Jack/Sam Fic Recs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pol View Post
    Double post, but I'm playing catchup here. I want to be sure to rec AkamaiMom's Taken.

This is a well-plotted, fun, fast read (though good-sized) and a truly enjoyable treat. I love the character of Glinda and think she'd make an excellent Grandmother (hint, hint, Sharon).

You won't be disappointed, this is a terrific Sam character story with great Sam/Jack implied, noted, discussed, etc... great job. In fact, I've recently employed one of the phrases from the fic with my own students, "Put on your big-girl pants and get it done." Excellent.

Enjoy.

Now you've got me blushing. . .

Thanks!
    sigpic
    My Stories: FFdotNet
    My Stories AO3
    Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

My undirected wanderings on YouTube brought up RDA the rocker and since Rick composes music in real life, a plot bunny burst forth from my brain. (Very messy that )

Here is the plot bunny:

Sam is at Pete's place and they are cuddling on the couch after dinner with the TV tuned to the Grammy awards telecast. An angsty ballad about forbidden love (that Cassie says she loves and Pete has just said he likes) has just played and the presenters announce it won for Best Song. The singer who co-wrote the song steps up the podium to accept the award.

While the events the song describes are well disguised, there are certain things that perfectly describe her's and Jack's relationship. After the song ends Sam makes up an excuse and goes home to her place. On the drive back and at her house Sam realizes that her feelings for Jack are just as strong as they ever were if not stronger.

That weekend Sam is at a mall having just come from a day out with some Academy friends when she sees the singer of the above song sitting and talking to Jack. She makes her way closer to spot where she can hear what they are talking about. Sam get there at about the same time as the singer hands Jack a Grammy that the singer had accepted and he says that his acceptance speech got cut-off before he could say that song was dedicated to 'Samantha from Jack'.

I'll leave it there for others to pick up.
      No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
      It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Originally posted by IggyMing View Post
        Never mind. I've found it

In case anyone's interested, it's Jessa4865's very funny "Serendipity":
        http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3730208/1/Serendipity
        Love that one. She's got some great stuff.

Taken is wonderful as well. I hope there will be others in the 'Glinda' series.
        sigpic
        Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

I'll give you a rec of my favorite short fanfic. I love angst filled long ones and I don't know why this fluffy short one has grown on me. ^^ I read it many times, and smile each time.

Hoping for the Cliche by Cassie Valentine
          sigpic
          Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
          My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
          Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post
            I'll give you a rec of my favorite short fanfic. I love angst filled long ones and I don't know why this fluffy short one has grown on me. ^^ I read it many times, and smile each time.

Hoping for the Cliche by Cassie Valentine
            Oh, sweet. Thanks for that rec!
            sigpic
            My Stories AO3

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
              I guess it would help if I actually read all the fics I have stored on my computer - I have that one saved, but I don't remember actually reading it. I save a lot of stuff for future reading, and just haven't gotten around to the actual reading of many of them. So now that I know which one you've described, I think I'll just go and read it.
              Saving stuff for future reading is a great idea, and something that I need to do. As for "Serendipity", it's a fun read. Let me know what you think of it.

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
              Love that one. She's got some great stuff.

Taken is wonderful as well. I hope there will be others in the 'Glinda' series.
              Isn't she great? I love her writing. Too bad she no longer writes SG fics; she does Law & Order SVU now.

And, I agree with you about Glinda -- can't get enough of her!

Comment

Hey all, I'm completely brand spankin' new to the ship, to the series, to it all. I don't know where I was 13 years ago when this show came on the air, but obviously I was blind. I'm in the Air Force and overseas right now and catching up on all of my TV and found Stargate. Watched the entire series in like a month (though now everything is blending together). I absolutely love it and I love Sam and Jack. Since there are 62 pages here, I thought I'd pose a question instead of searching forever for it...

Anyone rec any fics of Sam and Jack post-series? I liked their angst filled relationship for 8 years but I think they got together only after Threads and don't really like the fics where they take liberty in something happening beforehand.

Also, anyone know of any fics that take place around SGU time? Thanks

Comment

Welcome to the fandom!

I know I've read a lot of stories that take place after Threads.

Pol wrote several that take place after Threads. This one: Across the Ionan Sea takes place around SGU time.

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1554882/polrobin

Most of mine take place after Threads. Out of the Ashes around SGU time. http://www.fanfiction.net/u/158409/leiasky

I'm sure others will chime in with links soon
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Schmacky View Post
                    Hey all, I'm completely brand spankin' new to the ship, to the series, to it all. I don't know where I was 13 years ago when this show came on the air, but obviously I was blind. I'm in the Air Force and overseas right now and catching up on all of my TV and found Stargate. Watched the entire series in like a month (though now everything is blending together). I absolutely love it and I love Sam and Jack. Since there are 62 pages here, I thought I'd pose a question instead of searching forever for it...

Anyone rec any fics of Sam and Jack post-series? I liked their angst filled relationship for 8 years but I think they got together only after Threads and don't really like the fics where they take liberty in something happening beforehand.

Also, anyone know of any fics that take place around SGU time? Thanks
                    First of all, let me say "Welcome." And second, let me say, "Thank you for your service!"

A ton of the contributors on this thread either read or write a lot of fic--so you're asking the right people!

Spoilered for shameless self-promotion:

Spoiler:
                    These are my fics that meet your criteria--I haven't written anything specifically about SGU, so I can't help you there--but everything else on this list is S/J established after Threads. . .

I hope you enjoy--and most people around here are good at labeling their stories so that you have an idea of what's happening. Many people have links on their signatures that will guide you to their fanfic accounts. . .

Bicycles After Dinner

Two Sheets, One Blanket

Secretarial Pool

The Little Legume of Hope

Taken

Basket Cases

The Pier

Tooled

There are many, many quality writers in this fandom--and many of them have delved into the post-Threads story lines. Have fun!
                    sigpic
                    My Stories AO3

Comment

Alright! I have lots of reading to do! Thank you. And when I said SGU, I didn't mean about SGU.. I haven't even seen that show. I just meant it as a time frame.

Thanks again

Comment

Welcome Schmacky!!!

Here's an oldie but goodie...The Road to Minnesota by Ted Sadler
                        http://www.fanfiction.net/s/1567623/...d_to_Minnesota

First in Annerb's DC Series Out of Context
                        http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2896087/1/Out_of_Context
                        sigpic

Comment

Really cute story:

The NotSoAwkward Morning After

and really cute follow-up:

The NotSoInnocent Duvet Cover
                          Last edited by hedwig; 20 August 2010, 08:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
                            Double post, but I'm playing catchup here. I want to be sure to rec AkamaiMom's Taken.

This is a well-plotted, fun, fast read (though good-sized) and a truly enjoyable treat. I love the character of Glinda and think she'd make an excellent Grandmother (hint, hint, Sharon).

You won't be disappointed, this is a terrific Sam character story with great Sam/Jack implied, noted, discussed, etc... great job. In fact, I've recently employed one of the phrases from the fic with my own students, "Put on your big-girl pants and get it done." Excellent.

Enjoy.
                            Hint heeded.

Meeting the Bean
                            sigpic
                            My Stories AO3

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
                              Hint heeded.

Meeting the Bean

That's quite adorable...and its not done yet, right? Right?!

Am waiting for Jack to walk in....and Sam....
                              sigpic

Comment

Anybody remember a story where Jack went to a psychotherapist which led to him resolving issues and moving forward into a relationship with Sam?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X