
                    Last edited by Womble; 15 January 2010, 06:56 PM.
                    If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Flicking through it atm and it seems very good, one question though...

You say earth has been destroyed, but what about her ships and outposts in the Milkyway?
                      Last edited by bradly08; 15 January 2010, 01:19 PM.

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

Thanks, neela.

Spoiler:

About Sam- ordinary long-time influence is all good, but I think you're underestimating what is happening in your story a little.

By the rules of the USAF, their relationship is an offense that warrants referral of charges to a court-martial. She is in command of the entire Atlantis expedition, he is her 2IC. This is several orders of magnitude more serious than Sam's situation with O'Neill, who was merely in command of an SG team. Both of them know full well that this is a relationship that can- and in your story, eventually does- impair their professional performance, and it would be utterly irresponsible for them to pursue it in the first place. AND they're both in the Air Force for what, two decades? They have these rules in their blood by now. They're second nature, as is their consciousness of the responsiblity for those under their command.

Character wise, Shephard may oftentimes be on the reckless side, but Sam has always been a by-the-book person. I understand your point about the drop-by-drop accumulating change of character, but you'll need to show it as being proportionate to the scale of the change, which is enormous. Has there been enough time and enough drops?
                        Spoiler:
                        Maybe cause Carter and Sheppard has the same rank? I know, they may have the same rank but it's Sam that's running the show, but O'Neill was Colonel/General. Carter was Captain/Major/Lt. Colonel.

And yeah, what about Earth outposts and ships? I mean, Alpha site, Beta, Gamma? We've only seen the Daedalus... So what about Odyssey, Apollo, General Hammond/Phoenix? Earth probobley sent thoose away to back up sites or they're on their way? (Prob. not on their way. Since Odyssey got a ZPM and there's been over a month(travel time's 3 weeks.))
                        Cause I doubt that they would be re-calling all off-world personel and ships do die... And I might have an idea... In an episode you stated when the ATL gate couldn't establish a contact with Earth that the SGC could have been destroyed by the self destruct. And if it was self destrouct, then there must have been an enemy... Oh, btw, don't have a power cord hooked into the computer when there's lightning... The computer will frie out if lightning structs... Belive me...
                        sigpic

Comment

...and one more thing... Why didn't Atlantis returne to the Milky Way? That must mean that there's an enemy there... And personaly, I'd like to say that if there're any remnants of Tau'ri in the Milky Way, they should pack their things and move to Atlantis..
                          sigpic

Comment

Back from power cord-deprived week of hell, finally! Thanks to everyone who's commented and asked questions. Here's some answers:

Thanks, neela.

Spoiler:

Thanks for the insight and critical eye, Womble. I'm striving towards making this as believable as possible, without sounding too romantic or overly ignorant of USAF frat regs. I agree, Sam's more by-the-book, and John's more the reckless type. My reasoning is that they've known each other for quite some time (2+ years), and their closeness in rank has given them a quite different friendship/relationship than Sam and Jack.

In the two late seasons of SG-1, I thought Sam was maturing a bit and learning how it was to maintain a healthy friendship with your colleagues - more so than in previous seasons. At least she's shown less angsting, and that says something to me. The previous decades of her career, Sam's been clutching her rank and all because she's always been lower on the scale. But ever since she became Lt. Col. I thought she eased up a bit and that opened up more possibilities on the personal scale. My impression is that the higher rank you are, the more liberal you can allow yourself to be in regards to colleagues and superiors. And I agree with Rasunda; being the same rank as Cam showed her how to have a good friendship with your fellow officers without it becoming awkward. Hence why I think it would be very similar in regards to John when she came to Atlantis.

I won't go into a lot of detail at this time, but I'll be going over this when I eventually get to the point where I discuss the past. Just bear in mind that at the time when SCoaFF starts, they haven't been seing each other romantically for very long, so there's a lot of residual doubts and fears in the picture that blows up when Sam learns Earth is gone and she's REALLY in charge (there's always been someone of higher rank than her, but now she's on the top). Then, she's reminded of what they're actually doing, and the rest you know.

Originally posted by bradly08 View Post
                            You say earth has been destroyed, but what about her ships and outposts in the Milkyway?
                            As I think I've mentioned before, that's really the question, isn't it? And I'll be exploring that issue in a future chapter, when a discovery is made somewhere in the Pegasus galaxy that will give us a more concrete possibility of what happened in the Milky Way...

Spoiler:
                            Maybe cause Carter and Sheppard has the same rank? I know, they may have the same rank but it's Sam that's running the show, but O'Neill was Colonel/General. Carter was Captain/Major/Lt. Colonel.

And yeah, what about Earth outposts and ships? I mean, Alpha site, Beta, Gamma? We've only seen the Daedalus... So what about Odyssey, Apollo, General Hammond/Phoenix? Earth probobley sent thoose away to back up sites or they're on their way? (Prob. not on their way. Since Odyssey got a ZPM and there's been over a month(travel time's 3 weeks.))
                            Cause I doubt that they would be re-calling all off-world personel and ships do die... And I might have an idea... In an episode you stated when the ATL gate couldn't establish a contact with Earth that the SGC could have been destroyed by the self destruct. And if it was self destrouct, then there must have been an enemy...
                            As I said to Bradley08, we'll explore this in a future chapter, but the general idea is that if something happened to Earth or the SGC, the off-world bases and ships would have some sort of protocol to follow, right? I'll nod a bit more towards this later on, but everything re: Earth won't be revealed at once. Otherwise it would be a boring story, and I like suspense. What I can say, though, is that Daedalus won't be able to go to the MW galaxy in the near future because of the Wraith superhive. As long as Atlantis is at risk, Daedalus will be staying around, even if some people are less than pleased with that decision... *coughIOAcough*

...and one more thing... Why didn't Atlantis returne to the Milky Way? That must mean that there's an enemy there... And personaly, I'd like to say that if there're any remnants of Tau'ri in the Milky Way, they should pack their things and move to Atlantis..
                            An enemy, huh? Or was it a catastrophe? Natural, man-made? The possibilities are endless! We'll just have to wait and see what turns up in the future....

Comment

I guess we will
                              And now about the episode, when's it up
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X