My fan-fic, swedish outpost

Comment

so how is it progressing?

there wasnt any post here or in twitter for some days

Comment

On twitter it says this:
        SGT 0.1a is still on for next friday 3rd April Release

Ronon looses his temper over the weapons console and starts punching it
        Sheppard: Easy, Chewie! Those buttons are your friends! Just keep trying!
        Ronon: I'M TRYING!!!!

Comment

So on friday?
          sigpic

My fan-fic, swedish outpost

Comment

just look up that is what the twitter sais

Comment

Soz for being absent from the thread for a while. I see you get my Tweets over the weekend.

I've been a smidge busy as my wife has been off ill, so I've been looking after her.

Any how, I've made some additions to the Game with adding the Firing Modes in which are quite nice when you have a few weapons the same installed on your ship. The ballistic is my favorite. especially when you have 7 Weapon Pods the same. Though I'm unsure of when that will be possible but I was toying with the idea that you could buy conversion modules that would convert some cargo space into a weapon pod, or something like. or even canablise the hull to make more space for other modules or cargo space. just ideas.

any way going of track again. The SGT 0.1a Release is this Friday Whether I have every thing ready or not. Though so far I have most things sort I wanted to get sorted.

Here is a a link to the project tracker I'm using
              http://www.pivotaltracker.com/projects/11547

you'll also see what I've got planned for the next release

Currently I'm working on Training Drones though I'm struggling a bit with a good AI for the more advanced Training Drones. So if any one has done computer AI for games I'd be interested in your approach.

Twitter
              Website / Wiki

Comment

bigger ships=>more weapon pods. smaller weapons=more weapons per pod.

get it?

so a Deadalus has many more pods, but, say, an APBW takes up the space of 6 railguns and the power of 10 railguns.

Comment

APBW ???

Was thinking of making the weapons work like this.

ships have x space for weapons but can only has x Weapon Pods / Control Stations.
                  This means a ship has
                  50 space for weapons
                  2 Weapon Pods / Control Stations

so could have
                  2 nuclear missiles each taking 10 space = 20 space
                  6 Rail guns each taking 5 space = 30 space

however it couldn't have

2 nuclear missiles each taking 10 space = 20 space
                  2 Rail guns each taking 5 space = 10 space
                  2 Laser cannons each taking 10 space = 20 space

this config meets space requirements but not the 2 Weapon Pod requirement as it uses 3 weapon pods not 2.

Twitter
                  Website / Wiki

Comment

yea, like that.

APBW=Asgard Plasma Beam Cannon.

Comment

Dripster, are you going to put music and sfx on later demos?

Ronon looses his temper over the weapons console and starts punching it
                      Sheppard: Easy, Chewie! Those buttons are your friends! Just keep trying!
                      Ronon: I'M TRYING!!!!

Comment

yeah the plan is to add music, sfx and even to odd cut scene if I can manage to decicde what and where.

Ideally I'd like to add CGI cutscenes so I'm not ripping of the tv show directly. How at the moment I don't have the skills to do CGI and it's far too much work and to early to ask if anyone fancies doing me them.

Twitter
                        Website / Wiki

Comment

perhaps do simple ones. like, when docking, you see a short "docking" cutscene. and when you hyperspace, you see a cutscene

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                            perhaps do simple ones. like, when docking, you see a short "docking" cutscene. and when you hyperspace, you see a cutscene
                            Was only thinking of having cutscenes for the Story line and not the day to day gaming bits. Otherwise seeing a cutscene every time you docked would drive you insane. or atleast me.

Currently pulling my hair out as I can't seem to do some simple trig maths. aarrrgh.
                            As a result the training drone fires in the wrong direction and not at your ship.

Quick Q&A:
                            Should you have to slow down to pickup floating cargo to avoid destroying it or should you be able to pick it up at any speed ?
                            Currently I've got it set to be destroyed if above a certain speed, and casues to ship to slow down.

Twitter
                            Website / Wiki

Comment

yup do a minimal speed. ever played flashtrek? or Flashgate? when you move at a certain speed, the stars get a "warp" effect. i think you could introduce something like that. or add a speedometer. count in PSL (percentage of Lightspeed. so 10PSL=30 million m/s). for fighters/shuttles, use units of 10000 M/s

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                                yup do a minimal speed. ever played flashtrek? or Flashgate? when you move at a certain speed, the stars get a "warp" effect. i think you could introduce something like that. or add a speedometer. count in PSL (percentage of Lightspeed. so 10PSL=30 million m/s). for fighters/shuttles, use units of 10000 M/s
                                Never played them before but just had a quick look. yeah I do like the way i does the star blur when going near top speed.
                                I'll look at playing with the speed after the SGT 0.1a Release. that way you guys can see what I've done and then rip it all apart.

FYI : I sorted my trig issue out.

Twitter
                                Website / Wiki

Comment

Working...
                                X