The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
    EDIT: Did you know St Martin's day is on the 11th November?
    Yup! We (as in we the Dutch) even celebrate it.
    We stock up on candy and then kids go door to door with litlle lights to collect it. It's like Halloween without the costumes.

Originally posted by jumble View Post
    Edit: And suddenly Joe is everybody's favourite PTB because he said something they wanted to hear

Pshaw.
    That's all I'm saying. Pshaw.

EDIT: A nice pshaw, mind you, but still a pshaw.
    Last edited by DutchIndeed; 10 November 2009, 02:54 AM.
    Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
    Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Sanctuary PN:
      Spoiler:
      Absolutely loved it. I've read comments about the beginning being slow, but I have to say that I was on the edge of my seat. Loved Robin in this ep, but I have to say WooHood AT! *fangurl squee*
      And the ep looked absolutely amazing.
      Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
      Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

in a kind of ironic way.

See all Joe has to do is chuck out a shippy comment now and again and that'll shut everyone up on the SGU complaining.

Not that I am minding; shippy comments are ok by me. I can imagine how that's going down on the ship appreciation thread.
        Causing major squeeage of course But then it has been a while since anything positive has been said about S/J, so you can't blame them

I just had to resist the temptations to say something sarcastic about how fickle people can be

(((Bagpuss))) for the family woes, and lots of positive vibes too.

Benjabubs is a cheeky mare! This morning he did my hair (ok, he kind of smacked me about the head with a hairbrush and yanked on it a bit) then chasisted me when he said "say thank you mummy." because I forgot to thank him for it. I think I have worked rather too hard on drumming the pleases and thank yous into him. Hmm, he's currently trying to feed the (terrified and beligerant) cat a make believe cup of tea. She's retreated to the window ledge but she's got her paw up ready to take on her pint sized opponent... do I intervene or wait and see how this one plays out? It's always fun in this house.
        No, that's great! When they start prompting other people for pleases and thank-yous, that's when you know you've succeeded

Coincidentally, Oren has just corrected Jamie's 'What?' into 'You mean Pardon!' Scroll back eight weeks (to when I started minding Oren every day) and his every other word was 'What'

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
        Sanctuary PN:
        Spoiler:
        Absolutely loved it. I've read comments about the beginning being slow, but I have to say that I was on the edge of my seat. Loved Robin in this ep, but I have to say WooHood AT! *fangurl squee*
        And the ep looked absolutely amazing.
        PN

Spoiler:
        Slow????? Were they watching the same show?

*hugs Sarai*

Comment

Causing major squeeage of course But then it has been a while since anything positive has been said about S/J, so you can't blame them

I just had to resist the temptations to say something sarcastic about how fickle people can be

No, that's great! When they start prompting other people for pleases and thank-yous, that's when you know you've succeeded

Coincidentally, Oren has just corrected Jamie's 'What?' into 'You mean Pardon!' Scroll back eight weeks (to when I started minding Oren every day) and his every other word was 'What'

PN

Spoiler:
          Slow????? Were they watching the same show?

*hugs Sarai*
          I don't think there's anything wrong with the squee'ing. I'm squee'ing, because I like positive S/J stuff being mentioned.
          sigpic
          Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
            I don't think there's anything wrong with the squee'ing. I'm squee'ing, because I like positive S/J stuff being mentioned.
            Oh, I don't think there's anything wrong with it, it's about time the mood of the thread got lifted, and it's nice to know that Joe definitely has S/J together in his mind. I was just commenting on the ease with which some people suddenly love a PTB that they've been slagging continuously just because he said something they agree with

All we need now is for Brad to make a positive comment on the 'romantic' scene, and he'll be flavour of the month

At least on here we're loyal through the good and bad times.

Disclaimer: No offense intended, just venting

Comment

Oh, I don't think there's anything wrong with it, it's about time the mood of the thread got lifted, and it's nice to know that Joe definitely has S/J together in his mind. I was just commenting on the ease with which some people suddenly love a PTB that they've been slagging continuously just because he said something they agree with

All we need now is for Brad to make a positive comment on the 'romantic' scene, and he'll be flavour of the month

At least on here we're loyal through the good and bad times.

