The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
    Yes that one VSS recommended was hilarious. I have seen that and every other cliche out there (and probably written a few) over the years so it resonated.
    I didn't find it funny at all, but that's probably just me

APA is indeed an awesome author. I'm quite select actually, about who I will read, but I try out new authors from time to time and sometimes come up and usually read the shorter ficrecs (since I don't have time to waste reading long fics I find are not to my taste).
    I mostly don't bother, but then my ship mojo is still in stasis and I've got better things to do

That blonde head one was very awww, but then I went on to read one afterwards that had been added to a fanfiction list I subscribe to that had Sam died in childbirth and Jack bringing up baby on his own... beautifully written but just. No!
    I just thought it was very sweet and simple.

Uh, no, I wouldn't want to read anything like that

Then again, you know how I feel about kidifc. It's not that I don't want them to be happy ever after but it's not realistic for a nearly 60 year old and a 40something year old who probably spend more time in different solar systems than they spend in the same state, let alone on the same planet to just go off and make babies.

Just my opinion.
    I think you're right about that. Not so much about their ages, but certainly their lifestyle (as we know it) woodn't really suit family life. It wood only work if they were both earthbound, which let's face it could be on the cards at the end of Movie 3

*stares at beautiful, gorgeous, scrummilicious picspam*

Hmm, that's hubby and the little one just got home. I best go eat humble pie and make nice (or dinner, or probably both).

C~x
    I read that as 'Jumble'

Comment

*martin stares*

Ohh...fic talk...can I say something about it too?

I do like S/J fics and kid!fics BUT I do agree with you, Cags, that is ain't realistic for Sam and Jack to have children. When I read a kidfic I just like it because I *know* beforehand that it is one and thus AU. Also I prefer my kid!fics to be around S4 or so of SG1...so the whole thing is AU. again not realistic.
      I really don't think that S/J now thinking of getting children of their own isn't realistic. Agewise and lifestyle wise....but that doesn't make me stop enjoying a good kid!fic every once in a while

*hopes that makes sense*

I think I sometimes only read these fics because the lovestory is just great and it isn't really because of S/J if that makes any sense at all...

Anyway...I do agree with both of you that I sometimes only read fanfic because of the author. I have a few authors on my favorite list and will read most of their stories(for example APA and Jenn)

*steps quietly out*
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
        I heard from Bagpuss earlier. She's been having the WooHoo bad luck too with family illness *sends hugs and good vibes to Baggy*
        *hugs and good vibes to Bagpuss*

Pavor Nocturnus
        Spoiler:
        Re the bolded part. Although I knew that, they did it so well that I found myself really pulled into worrying about it, edge of the seat whilst telling myself it was bound to be alright in the end......... wasn't it??
        Pavor Nocturnus:
        Spoiler:
        Me too, that's exactly how I felt. Utterly brilliant. There are very few episodes (of all TV shows) that have me sitting there with my jaw to the floor the whole way through them (SG1's Abyss, and Sanctuary's Requiem both qualify) and that one was right up there. Just awesome.

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
        *snorts*

*huggles for Brad* I do agree though, sometimes the smartest answer is to say nothing at all .

*huggles Bagpuss*

*huggles Cags* - glad to hear your brothers are ok hun

Feeling very huggly today , *huggles Woohoos*
        *huggles Sarai*

((((Woohoos))))

because I have just stressed myself out to the max and taken it out on hubby (he's used to it... but probably didn't deserve it... ok well, he probably only deserved about 50% of it; he is a man after all. )

Sooo the woohoos is my happy place.... deeeeep calming breathes (and I shall be, um, apologising later no doubt.

*runz nekkid through thread*

As see now I feel better.
        *huggles Cags*

I stopped reading fanfic ages ago, but I always check out any new ones that APA does because she's so good at them

I clicked that one you were giggling about yesterday and wished I hadn't

But there was another mini-fic the other day that I clicked and it made me go 'Aaaaawww!' The one with Jack talking to the blonde head
        Yeah, and that one was Jenn's - I also mostly only read fics by authors I know, or if they're recommended by someone I know and whose fic-taste I trust There's just too much out there (and too much rubbish) to do otherwise, IMO.

