Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
    http://annerbhp.livejournal.com/118638.html

It's a link to links to some short prompt fics. Lots of fun to read.
    Thank you so much Jas! Perfect timing; I was running out of fanfic to read

Do you guys know of any "snowed-in" fanfics? Or "have to stay together inside because they can't go out" or you get the idea (cuddly fluff added with some spanking gutter)

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
      i wish ff.net would send out messages to those watching stories when theyr'e complete.
      i hate reading a wip while it's in progress, i want the whole thing done.....so i just keep the latest author alert and, when i dont' see a new one after a few days, go and look for that 'complete' or 'the end' tag
      when i look at ff.net, if i don't see 'complete' beside a fic, i don't even look into it
      so folks, if you upload fic onto ff.net, please mark complete
      I have to agree with you Sky. I'm really not a fan of incomplete stores. And I have to wonder why some authors start uploading a fic they haven't finished or have no idea where it heads from one chapter to the next. Or when the same author starts a new story without finishing the first one. Or ones that have been abandoned for years!!
      I have become disillusioned with WiP's...I don't trust that we'll ever see the end so I do try to avoid them...but don't you just hate it when the teaser is just brilliant then they update regularly then stop just when it gets really really cool??
      So if any of you authors should be lurking...please please please consider the reader and either regularly update til the fic is finished or don't upload the fic til its done and ready!!!
      Ooooh...and I really get irked when authors ask for reviews...and I don't mean just ask..I mean the ones that say, if I don't get x amount of reviews, I wont finish the fic...I refuse to review and read when I read that...it's not right IMHO! Or can someone justify why that is so??? ~Cheers!
      "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
        I have to agree with you Sky. I'm really not a fan of incomplete stores. And I have to wonder why some authors start uploading a fic they haven't finished or have no idea where it heads from one chapter to the next. Or when the same author starts a new story without finishing the first one. Or ones that have been abandoned for years!!
        I have become disillusioned with WiP's...I don't trust that we'll ever see the end so I do try to avoid them...but don't you just hate it when the teaser is just brilliant then they update regularly then stop just when it gets really really cool??
        So if any of you authors should be lurking...please please please consider the reader and either regularly update til the fic is finished or don't upload the fic til its done and ready!!!
        Ooooh...and I really get irked when authors ask for reviews...and I don't mean just ask..I mean the ones that say, if I don't get x amount of reviews, I wont finish the fic...I refuse to review and read when I read that...it's not right IMHO! Or can someone justify why that is so??? ~Cheers!
        I'll admit that I'm one of those authors. I have several fics that haven't been updated in ages, though they aren't for Stargate. But, and I know it doesn't make it any better, I do have an excuse. I had them all finished. I had typed them all into my computer and saved them into Word. Then my computer crashed and gave me the blue screen of death. I lost everything. When I started them, I was in my senior year of high school. By the time I even got a computer back, I had started college. I haven't had time to try remembering where I was going with any of those stories. Every once in awhile I'll get a general idea, but it just doesn't seem to be where I was taking the stories. And this past summer I took summer classes. So I'm hoping I'll get a chance to return to those fics this summer, when I'm not taking any classes.

It's actually driving me nuts that I can't figure out what I had planned for my stories. Every one of them had been completed in Word. But at least it was something out of my control.

I really hate it when you know authors leave you hanging just for the heck of it. Or because they felt like working on a different story. There's one author I've read that writes Bones fanfics. She's really great. But she's got about 2 or 3 stories going right now. And some of her fics are kind of connected, but she doesn't say what's related to what, just that we should recognize and keep in mind that some of her work is connected.
        sigpic
        Sig by Ikorni for Secret Santa

Comment

Thanks , I needed that

Comment

what i do, a compromise with WIP posting (because, you know, if you like getting reviews, wip's are the way to go....write a one shot you'll get a handful of reviews, do a wip and you'll get a handful per chapter)

I finish my fic, then i post it a chapter a day

I will never post an unfinished fic. My last fic turned out to be a monster (over 50K words and 100+ pages) and it took me a year. I wasn't going to dangle people on for that long....nor do i want the pressure of 'i don't care how busy real life is i must post a chapter, even if it's drek)
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Oh Thanks for the link! I really enjoyed these fanfics!

