Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not-so-much-in-Burbank, Baby '09!!! (Official SG Con, Los Angeles 2009)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not-so-much-in-Burbank, Baby '09!!! (Official SG Con, Los Angeles 2009)

Well all, here it is... M2W keeping the tradition alive.

I'll update as info is posted.
    sigpic

See ya at the con, baby! (L.A. '11) (L.A. '10) (L.A. '09) (Burbank '08) (Burbank '07)

Actually, there's a little bit out already. The Creation website has not been updated with any info yet (as of 2:20 pm Pacific), so I'm taking this straight from my copy of the 2008 program.

(the top of the page states: "as of November 20, 2008")

Los Angeles, CA
    November 6-8, 2009
    LAX Marriott Hotel
    Official Stargate Convention
    The Farscape convention with Ben Browder going on in the same hotel! Gold Patrons can visit the Farscape show in General Admission on a free basis, space permitting!

(Note that the Farscape convention has already been announced on the Creation website, and the listing for it in the Burbank 2008 program similarly states that Gold Patrons at the Farscape show can visit the Stargate show in General Admission as well.)

On the back of the Burbank 2008 program is their at-con pre-registration form for Stargate 2009 Gold packages for $349; full price will be $379.

Hopefully we'll get more info soon!
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      Actually, there's a little bit out already. The Creation website has not been updated with any info yet (as of 2:20 pm Pacific), so I'm taking this straight from my copy of the 2008 program.

(the top of the page states: "as of November 20, 2008")

Los Angeles, CA
      November 6-8, 2009
      LAX Marriott Hotel
      Official Stargate Convention
      The Farscape convention with Ben Browder going on in the same hotel! Gold Patrons can visit the Farscape show in General Admission on a free basis, space permitting!

(Note that the Farscape convention has already been announced on the Creation website, and the listing for it in the Burbank 2008 program similarly states that Gold Patrons at the Farscape show can visit the Stargate show in General Admission as well.)

On the back of the Burbank 2008 program is their at-con pre-registration form for Stargate 2009 Gold packages for $349; full price will be $379.

Hopefully we'll get more info soon!
      Thank you for saving me the trouble of doing that. Haha!

I have the program too, I just didn't feel like going to go get it at the moment.
      sigpic

See ya at the con, baby! (L.A. '11) (L.A. '10) (L.A. '09) (Burbank '08) (Burbank '07)

Comment

Originally posted by M2W View Post
        Thank you for saving me the trouble of doing that. Haha!

I have the program too, I just didn't feel like going to go get it at the moment.
        Heh! I happened to still have it on my desk and hadn't filed it away yet.
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Hehe . . . I had a feeling you'd start one for next year!

As of this moment I doupt I will make this Con this year. I do have to start thinking about getting my lisence and It's at LAX. Not too sure if it will be worth that.

But, who knows, things change . . .

Comment

Yeah... I don't know how I feel about the move to LA. I'll survive though.
            sigpic

Comment

I don't know yet if I'll do LA or if I'll just look into doing Vancouver(since its a heck of a lot closer) I think it will depend on the guests.
              Kassandra

I'm a 60%'er
              sigpic

Comment

At the moment, I'm thinking I probably will do LA. I'm local enough that I could just drive in each day and use the money that would've gone to a hotel room on a better admission package. And the drive to LAX is shorter than to Burbank, which makes it even more attractive to me.

But yeah, I kinda want to see who'll be on the guest list before I commit, too.

Comment

I was looking at flights and such last night and it looks like I could get a pretty good deal through my airline but really am going to wait until I see guest announcements.
                  Kassandra

I'm a 60%'er
                  sigpic

Comment

I'm seriously thinking about this one, too. Another GW'er, who's a local also, has offered to let me stay with her.

Comment

I'll have to see how the $$$ situation works out - flying into LAX from Phoenix is almost easier than Burbank, although having to deal with LAX... well, let's just say Burbank was nice, I liked the hotel, and there were enough cheap eating options nearby.

I think I heard some musing for who Creation would like to get - the names I heard were Joe F, Torri, and Paul, as well as some cryptic comments about RDA...
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Vecturist View Post
                        I'll have to see how the $$$ situation works out - flying into LAX from Phoenix is almost easier than Burbank, although having to deal with LAX... well, let's just say Burbank was nice, I liked the hotel, and there were enough cheap eating options nearby.
                        Well in looking at the hotel's website, it is much more affordable(at least for me) than the Burbank Marriott was.

I think I heard some musing for who Creation would like to get - the names I heard were Joe F, Torri, and Paul, as well as some cryptic comments about RDA...
                        Well if Torri or Paul were there I'd be there, more than likely.
                        Kassandra

I'm a 60%'er
                        sigpic

Comment

If JoeF and Torri are there, I'm going. I'd love to see the two of them on stage together!

Comment

They've been trying to get RDA for years, I'm not sure if they'll have any more "luck" now that he's been to (and enjoyed) another con ...

I would really love to go again (to the Firefly one a couple of weeks later too) but it's just soooo expensive to get there

Comment

Ok, who do you think will be there....RDA, SGU actors?

Comment

Working...
                              X