Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Creation Vancouver Con 2010 (April 15-18)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kathryn View Post
    I'm still kicking myself that I didn't get an Amanda/Michael photo in Vancouver this year

I had to share mine with the hubby......Michael was my "treat", Amanda was his!....

Well worth the money!...

Deeds xx
    sigpic
    Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
    MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Lovely photo Deeds. I just wish I was photogenic...

Comment

Originally posted by mamasue9 View Post

Trust me....hours of careful hair and make up first thing in the morning helped give me a step up nearer to the other 3 beautiful people in the picture!!...

Deeds xx
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AnnieS View Post
          Has Jonathan been on Stargate.

Yup twice as Dr Parrish, once in Runner, and once in Remnants.

Originally posted by discodiva View Post
          Trust me....hours of careful hair and make up first thing in the morning helped give me a step up nearer to the other 3 beautiful people in the picture!!...

Deeds xx
          That's a gorgeous photo Deeds! Yes I agree, there's quite a lot of prep time going on in the bathroom before a photo op...that's why I prefer a morning photo op, when everything is still where it's meant to be.
          The Wraith the Wraith are a very bad race. A very bad race indeed
          Next convention: Creation LA SG/FS/Eureka WH13 Sanctuary TriCon

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
            Yes, people are buying food/paying mortgages instead...

A price breakdown…some prices like autographs, tickets, photo ops, are solid (well, took guess on 'cheap' ticket for full weekend) And based on that if you're going, you sorta want it ALL since you're traveling halfway across the country, or world, or whatever..
            Uh, don't remind me of the costs. Generally speaking the whole convention stuff is crazy. But: I've attended four cons so far. And had a blast every single day. Especially the last one in L.A. was among the best weekends of my life. It's definitely worth it for me. And I try to ignore the costs so far as it is possible.

Of course, I have to draw the line somewhere. I can't attend all the cons and can't do all the things I would like. For example I would love to do some special events. But there is no way I can afford them. Especially in Vancouver.

This has been my first convention year. I think the more cons I'll attend the less money I'll spend there. Because I don't "need" with everyone a photo op and an (additional) autograph each time. There are just a few actors where I can't resist doing that stuff every time.

Originally posted by bikerchic1977 View Post
            if u don't buy everything at once (ie: con tix now, airfare in a few months, hotel paid for when u get there) you don't have to think about just how big a hole it's putting in ur wallet.. lol..
            Yes, I refuse to add all the expenses together in the end. I really don't want to know how crazy I really am.

Well speaking purely for myself I'm absolutely looking forward to a Michael/Joe photo shoot so I hope they don't muck about with it....I've had a Joe/Paul, Michael/Cliff and Michael/Amanda already and can't wait for this one....

Deeds xx
            You're not alone. I'm also looking forward to it. This will be an interesting combination. I just love to have photos with them. And now they are together... Especially since Michael gives great hugs and Joe seems to enjoy them not so much.

I had to share mine with the hubby......Michael was my "treat", Amanda was his!....

Deeds xx
            Great pic. Just, your hubby keeps his distance, doesn't he?

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
            That's great to hear you're coming again! You've been added to the list.

I would find it very strange now if there wasn't a Stargate con for me to go to every year!

Thanks and I'm looking forward to meeting you again. Sadly, I still haven't moved to Vancouver.

Since I've become immediately addicted to conventions I also can't imagine being without a Stargate con.
            sigpic

Comment

I haven't really posted more than a few times on this forum but I just bought my Gold Member tickets! I'm going to be in seat G7.

I think the most exciting part of this for me is going to be meeting other fans. I've rarely met anyone who has similar interests to me so I really look forward to that.

Comment

Originally posted by JEC View Post
                I haven't really posted more than a few times on this forum but I just bought my Gold Member tickets! I'm going to be in seat G7.

I think the most exciting part of this for me is going to be meeting other fans. I've rarely met anyone who has similar interests to me so I really look forward to that.
                Welcome! I'm sure you will have tons of fun.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lea View Post
                  I am happy about David Hewlett. Since two years I am waiting for an convention with David AND Joe. I was hopeful for a photo shoot with Joe and David together....and now? She are coming for miscellaneous days....

