This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Idea I got from the discussion on the pet peeve thread:

Marty is a crazy killer, and is only kept from murdering women by Lantesh! Sam finds out, after Marty has been putting the move on her, and Jack saves her. Lots of angst and Jack must comfort Sam.

Someone plz write this! Virtual cookies!
    Jaffa, kree!

Comment

A few weird plot ideas for anyone who likes writing stories and is actually good (unlike me) at writing stories lol

1) Pre-Atlantis city
      As the ice in Antarctica continues to melt a massive chunk of ice breaks away and an patrolling/research vessel sees a piece of a structure sticking out the side of the ice when the chunk broke away. After going in for a closer luck and some weeks/months of excavation they discover the remains of a city the Ancients built before building Atlantis. The city is where the Ancients researched, built and tested various forms of technology like the Ancient chair, communication devices and Stargates themselves and the place where they build Destiny and the Seed ships before sending them out into space. It could make a good story for present day discovery of old prototype tech.

2) Solar Gate
      When the Ancients built and launched Destiny they did plan on one day gating on board but how where they panning on doing that?. May be at the same time as building Destiny they also built a way to gate on board using the same technology that's used to power Destiny 'Solar Power' and they created a small "space station" type thing with a gate inside it that only dials Destiny and this space station was sent in orbit around/just within our Sun (hidden from view obviously otherwise we would have seen it long ago lol) and the Ancients planned to use it to get to Destiny but they obviously didn't and it's been left there for millions of years but powered by solar power it had shields powerful enough to survive for this long. Perhaps after millions of years however it's now deteriorating and safety protocols kick in and it moves out of/away from the sun and that is when Earth detects it.
      It would be so easy to use it to get to Destiny and save the day but we cant have that lol. Instead may be because it's deteriorating it's about to break apart and it's only capable of establishing a connection for a few seconds before it goes boom and they use this once in a life time never to be repeated chance to send Destiny some supplies or something.

3) Gate Mod
      Rodney finds a gate address "highlighted" in the Ancient database with no information about the planet so Sheppard's team gate to it (fill in the blanks) and they turn around to dial out and notice something different about the gate. The gate has 2 sort of flaps at the bottom sides of it and after Rodney investigates he quickly notices that these are in fact 'slots' for ZPM's. They go back to Atlantis and report what they found, a few theories and wacky ideas are thrown around until they convince Earth to let them take 2 ZPM's back to the planet and plug them in to the gate to see what happens...I have no idea what happens so you will have to fill in the rest yourself lol. Interesting and weird idea though

Comment

Here's a plot bunny I've had in my head since I re-watched the season 9 episode Ripple Effect on DVD.

On an average day at the SGC an alternate SG-1 comes through the gate and they are of a foreign nationality who are shocked to see Americans at the SGC as after the episode Disclosure in their universe, World War 3 started and ended with a victory against the US by the UN. Who took control of the SGC and have been running ever since to look after international interests.

Something I'd like in the story but it's not compulsory is that two of the members of the foreign team are Vala and Cameron Mitchell with romance between them or friendship either one is fine.

Comment

I want to see a story in witch the NID has gone back in time to kidnap Sam's mom to prevent her from joining the Stargate program. there plan back fires or not it is up to the writer

Comment

So I think this thread is a little dead but I'll stick my bunny up anyway- I have the scene in my head but need to write my thesis so wont even attempt to try and write it so if anyone can do it justice please take it- at least by putting it here I get it out of my head!
            Jack dragging Sam through the gate badly beaten and him injuried too- Janet putting Sam on a gurney and asking what ahppened to her and Jack answering he did this to her.
            Cheers!

Comment

Here is an idea for an earlier Atlantis Expedition that is not only carried out by a multi-planet expedition but also has Earth play a "junior" roll for a change ("Humanity ***** Yeah!" fics are good sometimes but a little variety and originality never hurts, right? ) :

The location of Atlantis is discovers much earlier -- maybe sometime between season 4 & 6 of SG-1. The Tok'Ra archeologists find the tablet written in the language of the Ancients describing a cache of advanced weapons and technology in a hidden location which turns out to be Atlantis. The Tok'Ra decipher the Stargate address but realize it is so far away that they don't have a power source that can sustain a wormhole from Milky Way to Atlantis. Fortunately for the Tok'Ra, they're friends with the Tollan who have power sources so powerful it can alter solar systems.

After agreeing on a joint mission to Pegasus, the Tok'Ra and Tollan next contact the Nox. After all, the Nox are friends of the Tollan and members of the Allegiance of the Four Great Races, so their insight would be be invaluable.

The Nox explain that much of Ancient technology can only be operated by the Lanteans and their genetic descendants due to the ATA gene, dashing the hopes of the Tollan and Tok'Ra would-be explorers. But all is not lost: from the information exchanged with the SGC, the Tok'Ra & Tollan learn about Col. O'Neill's experience with the Ancient Repository of Knowledge and deduce that he and other Tau'ri like him must have the ATA gene. Thus the "primitive" humans are allowed a spot on the expedition too.

And that's how you end up with a multi-planetary coalition of Tau'ri, Tollan, Tok'Ra and Nox on Atlantis . They come seeking weapons against the Goa'uld ... only to end up meeting new enemies & powerful .

