No announcement yet.

Some Corner of a Foreign Field (SGA)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forgot to update this thread back in January...

Epilogue, part 1 is up! (Yay!)

Working on part 2 now, which I actually thought would be up by now, but suddenly had to put on the back burner when I realized I'd overlooked something from an earlier chapter that made half the scenes in that part of the epilogue completely void... So, I'm currently revising and I'll let you know when part 2 is done (and the story is finally complete...)
    "If I should die, think only this of me: / That there's some corner of a foreign field / That is forever [Earth]."
    Earth is gone, but Atlantis must survive... Apoca!fic. Post-Season 5. John/Sam.

Comment

Epilogue, part 2 is up!

And, what's this? A bonus is also up!

Finally! It's been a really, really long journey, but the story's finished. Words cannot describe how satisfied and relieved I am now. Hopefully you've all enjoyed it.

Now, I'm going to celebrate by doing absolutely nothing the rest of the night.
      "If I should die, think only this of me: / That there's some corner of a foreign field / That is forever [Earth]."

Comment

For those who might like to download this story for future reading (or re-reading), I've made these handy PDFs:

The whole shebang: Some Corner of a Foreign Field

Split into parts:
        Part 1
        Part 2
        Part 3
        Part 4

You can even get an EPUB version: here

(Note that the organization is different than how the story's been posted on AO3 and ff.net. I've divided into smaller chapters so that it might be easier to find your way as you read the whole thing.)

Let me know if there's something wrong with the download!

By the way, if you'd like to know my most frequently occurring words in the story... This image says more than enough:
        Spoiler:
        Skjermbilde 2015-03-03 kl. 22.53.42.jpg
        (I feel like there's a poignant message here, especially considering the theme of the story - grief - but next time, I'm banning the word 'eyes' and 'back'.)

PLEASE NOTE: Any revisions done to the story after March 2015, has not been included in these files. You'll have to visit FF or AO3 to see the updated chapters. For instance, I recently did some major revision to chapter 5 (Day 26) and rewrote a scene in chapter 7 (Day 58).
        Last edited by neela; September 6, 2015, 01:43 AM.

Comment

Some Corner of a Foreign Field can now be found on Inkitt. There's a contest going on, so if you'd enjoyed the story, why not give it the thumbs up?

Comment

I've only recently discovered this fic, and I just wanted to say. I LOVE IT. Currently on chapter 16 at the moment. I'm either reading it on my laptop at home, or on my phone when I'm out. I'm hooked. It's so good.
            sigpic
            He’s the moon when I’m lost in darkness, and warmth when I shiver in cold

Comment

Gosh, so happy that you’re enjoying the story! Thanks so much for letting me know. :smile: Nice to hear that it’s still being read and enjoyed after all this time. It was a big part of my life at one point, and both heart-wrenching and not when the story came to an end. Kinda makes me want to dive right back into the writing again, even if I barely have the time anymore. :sweatdrop: Anyway, thanks again for the shout-out! Hope you’ll enjoy the rest of the story too.

Comment

So I finally finished reading it, not long after I made that post. And I LOVE it, it's so good. My favourite part is the last epilogue. It's really well written.
                sigpic
                He’s the moon when I’m lost in darkness, and warmth when I shiver in cold

Comment

Working...
                X