This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi there!

I'll definitely go with the Asgard. Apart from the fact that I loved Asgard characters like Thor or Hermiod, I also liked their stance on dealing with the rest of the world. They used their technology to explore and advance their scientific knowledge of the universe, while offering protection to less advanced races. And although strict by nature, they were open minded and caring towards their allies.

I secretly hoped the Pegasus Asgards would end up embracing the principles of their race, had the story continued...

Comment

My favorite race would be the Pod People from the episode One False Step. I loved how calm, playful, gentle and connected they were. They literally rely on the nature around them to survive. I think SG1 learned a lot from them. They didn't need to speak to connect with one another. <3

Comment

My favorite alien race is the Furlings. They sound cute and fuzzy, like Ewoks.
        sigpic

Comment

If you define "alien" as non-earth born, I would say the most interesting were the people of Novus. The idea of human descendants who began their society and technology two-thousand years ago, with the jumpstart of today's technology levels, was intriguing - having solved ALS already, as an example. How they would have progressed from there, what they would have discovered, was all the beginnings of a very interesting plot. I would loved to have met the Futurans of Novus. That would have been fun!

Comment

My favorite aliens are the Ancients - the most advanced species known to have existed. They built the Stargates. No Stargates, no show. And that would have been tragic for everyone.

Comment

Definitely the Asgard. They saw the potential of the Tau'ri and trusted them with all of the knowledge. That's quite a leap from where they started. Plus they were protectors of the galaxy. Helping and shielding those who could not help themselves. They even named a ship after O'Neill. It doesn't get much better than that!

Comment

My favorite people were the Nox because they held true to that in which they believed and allowed others to make their own decisions as long as they did not interfere with the Nox.

Comment

My favorite alien race is the Tok'ra. I like how they live in harmony with their hosts rather than taking over the host and its mind completely. I also like the way that blending is consensual.

Comment

I think my choice would be the ancients because of how complicated and mysterious they are at times.

Comment

My favorite race are the humans and the Jaffa for one of the main themes they provide throughout the stargate series... hope. The hope for understanding, the hope for purpose, the hope for truth, the hope for bettering ones self through perseverance. This is a theme that carries into real life and is one the drives us all.

Comment

I'm going to have to go with The Ancients. They always seem to be one step ahead & ascension is intriguing.

Comment

While every single alien race paid an integral part to this series, my favorite alien race from SG-1 were the Tollan.

While they were an amazing race, which survived the volcanic devastation their planet was wrought in season one, they were a totally advanced human race. Hell, they even built their own Stargate! They had a hard-line stance for less advanced races in which they labeled them as ‘primitive.’ But they did have the technological superiority. The one episode which featured them that sold me on them is when they hosted the trial of Skarra and what to do with the goa’uld Klorel.

In my opinion, I feel if the demise of Apophis wouldn’t have occurred, and Anubis taking over those reins, the Tollan could have become quite a dominant force in the series should they have applied their superior science and thought about their actions with a strategic mindset. In general, their own arrogance was their unfortunate undoing.

Comment

My favorite alien race from all of the Stargate shows is definitely the Furlings. The reason for this should be fairly obvious. The Furlings are never seen, except in a bizarre flash from the proposed movie in the 200th episode of SG-1. I always held out hope that we would eventually meet them in the series. But since we never did, I'll just keep hoping for the next movie.

Comment

The Furlings have always been my favorite. They made such an impact on the galaxy and paved the way for the future along with the ancients. Their contributions to galactic society is immeasurable.

Comment

The Wraith. Because despite them being created from experimentation, they have a sort of artiness to them. They experiment despite being experiments themselves, they create a culture despite their status against humans and most of all; they are beings of life constantly worthy of life despite having to feed on us.
                                Back from the grave.

Comment

Working...
                                X