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
              I agree, I don't like WIP's...for when I know that the fics aren't finished. I do thought I had some reliable authors which I knew would update and complete the fanfic, but after a few of those didn't do that at their last few fics(which are now already 1,5 year or so not updated) I gave up and only rarely read unfinished fanfics.

I must admit though that I can be blamed for not finishing a fanfic, I did that with the first one I wrote...I just ...stopped caring about it...even though it was mostly written...only I had to make a few clear chapters...but I just stopped...still have to take that story offline though.

As for the last one I updated and isn't finished yet. I hoped it would be totally updated around this time, since it is completely written, but I hadn't expected my beta to be that slow. I don't blame her, she's busy...so I wait and I am not settling for a lousy(or less good) beta because of this. (she makes my stories good and readable )
              But now I make for myself the rule(next time) I will start uploading a fic when it's totally beta'ed (and written). I think for me atm, it's a trail and error process...certainly since I'm used to writing short fanfics instead of "long" ones.

But I understand as a reader it's annoying when fanfics aren't updated regulary.
              sigpic

Comment

Hey all,

Does anyone know if Denise1's "Mirror, Mirror" (on ff.net) is a shippy fic or not? I'm not looking for hot and steamy, I just don't want it to turn out to be a general team fic. I know the summary says "General," but she puts that on all of her stuff.

Thanks,
                P.
                Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

part 1 is heavily au, ends with au sam and lorne
                  part 2 is sam and jack friendship
                  part 3, part 4, the team's together

friendship yes, wanna project some more, you can, overtly shippy, no.

no weddings, declarations of love or anything like that

two long sam and jack overtly shippy fic of mine are Evolution and Trinkets. both of those are completely and totally sam and jack shippy

the stuff that i deem sam and jack relationship centric (even if it's friendship) is here http://sjalways-forever.jackandsamforever.net/

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                    two long sam and jack overtly shippy fic of mine are Evolution and Trinkets. both of those are completely and totally sam and jack shippy

the stuff that i deem sam and jack relationship centric (even if it's friendship) is here http://sjalways-forever.jackandsamforever.net/
                    Sweet.

So, do I find Evolution and Trinkets on ff.net?

Edit: Oh, wait, YOU pick what oges on SJ always? Can I post my SJ stuff there? Or do you do that? Hmm? Thanks!

Edit x2: D'oh! Never mind! Yeesh.
                    Last edited by Pol; 06 March 2009, 08:59 PM.
                    Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

i think those stories are all on ff.net, they're also all on my site, Emerald City (link in my sig)
                      and the sam and jack focused ones are on s&jalways

and yeah, sam and jack always is one of those great 'upload them yourself' sites

sigpic

Comment

Little silly fun

Copying Equations

Author: xfirefly9x
                        Characters: Sam/Jack
                        Word Count: 364
                        Rating: T+
                        Summary: “You know,” Jack said, “I think I might actually be getting the hang of this.”
                        sigpic

Comment

Both recs here are a bit adult so no clicky if you've got a sensitive disposition to such topics . . .

Sugar for my Honey
                          http://pepper-field.livejournal.com/175241.html

&

Ficlet
                          http://holdouttrout.livejournal.com/153841.html
                          sigpic
                          Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

I am loving this story. It is a WIP and only on the 3rd chapter but it is very good.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4909423/...um_Interrupted

Comment

Originally posted by Xflsgrl View Post
                              I am loving this story. It is a WIP and only on the 3rd chapter but it is very good.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4909423/...um_Interrupted
                              You're right. It is quite entertaining Thanks for posting the rec here!
                              sigpic
                              Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Time Box by Rachel500 (Complete)

Summary: When Jack struggles to come to terms with Sam's new assignment, a freak accident finds him back in his past where he finds himself faced with the hardest dilemma of his life.
                                Fiction Rated: T
                                Adventure/Romance
                                Words: 48,840
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X