Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Creation Vancouver Con 2010 (April 15-18)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vecturist View Post
    I'm in G27 if someone wants to add me to the seating chart.
    Yay!!

*waves to row G*

Comment

Originally posted by mamasue9 View Post
      Yay!!

*waves to row G*
      So much for saying I'd never do the Vancouver con!
      sigpic

Comment

Are we there yet? Are we there yet?

I just realised the con is in the middle of April rather than at the beginning like this year....that's two whole extra weeks I have to wait *grumble grumble*

So much for saying I'd never do the Vancouver con!

Bloody things are addictive aren't they?!
        The Wraith the Wraith are a very bad race. A very bad race indeed
        Next convention: Creation LA SG/FS/Eureka WH13 Sanctuary TriCon

Comment

Originally posted by Kathryn View Post
          Are we there yet? Are we there yet?

I just realised the con is in the middle of April rather than at the beginning like this year....that's two whole extra weeks I have to wait *grumble grumble*

But hopefully the weather will be warmer and drier!...

Deeds xx
          sigpic
          Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
          MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Originally posted by discodiva View Post

Deeds xx

Ah I was one of the people that was excited that it was snowing in the city...granted the constant drizzling rain wasn't as fun

Comment

Ah I was one of the people that was excited that it was snowing in the city...granted the constant drizzling rain wasn't as fun
              I am trying to remember the last time I saw snow...
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pavaneofstars View Post
                Hey all! Bought my Gold weekend pass last weekend. G29 if someone would please add me to the seating chart!

I was there for the con in 07, my first ever Stargate con. What magic! Set tours, hot guys, Save Carson Beckett Rally, and location tour (not creation's, but a group of us rented a car and drove around Vancouver), David Hewlett, ADB - much awesomeness!!! \o/
                I'm in G27 if someone wants to add me to the seating chart.
                I’ve added you both, good to see you are both coming back again! 2007 was my first con too! That was fun, I haven’t been able to stop going since!

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w...couver2010.jpg

Originally posted by discodiva View Post

Deeds xx
                I’m hoping too, considering the year before we had lovely sunshine and warm weather! It can be anyone’s guess what the weather does in Vancouver in April! So far the weather is making up for being so dry for most of this year by being pretty wet and working its way to being the wettest November in a long time.

Comment

Go row 'G' G for Gate! G for Great. 07 was my first con, too! Coinkidink?
                  Oh, I can't wait!!! Anyone know of updates on pics? Like what day David is doing his photos?
                  sigpic
                  Sig by im_meli
                  More random Hewlett nerdery on my LJ

Comment

I am trying to remember the last time I saw snow...
                    Today!! It might snow tomorrow.......

Last year in Vancouver, I was the one wearing shorts! To me it was nice and warm, after all I had left the snow and cold at home. The little bit of snow that fell while at the Con was nothing.

Sadly, I will not be at the Con this year. It occurs during the hockey playoff and I will be working, and I can't afford to come either.

Comment

Originally posted by RinkRat View Post

Last year in Vancouver, I was the one wearing shorts! To me it was nice and warm, after all I had left the snow and cold at home. The little bit of snow that fell while at the Con was nothing.

Sadly, I will not be at the Con this year. It occurs during the hockey playoff and I will be working, and I can't afford to come either.
                      Mid-April in AZ means it's in the 90s and we're wondering which day will be the first temps will hit 100F!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RinkRat View Post

We'll miss you!

The snow in Vancouver is still colder and heavier than what I've experienced in the UK! The boots I bought in the last major snowfall I experienced in the UK did nothing when I wore them for the first time in snow in Vancouver! My feet were freezing in them here, whilst they were really cozy in UK snowfall. So I can understand how people do get used to certain weather conditions that are normal to their areas! My son's friend staying with us from the UK is experiencing his first winter in Vancouver and is saying he is really suffering from the cold, now I don't really know what his problem is, I guess I've got used to it now! He's a lot happier now he's bought 'Canadian boots, hat, gloves and a jacket' lol.

My son has become a true Canadian now as far as developing a love of hockey goes and has developed into a Vancouver Canucks fan! He went to see them on Friday playing against Colorado, he was over the moon with going to his first live game. All thanks to my daughter who got him two tickets out of the blue through the company she works for. She found out that her company is one of the Canuck's sponsors, so employees get a chance to buy discounted tickets at times.

He took the friend from the UK, who has also become interested in hockey in the few months he's been with us! Both say they find hockey a lot more exciting to watch than the UK national sport of football (soccer)! I had this funny image in my head of two Brits shouting "come on mate?!" in loud British accents when decisions went against the Canucks!

Comment

Mid-April in AZ means it's in the 90s and we're wondering which day will be the first temps will hit 100F!
                          Don't remind me.... I look forward to going somewhere where it's cooler and rainy.

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
                            We'll miss you!

The snow in Vancouver is still colder and heavier than what I've experienced in the UK! The boots I bought in the last major snowfall I experienced in the UK did nothing when I wore them for the first time in snow in Vancouver! My feet were freezing in them here, whilst they were really cozy in UK snowfall. So I can understand how people do get used to certain weather conditions that are normal to their areas! My son's friend staying with us from the UK is experiencing his first winter in Vancouver and is saying he is really suffering from the cold, now I don't really know what his problem is, I guess I've got used to it now! He's a lot happier now he's bought 'Canadian boots, hat, gloves and a jacket' lol.

My son has become a true Canadian now as far as developing a love of hockey goes and has developed into a Vancouver Canucks fan! He went to see them on Friday playing against Colorado, he was over the moon with going to his first live game. All thanks to my daughter who got him two tickets out of the blue through the company she works for. She found out that her company is one of the Canuck's sponsors, so employees get a chance to buy discounted tickets at times.

He took the friend from the UK, who has also become interested in hockey in the few months he's been with us! Both say they find hockey a lot more exciting to watch than the UK national sport of football (soccer)! I had this funny image in my head of two Brits shouting "come on mate?!" in loud British accents when decisions went against the Canucks!
                            Now if they get into Curling..."The transformation will be complete" (cue Darth Vader heavy breathing).
                            Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

Originally posted by mamasue9 View Post
                              I went on the 8:15am tour.
                              We did the 6-whatever am tour - it seemed like a good idea at the time......will have to see whether we do the same if there's a karaoke party Friday night.

143 days to go!!!

Comment

We did the 6-whatever am tour - it seemed like a good idea at the time......will have to see whether we do the same if there's a karaoke party Friday night.

143 days to go!!!
                                I may take the 11-ish tour next time since the con doesn't start until 2pm-ish. And, I won't be bidding on 'backstage passes' or 'lunch/drinks with the actors' that may interfere with that set tour time slot.

Comment

Working...
                                X