Stargate Space Trading Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Space Trading Game

I've started creating a space trading game based on the world that stargate is set. The game is a 2D style space trading game and will be using the ideas of game play used in StarPort : GE and Star Sonata.

I've started to throw together a small wiki of the bits and pieces of what the game will include.

http://ketelle.devjavu.com/wiki/StarGateTrader

I'm still coding the basic functionality into the game at the moment but am trying to come up with as much story boarding etc before I get too deep in to code and have to rewrite the whole thing due to a new direction of thought.

Please read and see what you think, I'd love to hear some feedback and if you would like to be involved drop me an email with your area of skills and what you'd like to help with and I'll get back to you.
    Last edited by dripster82; 17 March 2009, 06:15 AM. Reason: Adding additional text

Twitter
    Website / Wiki

Update:

I'm curently in the early stages of development. I have some basic game play working at the moment :
    • You can fly your ship around the solar system.
    • Fire weapons.
    • Take damage by hiting astoroids, planets and getting too close to the sun.
    • Shields Drain when damaged and Recharge over time.
    • Power Drains when you fire weapons.

My aim is to have a solar system sorted where you can dock with a spacestation or colony and do some trading. When I get this done I'll post a demo for people to try.

Twitter
    Website / Wiki

Comment

it sounds quite good
      [url]http://www.stargatewars.com/recruit.phphttp:sigpic

Comment

Thanks Name.

I'm still trying to think up some more story missions for the other routes and chapters. but I put that on hold to spend some more time on getting the first stage demo completed.
        If you or any one has some ideas for story missions then I'd be glad to hear from you.

Twitter
        Website / Wiki

Comment

It does sound good, and good lik!God speed
          sigpic

My fan-fic, swedish outpost

Comment

cant wait till the first demo comes out.
            i will tell my ideas when it comes out and hopefully help youre progress with youre game.
            one question: can you chose a race to play (if not it might be an idea )
            Last edited by ramklov; 17 March 2009, 12:04 PM.

Comment

Good luck!

Ronon looses his temper over the weapons console and starts punching it
              Sheppard: Easy, Chewie! Those buttons are your friends! Just keep trying!
              Ronon: I'M TRYING!!!!

Comment

i found a wrong thing in youre wiki. if you look at the last ship it sais X-302 but i think it should be X-303

Comment

Good idea mate keep up the good work.

Continuing Stargate Virtual Fleet Link Below

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=63923

Comment

Originally posted by ramklov View Post
                    cant wait till the first demo comes out.
                    i will tell my ideas when it comes out and hopefully help youre progress with youre game.)
                    As soon as I have a demo available and require testers I'll let you know.

one question: can you chose a race to play (if not it might be an idea )
                    Choose Race - Not quite

The plan was you could select your characters background
                    Character Selection
                    you would be able to choose:
                    • Ex-SGC Member
                    • Rebel Jaffa
                    • Ex-Trust Member
                    • Hebridan Trader
                    • Planet Trader
                    • Lucian Alliance Member

Was thinkng of adding more characters when I could think of them. So now tha you have mentioned it I'll add an Asgard Trader or something to the mix.

Rramklov thankyou for spotting that typo, Yes it should have been X-303.

Also I've setup a StarGate Trader Twitter where I'll be adding ideas and progress updates as I go along.
                    http://twitter.com/StarGateTrader

Twitter
                    Website / Wiki

Comment

but will you tell youre updates also here?

and sorry for that race idea i found out that you can choose characters after i posted it

Comment

but will you tell youre updates also here?
                        Yes I'll still post updates here, but they will not be as frequent as on Twitter.

Twitter Tweets will be like:
                        "I've finally got the shield glow animate finished"
                        or
                        "5hrs of bug tracking it was just a simply typo"

Where as the Forum posts will be more of a summary of the Tweets and will include more description / details

Twitter
                        Website / Wiki

Comment

hey mate any idea when you will have a demo out?

die smilies

i hate bullies

the fate of the world is hanging in the balance and your've been sitting in your truck finishing this?
                          i believe it was double or nothing.
                          ok, 3 letters, 23 across, the atomic weight of boron, the answer is 10.
                          yes.
                          you wrote the word fat.
                          your point?

proud supporter/player of stargatewars- ask me if you want my help joining.
                          http://www.stargatewars.com/recruit....d=vq1188723458

Comment

Originally posted by omyfid View Post
                            hey mate any idea when you will have a demo out?
                            Currently I have no idea. Every time I think I'm close I think of something else that needs doing. I might release a pre-demo. that will just have the solar system and your ship to fly around, without the station docking or any other ships in system (have not done the AI yet).

Twitter
                            Website / Wiki

Comment

i think in terms of current story its a bit too limited. its essentially SG1 with a little difference.

perhaps place it in a new universe. you can be wraith, Pegasgard, traveller, genii, etc. or start in the MW. there is a kind of ferry between the galaxies. its expensive. and you essentially travel around and find out what is different.

Speciesraces)
                              Human(eartheans, orbanians, hebridans, aschen, genii, travellers)
                              Asgard(Asgard/Vanaheim(pegasgard))
                              Jaffa(FJN/Illac Renin/Loyalists(goauld followers))
                              Goauld(rogue symbionts/tokra)
                              Gadmeer(gadmeer)
                              Altairan(free altairans(robots) or altairans under governmental rule)
                              Last edited by thekillman; 18 March 2009, 06:22 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X