Oh, and *squeeeeeeeeeees for Joe's shippy comment*
        sigpic
        Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
          *hugs and good vibes to Bagpuss*

Pavor Nocturnus:
          Spoiler:
          Me too, that's exactly how I felt. Utterly brilliant. There are very few episodes (of all TV shows) that have me sitting there with my jaw to the floor the whole way through them (SG1's Abyss, and Sanctuary's Requiem both qualify) and that one was right up there. Just awesome.
          Spoiler:
          Oh I'm so glad it wasn't just me being gullible

Joanna's Mum told me earlier that she and hubby watched it and her jaw was still on the floor

*huggles Sarai*

*huggles Cags*

Yeah, and that one was Jenn's - I also mostly only read fics by authors I know, or if they're recommended by someone I know and whose fic-taste I trust There's just too much out there (and too much rubbish) to do otherwise, IMO.
          Of course it was, I'd forgotten

I read a few goodish ones when I first got into GW, but I found that eventually they all get a bit samey and I got bored. VSS and APA are always worth reading but some of the others, not so much.

Oh, and *squeeeeeeeeeees for Joe's shippy comment*

But of course, there's always someone that has to cast doubt I could resist it no longer

*hugs our Joe*

Comment

WooHood on the Big '69, jumble!

FF... Hardly ever read it, but it's nice to do so from time to time...
            I did click on some smut a few times and it made me giggle. The things some authors let Sam and Jack say to eachother in the heat of the moment...

Uhm...
            *hugs Joe for good measure*
            Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
            Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

*allow everyone else to hug Joe and doesn't get jealous* He really deserves it, after all. *smooches Joe*
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
                *allow everyone else to hug Joe and doesn't get jealous* He really deserves it, after all. *smooches Joe*
                *decides to test LJ's limits and throws herself at Joe's feet to cling on for the rest of the night*
                Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                  *decides to test LJ's limits and throws herself at Joe's feet to cling on for the rest of the night*
                  *pokes Nad with toe* Shoo...shoo...
                  sigpic

Comment

*pokes Nad with toe* Shoo...shoo...
                    *kisses Joe's shoes. Yes. I said shoes.*

sigpic

Comment

Thanks Nad

I'm sure I'm missing everyone else's 69's, I don't remember seeing any lately

I smooched him too, I just didn't tell

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                        *kisses Joe's shoes. Yes. I said shoes.*
                        Dude! I have to polish those later! Er... I mean...Get off the shoes!
                        sigpic

Comment

Dude! I have to polish those later! Er... I mean...Get off the shoes!
                          Well I thought spit was good for shoes.

Personally the thought of kissing anything remotely connected to feet makes me shudder and want to throw up.

Jumble, I cheered inside when you posted... and then when Pol posted a bit later.
                          sigpic

Comment

Ohh... *sniff* That's lovely.

That was my first Sanctuary fic. I normally only ever read ship fic from various genres, but that's made me a fan of Sanctuary fic too.

I think I am hooked... *checks* yep, definitely... dammit, I said I wans't going to fall for another TV show again. Oh well, may as well enjoy the ride.
                            Oh my word Cags! I loved how you said that I'm laughing so hard...you say it the way woman say about not falling for idiot men again

But yeah same here But it's so hard to resist Sanctuary...it's so darn good! *fangurls Sanctuary PTB and actors*

Regarding S/J and babies, yeah I know it's far fetched for them...but... But I'm just happy to see them together as a couple

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
                            Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
                            Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Well I thought spit was good for shoes.

Personally the thought of kissing anything remotely connected to feet makes me shudder and want to throw up.

Jumble, I cheered inside when you posted... and then when Pol posted a bit later.
                              sound like I need to pop into the Appreciation thread...
                              sigpic

Comment

Don't do it LJ. It's the same ole same ole.

Some people are not happy with the meagre crumbs we're thrown.

EDIT: SGU

Spoiler:

You know I was really rather impressed with it tonight. I can see why it's a bit of a martmite series but for me it works. I like all the consequences it threw up. I guess if you're a morally upstanding person you might be uncomfortable with the extremely morally ambigious characters in it, but I quite like that. Even the inclusion of Jack made some sense too.

I'm not quite fangurling it like I do Sanctuary yet but I might get there.
                                Last edited by Cagranosalis; 10 November 2009, 12:53 PM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X