Disclaimer: No offense intended, just venting
              No worries, I didn't take offense. I've always loved them either way.

I didn't notice any slagging off, but I'll be honest here, I'm not that intuitive when it comes to seeing things like that. Honestly, I barely recognise negative posts... I must just skim past them or something. I try not to go into negative threads altogether, so maybe I just don't see it

*headdesk*
              sigpic
              Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
                No worries, I didn't take offense. I've always loved them either way.

I didn't notice any slagging off, but I'll be honest here, I'm not that intuitive when it comes to seeing things like that. Honestly, I barely recognise negative posts... I must just skim past them or something. I try not to go into negative threads altogether, so maybe I just don't see it

*headdesk*
                Ah, but you've only been back a couple of weeks. There's been an awful lot of PTB bashing over the last few months

Or maybe we WooHoos are just a little over-sensitive when it comes to OBPTB so we notice it more

Brad, Joe and Coopie have all come in for more than their fair share IMO

Comment

Morning already? *yawn* Hi, Woohoos.

Joe was in fine form last night. It is nice to see him in good spirits once again.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
                    Morning already? *yawn* Hi, Woohoos.

Joe was in fine form last night. It is nice to see him in good spirits once again.
                    Isn't it though? And nice to see him getting a bit of appreciation too

Comment

*runs in*

*huggles all*

*falls on couch*

Got nothin' to say...except I can't seem to stop shivering from cold(while I've already turned up the heating twice! )
                      sigpic

Comment

((((Woohoos))))

because I have just stressed myself out to the max and taken it out on hubby (he's used to it... but probably didn't deserve it... ok well, he probably only deserved about 50% of it; he is a man after all. )

Sooo the woohoos is my happy place.... deeeeep calming breathes (and I shall be, um, apologising later no doubt.

*runz nekkid through thread*

As see now I feel better.
                        sigpic

Comment

Check out APA's Sanctuary mini-fic Not spoilery IMO.

Comment

Check out APA's Sanctuary mini-fic Not spoilery IMO.

Ohh... *sniff* That's lovely.

That was my first Sanctuary fic. I normally only ever read ship fic from various genres, but that's made me a fan of Sanctuary fic too.

I think I am hooked... *checks* yep, definitely... dammit, I said I wans't going to fall for another TV show again. Oh well, may as well enjoy the ride.
                            sigpic

Comment

Ohh... *sniff* That's lovely.

That was my first Sanctuary fic. I normally only ever read ship fic from various genres, but that's made me a fan of Sanctuary fic too.

I think I am hooked... *checks* yep, definitely... dammit, I said I wans't going to fall for another TV show again. Oh well, may as well enjoy the ride.
                              I stopped reading fanfic ages ago, but I always check out any new ones that APA does because she's so good at them

I clicked that one you were giggling about yesterday and wished I hadn't

But there was another mini-fic the other day that I clicked and it made me go 'Aaaaawww!' The one with Jack talking to the blonde head

I think we're due a picspam........

Comment

Yes that one VSS recommended was hilarious. I have seen that and every other cliche out there (and probably written a few) over the years so it resonated.

APA is indeed an awesome author. I'm quite select actually, about who I will read, but I try out new authors from time to time and sometimes come up and usually read the shorter ficrecs (since I don't have time to waste reading long fics I find are not to my taste).

That blonde head one was very awww, but then I went on to read one afterwards that had been added to a fanfiction list I subscribe to that had Sam died in childbirth and Jack bringing up baby on his own... beautifully written but just. No!

Then again, you know how I feel about kidifc. It's not that I don't want them to be happy ever after but it's not realistic for a nearly 60 year old and a 40something year old who probably spend more time in different solar systems than they spend in the same state, let alone on the same planet to just go off and make babies.

Just my opinion.

*stares at beautiful, gorgeous, scrummilicious picspam*

Hmm, that's hubby and the little one just got home. I best go eat humble pie and make nice (or dinner, or probably both).

C~x
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X