Correction...I have the links -

Naquadah Tipped Warheads & Banana Smoothies

The General The Colonel their Child and His Mother
    "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by canadianfolk View Post
      Is this the appropriate place to search for a fic? If not, I apologize, and can you please point me to the correct thread.

A friend of mine is looking for this one. Any help is appreciated!

"The story was set when Jack was a general in charge of the SGC. The SG1 (or maybe just Sam) goes on a mission with another team but are attacked. I think Sam goes back to help an injured guy and gets hurt herself. The wormhole closes and the when they "call back" she tells them that the dhd is destroyed and that there are still baddies around - therefore she's stranded and very soon...dead. I'm pretty sure Jack gets a portable jump-starter and rescues her. I have no idea when/where I saw this one. "
      Still looking for that one, and now she's lost this one I was just thinking of this fic the other day, and know I should know it, but ...

S&J end up in an alternate reality. Alt-S is a pianist (yay! Rodney!) and never joined the program. Alt-Sam's mother is still alive and she meets Our-Sam just before they figure out how to get home.

Help! Thanks.

Comment

Still looking for that one, and now she's lost this one I was just thinking of this fic the other day, and know I should know it, but ...

S&J end up in an alternate reality. Alt-S is a pianist (yay! Rodney!) and never joined the program. Alt-Sam's mother is still alive and she meets Our-Sam just before they figure out how to get home.

Help! Thanks.
        I read that fic...I just have to remember the title!

EDIT: I think that it's Worlds Apart by Soleya http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5727735/1/
        sigpic
        My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Yep, that's the one. Thanks for looking! Any thoughts on the other one???

Comment

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
            I read that fic...I just have to remember the title!

EDIT: I think that it's Worlds Apart by Soleya http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5727735/1/
            I just read that one recently and it was very good. Pretty much anything by Soleya is good.

Comment

"The story was set when Jack was a general in charge of the SGC. The SG1 (or maybe just Sam) goes on a mission with another team but are attacked. I think Sam goes back to help an injured guy and gets hurt herself. The wormhole closes and the when they "call back" she tells them that the dhd is destroyed and that there are still baddies around - therefore she's stranded and very soon...dead. I'm pretty sure Jack gets a portable jump-starter and rescues her. I have no idea when/where I saw this one. "
              Oh man, that sounds so familiar! It's possible that it's linked in the Sam-Whumping Fanfic List which has a fair amount of 'meh to great' stranded fics and s/j fics from all over the SG fanfic world. But it's a pretty overwhelming list without summaries, and would definitely take awhile to get through. It hasn't been updated in a few years, but from what I remember, it has lots of 'stranded' fics and stories that feature Sam being generally awesome. Sorry that's not more helpful- I'll also take a look through my saved links
              Last edited by marty88; 25 August 2011, 04:53 PM.

Comment

Is this the appropriate place to search for a fic? If not, I apologize, and can you please point me to the correct thread.

There is one that is similar to this, but in it Sam is thought to be dead, and they can't actually get back to the planet for quite some time. But when they do, they come across a mysterious person wearing a cloak and hood and who refuses to reveal their identity. The person gives them Sam's dog tags and says she is dead, and they should go back home. Does this sound anything like it?

And the other one is:
                http://web.archive.org/web/200509090...hoTheyAre.html, "Who They Are" by Gail Delaney (this one takes a moment for the link to work. In this one, Jack is a general and takes the loss of Sam very badly.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm pretty sure the Sam fic came off the Sam-whump list on ff.net but can't remember which it is. I'll ask my friend about the other two.

You gals rock!

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm pretty sure the Sam fic came off the Sam-whump list on ff.net but can't remember which it is. I'll ask my friend about the other two.

You gals rock!
                    I have that list saved, and I've been going through it to see if anything resembles your description. No luck yet. I'll look again tomorrow. In fact, I've been saving a bunch of the stories from it that I haven't already saved, so I can read them later.

Comment

could it be the Final Straw by Kirsty841?
                      in this one the dhd is broken, there isn't an injured guy, but the person Sam is with dies I think, and jack goes through...

http://kirsty841.livejournal.com/198092.html

Comment

From my friend "That's it! You're a genius. And it's...almost like I remembered LOL.

Phew.

You rock. Thanks!"

2 for 2 so far. You folks totally rock!

Comment

Can we make it 3 for 3?

"I'm surprised there haven't been more stories about Carter seeking out her mother via time travel/AltReality, considering the issues around it.

There was one where Sam & Jack see the (now not) young couple from 1969 in the supermarket. That's the only thing I remember about that story."

Can anyone help us? I was thinking about this the other day when 1969 aired. TIA!

Comment

Having survived the effects of Hurricane Irene moving over the Washington DC metropolitan area, I was drawn to re-read Karibou's Distant Storms rated M. She knows her science and describes the extreme weather event featured in the story very well.

WARNING: The 10-chapter story is incomplete. So, why do I bother recommending? Good question! We all can't abide incomplete works but this is an exception for me.

Karibou's 2008 published story is very nearly complete. Complete enough that if you are familiar with her work, the likely final chapter 11 is predictable. And, unlikely to be completed by her. So, why miss out on the action, adventure, science, angst and ROMANCE of this delightful and nearly complete story? Just sayin'...

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/645548/Karibou
                            sigpic

Comment

Can anyone rec some good fics set post-series, post Sam in Atlantis or circa-SGU timeframe for S/J?

Comment

Originally posted by Conn8d View Post
                                could it be the Final Straw by Kirsty841?
                                in this one the dhd is broken, there isn't an injured guy, but the person Sam is with dies I think, and jack goes through...

http://kirsty841.livejournal.com/198092.html
                                Totally my kind of story loved it!
                                If you always expect the worst you get only good news

Comment

Working...
                                X