No announcement yet.

Graphic Arts Tutorials, Textures, Resources Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ooooh, gorgeous! *snurch* How did you make it?
    ~Thanks to Achaja for my lovely birthday presents!!~

Comment

Originally posted by LiliJ View Post
      i was going to ask that, I never tried on making textures since i haven't a clue how people do it.
      so a tutorial would be appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by LiliJ View Post
        Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
        i was going to ask that, I never tried on making textures since i haven't a clue how people do it.
        so a tutorial would be appreciated
        I tut would involve remembering how I did it and I have a non-existant short term memory I'll see if I can retrace my steps (there were only a couple, just shows how bad my memory is )
        What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

Tut for my texture (alot easier than it looks )
          Spoiler:
          I used Photoshop Elements btw

I started with this photo that my brother took on his phone at a Kings of Leon gig

I then darkend the midtones: 'Enhance' >> 'Adjust Colour' >> 'Colour Variations' >> Darken midtones.

Then I put on a Gaussian Blur: 'Filters' >> 'Blur' >> 'Gaussian Blur' >> Radius 6.5 pixels.

Then put on a Water Paper effect: 'Filters' >> 'Sketch' >> 'Water Paper' >> I set the contrast to about 70-75 , Brightness to 64 and Fiber Length 15.

Done
          What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
            http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l152/RepliCartertje/Headers/Jane-Austen3.jpg

Tutorial:
            Made in PS CS3 - but it is translatable to PSP and Gimp

Spoiler:
            1. Open new document and add this layer:

2. Add this layer, and put it on blending mode: soft light.

3. Layer > New adjustment layer > Color balance:
            * Shadows: 0, 11, 0
            * Midtones: -32, -26, 7
            * Highlights: -21, 16, 0

4. Add your picture of Sam/Jack, and put the blending mode on Hard light.
            (this step works the best with grey, black or white background)

5. Add this brush, underneath the layer of the picture or underneath the layer of the colour balance (I did underneath the colour balance)

6. Duplicate the picture and move it around, put the blending mode on Soft light, and opacity 40%

7. Add this texture, put the blending mode on screen:

8. Add your text, and put a stroke around your text. I used this font: http://www.dafont.com/jellyka-saint-andrews-queen.font

9. Merge down and add a stroke around your header.
            Can't wait to try that one out. I have to do my taxes tonight, but maybe tomorrow!

Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post
            I um, made a texture... never made one before

A couple of colour variants:

Cazz
            , that turned out amazing!! I totally snurched. Thanks.
            sigpic
            Sig made by me

Comment

A new siggie, very simple one

And a tut

Spoiler:
              1. New file (600x180)

2. Resize and place the four pictures on it.

1. 2. 3. 4.

3. Tesla's pic (4.) needs a little more work. Flip it horizontaly and go

Image-> Adustments-> Curves

Channel RGB; Output 70; Input 45;

Then some color corections

Image-> Adustments-> Selective color

Reds: -11; +96; 0; 0

yellows: -100; -53; -71; 0

4. Sharpen each pic and smooth out the skin with the blur tool.

5. With a soft brush erase the parts that are overlapping and anything you don't want there

6. The John picture has the SciFi logo on it, so with the clone tool take samples around it and cover the logo

7. Set this gradient map to soft light

8. With the eye dropper tool take a color sample from the sig for the text (in this case it's #977148)

9. Wrote "good friends" with Algerian font and added drop shaddow and outer shaddow

10. "difficult times" in Ariel Black, on a layer under the text draw the box and fill it with black color. Add drop shadow using the same color as the text.

11. On a layer under the the text (above the gradient) add some splater and flower brushes (still working with the same color)

12. Fill a layer with #02052f. Set to exclusion

13. New stamp. Set to color dodge 30%

14. New Adjustment layer -> Brightness/Contrast 8;26

15. Black and white gradient map set to soft light 45%

16. New stamp. Add smart sharpen: Amount 59%; Radius 0,8 (take the blur tool again and smooth out and skin where it's needed)

17. On a new layer add a 2point stroke in black color and you're done

sigpic

Comment

Love all the new tutorials and you guys have me addicted to photoshop!

