Jack/Sam Fic Recs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kate1013 View Post
    Can anyone rec some good fics set post-series, post Sam in Atlantis or circa-SGU timeframe for S/J?
    a.loquita has a list of fic here: a.loquita fic - she has them broken down by when they take place (and it looks like she has four from when Sam took over the Hammond).

I'll pimp my own little ficlet (420 words): Command Decisions that gives a shippy take on a short scene in SGU.

Comment

Originally posted by Nynaeve506 View Post
      a.loquita has a list of fic here: a.loquita fic - she has them broken down by when they take place (and it looks like she has four from when Sam took over the Hammond).

I'll pimp my own little ficlet (420 words): Command Decisions that gives a shippy take on a short scene in SGU.
      Actually it was reading your little ficlet that inspired me to find more! But thanks! Haven't read a.loquita's stuff in a while, so off to reread...

Comment

Can anyone rec some good fics set post-series, post Sam in Atlantis or circa-SGU timeframe for S/J?
        3 of my 4 S/J fics are post-series. They are also the 3 that have a general audiences rating. Don't know if you will like them, but putting them out there since I haven't been reading much S/J lately, I can't come up with others off the top of my head.
        sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Here's a story I just came across. Lots of Sam and Jack "whumping". Sam saves the day and both of their lives, with the help of Jolinar's memories, and while being seriously injured herself.

The Many Shades of Night by Sharon Nuttycombe

Comment

mrspollifax has a nice one (rated M so linked to masterfic list)
            http://mrspollifax.livejournal.com/23276.html#sjfics
            Title: Last Watch Before Dawn
            Rating: Mature
            Characters/Pairing: Sam/Jack
            Season/Episode: Post-series, SGU era
            Spoilers: Only about what Sam's up to post-SGA
            Word Count: ~2900
            Summary: It takes time, her first night back; time to remember she's not sleeping in the tiny bunk in her quarters on the Hammond, that she's here, she's with him.

I've got a longish SGU/USS Hammond era S/J fic in the works, and knowing that there is a bit of an audience for this timeframe gives me motivation lol
            thanks
            Last edited by Conn8d; 29 August 2011, 10:37 PM. Reason: broken link issues

Comment

Originally posted by canadianfolk View Post
              Can we make it 3 for 3?

"I'm surprised there haven't been more stories about Carter seeking out her mother via time travel/AltReality, considering the issues around it.

There was one where Sam & Jack see the (now not) young couple from 1969 in the supermarket. That's the only thing I remember about that story."

Can anyone help us? I was thinking about this the other day when 1969 aired. TIA!
              It kind of sounds like it might be a story by Jessa4865 – “Serendipity (or The Brainwashing Aptitude of Otherwise Harmless Marketing Tactics)” (http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3730208/1/Serendipity). Hope this helps.

Comment

That's it! Thank you!!!

Comment

Here's a really good Sam/Jack adventure story with a Sam focus, when she goes off to try to find Jack, who has disappeared offworld, and winds up with pretty much the entire SGC helping her, in spite of the new commanding General of the SGC's orders.

The Quest by Jackie W.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                    Here's a really good Sam/Jack adventure story with a Sam focus, when she goes off to try to find Jack, who has disappeared offworld, and winds up with pretty much the entire SGC helping her, in spite of the new commanding General of the SGC's orders.

The Quest by Jackie W.
                    Jackie has a lot of great Sam/Jack fics.
                    No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
                    It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Here's a story I just came across. Lots of Sam and Jack "whumping". Sam saves the day and both of their lives, with the help of Jolinar's memories, and while being seriously injured herself.

The Many Shades of Night by Sharon Nuttycombe
                      That was an amazing story! I really enjoyed it!
                      sigpic
                      Thank you Astra Per Aspera for the sig....... My Fan Fiction

Comment

Originally posted by gater62 View Post
                        That was an amazing story! I really enjoyed it!
                        I laughed right out loud at the end when Sam and Jack are talking in the infirmary, and he says that if anyone asks...he jumped out the window instead of being thrown out!

Comment

I laughed right out loud at the end when Sam and Jack are talking in the infirmary, and he says that if anyone asks...he jumped out the window instead of being thrown out!
                          I did too! I actually meant to mention it, but I was distracted by my daughter putting on Dr. Who.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by iiradned View Post
                            Jackie has a lot of great Sam/Jack fics.
                            How did you find her page there? When I looked, it didn't give me anything for "Jackie W". The page I linked to is on samandjack.net, and has about 60+ stories of hers, so either page is a good one to look for others of her stories.

Comment

Okay, I just had to try another story by the same author and found The Long and Winding Road.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gater62 View Post
                                Okay, I just had to try another story by the same author and found The Long and Winding Road.
                                Thanks. I'll be adding that to my list and reading it eventually.

Comment

Working...
                                X