Return of the Ancients

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
    The only real storyline I outright dislike right now is the Bra'tac = System Lord thing. Regardless of him being Ancient-ified (itself a process I'm still having trouble with), Teal'c was right when he said he was the loudest voice for Jaffa democracy. I think it's way out-of-character and way outside of the realm of possibilities for him to suddenly take a 180 and decide to try and conquer the galaxy. It's not enough to make me stop reading the fanfic, but every time it's referenced, I cringe inwardly.

Aside from that, though, I'm enjoying the Atlantis vs. I.O.A. battle going on, and it's great to see Sam's inner doubts really coming into play.
    bratac wnt b copnquering galxy...system lords (i assume) will be like plice covering certain areas of the city.
    sigpic

Comment

No, I more just think it's being used in a weird way. Stevenson I liked, but Teyla and Bra'tac... it just feels off to me.
      I'm glad I'm not the only one. And I would've much rather had the Jaffa been given the offer to carry the Tok'ra's new prim'tahs (as some sort of personal guard? Or just to live in the society, idk), or the option of creating their own tritonan factory(s). The artificial symbiote just seems weird somehow.

And again, I love the concept and everything else. Just a few quirks I notice for constructive criticism.

Proud supporter of His holy BAGness!

Comment

oh yea, the tok'ra, i know they are in another galaxy, but an update would be nice
        ...science/physics/universe can't tell good from bad, which means that both concepts are abstract and don't matter... don't be afraid of acting on this knowledge...

Comment

I thought that it wasn't a war against the FJN but more like two different parties in phycological war. I've started to understand the thinking behind the 'system lords' (it kind of makes me cringe inside as well) The whole problem is that name. The system lords inslaved the jaffa for thousands of years. The system lords were evil, bra'tak isn't really evil and people can trust him. I think that Stevenson is pulling a fast one somewhere, but I don't really have enough information on it at the moment. Its all mysterious and you keep reading to find out what happens at the end of the really really complex storyline. Which is something love about this.

Nice chapter, its up there in the top three. My favorite had to be the describing of the gate system to sheppard. It was like a scientist trying to teach a three year old quantum physics. The Ascended Empire is something I want to know more about.

Very nice fan-fiction. I'm putting my coursework on hold while reading it
          Why Lord has Paint foresaken my signature?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Experiment 442 View Post
            I thought that it wasn't a war against the FJN but more like two different parties in phycological war. I've started to understand the thinking behind the 'system lords' (it kind of makes me cringe inside as well) The whole problem is that name. The system lords inslaved the jaffa for thousands of years. The system lords were evil, bra'tak isn't really evil and people can trust him. I think that Stevenson is pulling a fast one somewhere, but I don't really have enough information on it at the moment. Its all mysterious and you keep reading to find out what happens at the end of the really really complex storyline. Which is something love about this.

Very nice fan-fiction. I'm putting my coursework on hold while reading it
            The bolded is one of the things I've suspected. Some of the the things have been so off that I'm thinking Stevenson is gonna go BA eventually and take over the universe. I have no idea though haha.

Proud supporter of His holy BAGness!

Comment

The only real storyline I outright dislike right now is the Bra'tac = System Lord thing. Regardless of him being Ancient-ified (itself a process I'm still having trouble with), Teal'c was right when he said he was the loudest voice for Jaffa democracy. I think it's way out-of-character and way outside of the realm of possibilities for him to suddenly take a 180 and decide to try and conquer the galaxy. It's not enough to make me stop reading the fanfic, but every time it's referenced, I cringe inwardly.
              Although it is out of character, it is not outside the realm of possibilites. Think about modern Russia after the collapse of Communism. All of the sudden Russians had a lot of freedoms that they did not have before. While like the rise of the FJA, the rise of Democracy is not going over so well in Russia right now. If people are told what to do there whole lives it makes it very easy to step in and take over, just like Bra'tac did.

However this is where I differ. I think that Stevenson saw the writting on the wall that said if he did not step in now and restructure things now...then someone else would. While it is a step back it was an appropriate one. Place a person in power that would not abuse it and then gradually move forward. Stevenson just made sure that Bra'tac can take the Jaffa in a way that would not cause them to implode on each other.

I think that Aer'ki played that out very well.

Comment

Originally posted by altimasmitty View Post
                Although it is out of character, it is not outside the realm of possibilites. Think about modern Russia after the collapse of Communism. All of the sudden Russians had a lot of freedoms that they did not have before. While like the rise of the FJA, the rise of Democracy is not going over so well in Russia right now. If people are told what to do there whole lives it makes it very easy to step in and take over, just like Bra'tac did.

However this is where I differ. I think that Stevenson saw the writting on the wall that said if he did not step in now and restructure things now...then someone else would. While it is a step back it was an appropriate one. Place a person in power that would not abuse it and then gradually move forward. Stevenson just made sure that Bra'tac can take the Jaffa in a way that would not cause them to implode on each other.

I think that Aer'ki played that out very well.
                All do respect, it just does nothing for me. The rest of the plotline is very well thought-out, but this aspect of it just strikes me as out of character, out of place, and very unrealistic. That said, it's not my story, but it's just the one thing I really flat-out don't like.

In other news, it's nice to see that Aer'ki is a proponent of the "drones can pass through Asgard shields" belief =]
                Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Thats really good, it was just how pictured in my mind though my mind made it look slightly cooler

I like the idea of bringing back the System Lords, though I would have changed the name because System Lord just carries such a negative connotation with it.
                  http://epsilon.astroempires.com/?ref=E.94116

Comment

just watched your vid alx. compairing to sg and other things you see on tv it's crap, but as someone's first fully made 3d animation it's quite good
                    ...science/physics/universe can't tell good from bad, which means that both concepts are abstract and don't matter... don't be afraid of acting on this knowledge...

Comment

!!!we want the 10th chapter!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Alx
                        you have the shakes m8?
                        Can ya blame him?

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

i'm past shakes

Comment

wow i ahvent been on this thread for awhile... does anyone else feel a bit annoyed how aerki is kinda making the asgard look weak and well stupid?
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by _Famrir_ View Post
                              wow i ahvent been on this thread for awhile... does anyone else feel a bit annoyed how aerki is kinda making the asgard look weak and well stupid?
                              Do you mean with the drones bit? Considering the Ancients are far older, I'm not arguing that one. If not... what do you mean?
                              Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                              Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

like for instance the asgard used to have alot of their own original stuff that the ancients didnt have like a realllyyy fast hyperdrive or the plasma beam weapons but now the asgard seem to be kinda weak now.. however i think why the drones could pass through was cuz those shileds were human copies of the asgard shield.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X