Thanks, Replicarter for suggesting the other methods instead of selective colouring, as I use photoshop elements 5.0 and it doesn't appear to have that function either.
                sigpic
                Thanks to Jumble for the icon and siggy.
                My ff.net My Own Website

Comment

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
                  A new siggie, very simple one

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/h...p/e31061ae.jpg

And a tut

Spoiler:
                  1. New file (600x180)

2. Resize and place the four pictures on it.

1. 2. 3. 4.

3. Tesla's pic (4.) needs a little more work. Flip it horizontaly and go

Image-> Adustments-> Curves

Channel RGB; Output 70; Input 45;

Then some color corections

Image-> Adustments-> Selective color

Reds: -11; +96; 0; 0

yellows: -100; -53; -71; 0

4. Sharpen each pic and smooth out the skin with the blur tool.

5. With a soft brush erase the parts that are overlapping and anything you don't want there

6. The John picture has the SciFi logo on it, so with the clone tool take samples around it and cover the logo

7. Set this gradient map to soft light

8. With the eye dropper tool take a color sample from the sig for the text (in this case it's #977148)

9. Wrote "good friends" with Algerian font and added drop shaddow and outer shaddow

10. "difficult times" in Ariel Black, on a layer under the text draw the box and fill it with black color. Add drop shadow using the same color as the text.

11. On a layer under the the text (above the gradient) add some splater and flower brushes (still working with the same color)

12. Fill a layer with #02052f. Set to exclusion

13. New stamp. Set to color dodge 30%

14. New Adjustment layer -> Brightness/Contrast 8;26

15. Black and white gradient map set to soft light 45%

16. New stamp. Add smart sharpen: Amount 59%; Radius 0,8 (take the blur tool again and smooth out and skin where it's needed)

17. On a new layer add a 2point stroke in black color and you're done

Can't wait to try this one out. I have a question and it may sound silly but I am asking anyways. What do you mean by New Stamp in this context?

sigpic
                  Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by DJgirl View Post
                    Can't wait to try this one out. I have a question and it may sound silly but I am asking anyways. What do you mean by New Stamp in this context?
                    A stamp. In Photoshop it's done New Layer and pressing "Shift+Ctrl+Alt+E" (not sure about other programs). And then you add the smart sharpen filter on the layer with the stamp. If that makes sense.

An alternative to the stamp would be to merge all the layers, but since sometimes I go back and edit some details, so I prefer to keep the original layers separate.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
                      A stamp. In Photoshop it's done New Layer and pressing "Shift+Ctrl+Alt+E" (not sure about other programs). And then you add the smart sharpen filter on the layer with the stamp. If that makes sense.

An alternative to the stamp would be to merge all the layers, but since sometimes I go back and edit some details, so I prefer to keep the original layers separate.
                      Okay....I think I understand that, thanks! I will check it out the next time I open the program and then I will completely understand.
                      sigpic
                      Sig made by me

Comment

Here is the sig i made with RepliCartertje's tut. Thankyou

Comment

How do you use a soft brush erase? (I use adobe photoshop elements 5.0).
                          sigpic
                          Thanks to Jumble for the icon and siggy.
                          My ff.net My Own Website

Comment

Originally posted by x_stargatergirl_x View Post
                            Here is the sig i made with RepliCartertje's tut. Thankyou

http://i473.photobucket.com/albums/r...wilightsig.gif
                            That turned out beautifully, stargater.

Stargate78, I think we got your questioned answered in the other thread, so I won't answer it here.
                            sigpic
                            Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by DJgirl View Post
                              That turned out beautifully, stargater.
                              Thanks

Comment

great new tut Jas!

wonderful attempt stargategirl (we need to find you a shorter nickname )

cazz, these textures are awesome!!! I might try to make some textures as well

Comment

Working...
                                X