X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
    Oh, gosh, SF!!!

...I hope we didn't confuse poor roque even further!!
    It's possible. We confused me and I went to school here in the States.
    sigpic
    Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
    Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

Originally posted by Whytewytch View Post
      Happy Virgo to him!
      What would you say about a Scorpio born on November 7th when it comes to writing?
      sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
      https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Oh, gosh, SF!!!

...I hope we didn't confuse poor roque even further!!
        Totally lost
        sigpic
        Sig made by Nola
        Latest fic Thin Blue Veil

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
          What would you say about a Scorpio born on November 7th when it comes to writing?
          I found this. Oddly enough, my hubby, who is a Sagittarius, has many of those traits.
          sigpic
          Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
          Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

Originally posted by roque872002 View Post
            Totally lost
            Welcome to American government!
            sigpic

Comment

And here was me wanting to spend some time there too... After Canada of course... (I've been to America before on a 2 week holiday. Never been to Canada.)
              sigpic
              Sig made by Nola
              Latest fic Thin Blue Veil

Comment

And here was me wanting to spend some time there too... After Canada of course... (I've been to America before on a 2 week holiday. Never been to Canada.)
                It's a lovely place to visit, even to live in. It's just the system of government could use a bit of an overhaul. The way an old Edsel could use a bit of an overhaul.
                sigpic

Comment

The original Wretched Hive of Scum and Villainy.
                  sigpic
                  Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                  To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                  And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

That was cool, WW!
                    sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

It's a lovely place to visit, even to live in. It's just the system of government could use a bit of an overhaul. The way an old Edsel could use a bit of an overhaul.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                      Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
                      sigpic
                      now also appearing on DeviantArt
                      Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

I've been going over the contents of (military) medkits and found some helpful links online but I was wondering if anyone knew what Jack gave Rya'c in Bloodlines when the kid was suffering from scarlet fever? The transcript only says the following:

There's some vaccines, antibiotics.
                        (to Drey'auc)
                        Give me that water.
                        [He pours some powder into the drinking vessel and stirs it with the empty packet.]
                        O'NEILL
                        Give that to him.
                        [She does.]
                        DREY'AUC
                        I thank you.
                        O'NEILL
                        It won't cure him, you know. It'll take more powerful drugs than I've got with me.

I'm just asking because I was wondering if it was something that's standard in the medkit or if perhaps SG teams have some extras for things they might have to deal with off-world (especially in the more primitive societies)?
                        Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                        Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                        On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

SG teams probably pack some of the more potent broad-spectrum anti-biotics due to the nature of their work, that of traveling to other planets with bacteria and viruses that have evolved there to which SG teams would have no ingrained defenses.

One of the more unsavory episodes in the European colonization of the Americas was the use of smallpox infected blankets distributed to local populations by European settlers in the hopes that the disease would kill off the locals.
                          No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
                          It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
                            That was cool, WW!
                            Originally posted by SF_and_Coffee View Post
                            Glad I could help, ladies.
                            sigpic

Comment

Totally lost
                              awwww....sorry.

C'mon down! I will drive you around...

Originally posted by fems View Post
                              I've been going over the contents of (military) medkits and found some helpful links online but I was wondering if anyone knew what Jack gave Rya'c in Bloodlines when the kid was suffering from scarlet fever? The transcript only says the following:

There's some vaccines, antibiotics.
                              (to Drey'auc)
                              Give me that water.
                              [He pours some powder into the drinking vessel and stirs it with the empty packet.]
                              O'NEILL
                              Give that to him.
                              [She does.]
                              DREY'AUC
                              I thank you.
                              O'NEILL
                              It won't cure him, you know. It'll take more powerful drugs than I've got with me.

I'm just asking because I was wondering if it was something that's standard in the medkit or if perhaps SG teams have some extras for things they might have to deal with off-world (especially in the more primitive societies)?
                              Treating Scarlet Fever
                              If your child has a rash and the doctor suspects scarlet fever, he or she will usually take a throat culture (a painless swab of throat secretions) to see if the bacteria grow in the laboratory. Once a strep infection is confirmed, the doctor will likely prescribe an antibiotic for your child to be taken for about 10 days.
                              I think iiradned got it: Scarlet Fever is related to Strep, and is a bacterium that is treated with antibiotics...so I suppose that Jack probably gave an initial dose of antibiotic, but knew that Rya'c would need to be treated with additional doses (@10 days worth).
                              sigpic
                              sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                              "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

I think iiradned got it: Scarlet Fever is related to Strep, and is a bacterium that is treated with antibiotics...so I suppose that Jack probably gave an initial dose of antibiotic, but knew that Rya'c would need to be treated with additional doses (@10 days worth).
                                Fun fact............sorta.
                                I get Strep throat twice a year, have done since I was a child and just got over a bout of it. For the first time in near 30 years I was given 1 GRAM (not Mg) of Amoxycillin twice a day. I don't know if anyone would randomly carry around that kind of strength of antibiotics because you simply would not be capable of doing much of anything if you needed them.
                                sigpic
                                ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                                A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                                The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Working...
                                X