Comment

What a good idea for a thread!
                I'm going to have to do some back reading here, I need something new to write.
                I don't suppose anyone can tell me if any of these have been done already, not that it you matter really, would still be a different story if I did it as well.
                sigpic

Comment

heres an idea that I don't think anyone's had yet, I've been thinking about Ma'chello's mind transfer device and well this device have some possiblities for accidental mayhem that nobody seems to have explored yet. so lets say something like this:

Jacob/selmak and Anise were walking down the corridor at the sgc having just extracted a goa'uld that was captured by the sgc from its host. Sam happened to walk by carrying the mind switch device. Jacob stops to talk to his daughter for a bit and the captured symbiote decides that this is the perfect time for the great escape goa'uld edition and just out of its container (faulty stasis jar?). However the symbiote quickly realizes that it didn't think this one through and lands rather ungracefully on the mind switch device activating it. the device proceeds to performe its specified function but malfunctions spectacularily mid way through (possibily due to Carter's jury rigging or maybe some rookie lab tech broke something without realising it) knocking everyone out. Carter regains consciousness in the symbiotes body and is now stuck there possibily permenantly due to the faulty transfer making it dangerous/impossible to reverse even for the asgard. the symbiote's mind did not survive the transfer process (or it did depends). queue confusion and mayhem. For added problems with the tok'ra make the symbiote a queen.

p.s. If someone here does indeed adopt this idea and writes a story (preferably long and not slash but don't care if it is) could you pm me the link as i would like to read it.

Comment

An idea I've read on another forum:
                    we know from Stargate: SG-1 episode “The Road Not Taken” that in one alternative reality McKay quit work in the field of theoretical physics and went on to become a “dot com millionaire smartass”.

So what if he became a millionaire businessman in a world where U.S. Stargate Program never existed? What if he then *somehow* gets access to the Stargate and decides to start a company-run, for-profit Stargate project?

Comment

Originally posted by Jack100 View Post
                      heres an idea that I don't think anyone's had yet, I've been thinking about Ma'chello's mind transfer device and well this device have some possiblities for accidental mayhem that nobody seems to have explored yet. so lets say something like this:

Jacob/selmak and Anise were walking down the corridor at the sgc having just extracted a goa'uld that was captured by the sgc from its host. Sam happened to walk by carrying the mind switch device. Jacob stops to talk to his daughter for a bit and the captured symbiote decides that this is the perfect time for the great escape goa'uld edition and just out of its container (faulty stasis jar?). However the symbiote quickly realizes that it didn't think this one through and lands rather ungracefully on the mind switch device activating it. the device proceeds to performe its specified function but malfunctions spectacularily mid way through (possibily due to Carter's jury rigging or maybe some rookie lab tech broke something without realising it) knocking everyone out. Carter regains consciousness in the symbiotes body and is now stuck there possibily permenantly due to the faulty transfer making it dangerous/impossible to reverse even for the asgard. the symbiote's mind did not survive the transfer process (or it did depends). queue confusion and mayhem. For added problems with the tok'ra make the symbiote a queen.

p.s. If someone here does indeed adopt this idea and writes a story (preferably long and not slash but don't care if it is) could you pm me the link as i would like to read it.
                      It's a great idea. You should suggest it on Symbiotica or Tok'ra Kree! They both accept Tok'ra plot bunnies, and if you're lucky someone will write it! Just post it to one of the places (I think you need to sign up/register at Symbiotica, but you can post anonymously on Tok'ra Kree.

Symbiotica: http://tokra.fandomnet.com

Tok'ra Kree!: http://tokra_kree.livejournal.com
                      My ships: sigpic
                      (Sam/Jack, Sam/Rodney, Sam/Martouf/Lantash, Sam/Cam, Sam/Daniel, Sam/Janet)

Sam/Jack, Sam/Cam, Sam/Daniel, Sam/Janet, and Sam/Rodney smilies made by the talented zuz - THANKS. Smilies merged into one sig by the awesome Nolamom - THANKS!

Comment

Another idea. Jack O'Neill becomes Lantash's new host.
                        sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                        https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
                          Another idea. Jack O'Neill becomes Lantash's new host.
                          Been done, though only temporarily in Together for ever
                          No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
                          It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Originally posted by iiradned View Post
                            Been done, though only temporarily in Together for ever
                            It could be done differently, without Lantash dying in the end.
                            sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                            https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Originally posted by Jack100 View Post

That's a really interesting idea! I hope someone writes it!

I think I've actually read a fic that had a Tok'ra and a human switch. Actually, I think I've read two. One where it was the Tok'ra and a member of SG-1 (swtched with Ma'chello device), and the other was host and symbiote switched - that was Jacob and Selmak I think.
                              sigpic
                              Thanks to Roeskva for the smilies

Comment

And one where Selmak and Jack was switched! That was really odd, and unfortunately the story wasn't finished, I think.

If these stories ring a bell with anyone, I'd like to know the titles, because I've long since forgotten that!
                                sigpic
                                Thanks to Roeskva for the smilies

Comment

Working...
                                X