This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
    Check out HIPAA and see if it has provisions for federal employees/ the military.

Seaboe
    Fantastic idea!
    Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

Can anybody suggest a specific area in Scotland, probably somewhere in Inverness-shire, where large spacecraft (of Al'kesh to BC-304 size and lacking cloaks) could be landed without attracting any attention? Obviously it needs to be remote and isolated enough for locals and visitors not to see anything, and putting it in a valley or at least behind a mountain or ten would really help. Major bonus points (and green ) if you can specify an existing or better still former Ministry of Defence site.

I've already done some digging and currently my best bet is somewhere north of Loch Monar, but if anybody has better ideas please let me know.
      And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
      sigpic
      Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

On the subject of injuries, if say someone self harmed in like high school but received counseling and it was successful in helping them, and they've not tried again since. Would a CO need to know that, even if they were say civillian contracter, it's possible details for an Atlantis fic.
        sigpic
        McKay: A Bow and arrow, what is this, Lord of the Rings.
        Tony: Why do you think I call him Legolas.
        ff.net - a03 || Tumblr

Comment

Well, given that Her Majesty's Government are "in the know" about the Stargate program, you could potentially land an Al'kesh type craft somewhere in the vicinity of Fort George.
          sigpic
          Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
          To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
          And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

jack probably knew about sam's knife wound because it theoretically could have kept her off duty until it healed. I think that's sometimes the benchmark 'would the injury/illness keep them from doing their job or require them to take time off?'
            If so, you CO knows.

as to the self-harming, i would imagine that would have come up in the psych profile, unless someone powerful managed to have that info hidden or expunged.
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

^ Ah I didn't think of that, and thanks, I'm still ironing out character details right now.
              sigpic
              ff.net - a03 || Tumblr

Comment

Re: self harming might be in the profile, but if it has been long-resolved, I doubt it would be on the CO's short list of concerns.

And, my own question: if a senior officer (general) submitted his resignation letter to his CO, is receipt of that letter enough to consider him out of the chain of command...even if the President opts to refuse said resignation (which can happen to a general if the President considers him irreplacable) when the CO presents the letter to the President?
                sigpic
                sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

This is a bit of an odd request, but does anyone have a blank profile list, sort of like questionaire with questions like full name, date of birth, that sort of thing. Basically a blank list for personal details. It's for my website, I'm making a page to put profiles of my original characters on. No worries if no one has anything like this, I know it's an odd request.
                  sigpic
                  ff.net - a03 || Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Nikki Alexander View Post
                    This is a bit of an odd request, but does anyone have a blank profile list, sort of like questionaire with questions like full name, date of birth, that sort of thing. Basically a blank list for personal details. It's for my website, I'm making a page to put profiles of my original characters on. No worries if no one has anything like this, I know it's an odd request.
                    I don't have one saved, but they're all over the internet for download.
                    Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

Are you looking for an HTML version that you can plug into your site?

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                      Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
                      sigpic
                      now also appearing on DeviantArt
                      Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

^ Yeah, or just one where I can copy the fields and then paste it and then fill it out. If you know what I mean, either will be fine.
                        sigpic
                        ff.net - a03 || Tumblr

Comment

Well, if it's going on your website, you need HTML, no?

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                          Sum, ergo scribo...

sigpic
                          Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

^ I'm using weebly which is a free website builder, and you can add HTML, but you can add non HTML as well.
                            sigpic
                            ff.net - a03 || Tumblr

Comment

Ah okay.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                              Sum, ergo scribo...

sigpic

Comment

Like Amara said, they're all over the web. The only ones I have, I'm not allowed to share--they're a special for being a member of Savvy Authors & it explicitly said you can't share with non-members. However, joining SA is only $20 per year and they have a bunch of other useful forms, as well, as well as a crit crawler and classes and such. You could Google Sherrilyn Kenyon to see what her profiles look like, too.
                                sigpic
                                Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
                                Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

Working...
                                X