I mean Michael is an great guest....but why we can get a Michael/Joe photo but no David/Joe photo?
                  I asked Adam at Creation about a David/Joe photo and he said they'd try, but he thought there might have been a scheduling conflict. So, they're aware we want it. *fingers crossed*

I'm looking forward to the Michael/Joe photo though too, as that's pretty unusual, and I like both of them.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by silvercomet View Post
                    You're not alone. I'm also looking forward to it. This will be an interesting combination. I just love to have photos with them. And now they are together... Especially since Michael gives great hugs and Joe seems to enjoy them not so much.
                    Oh yes he does.....this is from Chicago this year...

Still waiting for my Joe F/Paul McG one........Joe was quite animated when I walked up to him.....Paul said "Oh, I like your hair!" and Joe smiled and said "Mmm, Fire!".......I didn't ask for a hug though as it was my first Photo Op with Joe....got one from Paul in Vancouver though....

Great pic. Just, your hubby keeps his distance, doesn't he?
                    Yes, his loss........I told him that he should have moved closer....

Deeds xx
                    sigpic

Comment

WOW!...Hope all will be ok in Vancouver if this little lot hits......

Flood Warnings All Over

Keep us posted on your safety Krisz and Annie!!....

Oh and well done the Canucks for beating The Avalanche 8-2...\0/\0/\0/

Deeds xx
                      Last edited by discodiva; 15 November 2009, 08:37 AM.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mamasue9 View Post
                        me too

So if anybody is still looking for an room....we have a suite for 4 and are 3. So send an pm.
                        *Vancouver Con Attendee 2006* *Vancouver Con Attendee 2007*
                        *Vancouver Con Attendee 2008* *Vancouver Con Attendee 2009*
                        *Vancouver Con Attendee 2010* *Vancouver Con Attendee 2011*

* Vancouver Con Attendee 2012 *

Comment

Still waiting for my Joe F/Paul McG one........Joe was quite animated when I walked up to him.....Paul said "Oh, I like your hair!" and Joe smiled and said "Mmm, Fire!".......I didn't ask for a hug though as it was my first Photo Op with Joe....got one from Paul in Vancouver though....

Deeds xx
                          What? You still haven't got your Chicago pic?! What a bummer. I had the impression they sent them a few weeks ago.
                          sigpic

Comment

What? You still haven't got your Chicago pic?! What a bummer. I had the impression they sent them a few weeks ago.
                            I didn't order mine until about 6 weeks ago.....I went straight on a 4 and a half week Road Trip across the US after the Con weekend and didn't get home to the UK until the end of September....I left it a couple of weeks after that before I ordered it...I'll email Chris next week if it hasn't arrived....we've had postal strikes etc over here so I'm not unduly worried....if I have a problem I'm sure Chris will sort it, even if it means emailing me the jpeg....he's done that before when I've had something that needed sorting!...

Deeds xx
                            sigpic

Comment

I didn't order mine until about 6 weeks ago.....I went straight on a 4 and a half week Road Trip across the US after the Con weekend and didn't get home to the UK until the end of September....I left it a couple of weeks after that before I ordered it...I'll email Chris next week if it hasn't arrived....we've had postal strikes etc over here so I'm not unduly worried....if I have a problem I'm sure Chris will sort it, even if it means emailing me the jpeg....he's done that before when I've had something that needed sorting!...

Deeds xx
                              I met Chris in L.A. last week. He is really a great guy. And I totally blame him that I did way more photo ops than I had intended.

It's a pity that he probably won't come to Vancouver.
                              sigpic

Comment

I met Chris in L.A. last week. He is really a great guy. And I totally blame him that I did way more photo ops than I had intended.

It's a pity that he probably won't come to Vancouver.

Oh what? How come?? The photos from LA were awesome...so much better than my Vancouver ones.....Noooooooo!!
                                The Wraith the Wraith are a very bad race. A very bad race indeed
                                Next convention: Creation LA SG/FS/Eureka WH13 Sanctuary TriCon

Comment

Working...
                                X