The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by starlover View Post
    *hugs Josi* it's a thing you like or not...

Btw interesting article regarding SGU and a sort of "battle" between a columnist of the Chicago Tribune and Brad... SGU

As much as I agree...ouch...poor Brad*huggles him*
    Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
    Hm.
    As much as I love the whole PTB interaction, I am starting to think that maybe they should stop reacting to critisism... People tend to take it personal and it seems to all get blown out of proportion. The numbers for SGU look good, so let those speak for themselves. Anti's won't change their minds because one of those ''aweful PTB'' tells them to... This only gives people a platform to go and 'prove their point'.
    Let people who dislike the show be and let those who love it love it... *shrugs*

All in MHO, of course
    *hugs PTB*
    Originally posted by jumble View Post
    Tbh, after reading half of that article I tend to agree with you.

S1 of the show is in the can, the ratings are pretty good, those that like it will stay with it and those that don't, won't.

It must be hard to keep your mouth shut when you see public denigration of something that you've worked so hard on, but you can't please all of the people all of the time, so maybe it's best to just sit tight and say nothing rather than leave yourself open to a personal attack like that?

(((((Brad)))))
    Interesting. As a person who is on the fence, I have to say that whilst I agree with what the article says, I'm not sure I like the way it seems "personal". I don't know if that makes sense. But it comes across that this is a conversation that we shouldn't see. Obviously, this person is a critic, and they were doing their job in the first place, but I don't think BW should've commented publicly, nor should the writer have publicly replied. This is where the "people can be offensive without trying to be" part comes in. I love TPTB, but I think they need to sit back a bit and let people get all in a huff, and let the critics say what they say -- when they comment back, and get defensive, it comes across in a bad way. I know it's not their intention, but that's the way it comes across.

I get worried about the way this all seems to be so... heated... not just between fans, either. I may have a poor memory, but even SGA didn't create this kind of friction. They're trying to do something different, which is a good thing, but in doing so, everything has just gone 'riiiiip' and no one agrees, everyone is getting wound up and this could go BANG if it continues.

I so hope they just sit back, and ride it out. That's all they need to do. Eventually, things will calm down, just gotta be patient with it.

I'm surprised I've managed to say all this. I've had a really bad day, emotionally -- anxiety issues have been intense, and I'm still twitchy now -- but I'm trying to take deep breaths, so I came on here.
    sigpic
    Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
      *runz back through thread nek....screeches to a halt at mention of Jack's bum*

Jack's bum is not big! It is the perfect size for...thunking...and pinching...and...er...*drifts off, thinking of Jack's bum*

*nods*

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
      *looks around* Wait a minute...where's Jack's bum?! I don't see it!! !

Glad you asked because I thought I'd been stoopid for not seeing it.

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
      I'm surprised I've managed to say all this. I've had a really bad day, emotionally -- anxiety issues have been intense, and I'm still twitchy now -- but I'm trying to take deep breaths, so I came on here.
      (((Wendy)))

And what you said about SGU. Yeah.

*nods again*

Sanctuary - Pavor Nocturnus

Spoiler:

I was sort of expecting it all to turn out to be a kind of bad dream because I know pavor nocturnus means, well, night terrors. It made the reveal a bit of a giveaway - sort of - but then it didn't ruin it because you kind of know there's got to be some kind of way of making it not happen in the end.

The episode though... oh my yes! Just stunning and breach catching and brilliant. Loved it. Can't stress how much I loved it. I'd I'd not already surrendered myself over to Sanctuary by now this would tip me.

I was not at all impressed when the announcer said at the end that it's making way for darts next week though. Darts? Darts? ... oh for crying out loud!

*stomps foot*

Who wants to watch porky beardy men drinking beer and throwing pointy things at a roll of tightly wadded paper with a pretty pattern on it? Seriously!

EDIT: Did you know St Martin's day is on the 11th November?
      sigpic

Comment

Can I just say (and I'm gonna leave this out of spoilers since it doesn't give anything away ) that I adore how Sanctuary gives us a good episode, and than a great episode and than an awesome episode and then you think there's absolutely no way that they can get better...and they do. S2 is blowing S1 out of the water. And I think that's what's getting me mah about SGU because I watch SGU and think okay that's nice and than watch Sanctuary and WAM! awesomeness

Spoilers for The episode with that name I can't say that just aired in the UK
        Spoiler:
        I'm totally fangurling right now. Seriously I loved how it was filmed with the black and white and than bright colors at the end. The acting was just fantastic.

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
        Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
        Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
          Can I just say (and I'm gonna leave this out of spoilers since it doesn't give anything away ) that I adore how Sanctuary gives us a good episode, and than a great episode and than an awesome episode and then you think there's absolutely no way that they can get better...and they do. S2 is blowing S1 out of the water. And I think that's what's getting me mah about SGU because I watch SGU and think okay that's nice and than watch Sanctuary and WAM! awesomeness

Spoilers for The episode with that name I can't say that just aired in the UK
          Spoiler:
          I'm totally fangurling right now. Seriously I loved how it was filmed with the black and white and than bright colors at the end. The acting was just fantastic.
          Aaaaaaand I've got to say it again......... Martin told us S2 wood blow S1 out of the water He was sooooo right

How in the heck are they going to top this in S3?

I know what you mean Amanda, SGU does pale somewhat beside Sanctuary And I really like SGU.

What's interesting about the commentary (no plot spoilers)

Spoiler:
          They sound like they're surprised at how amazing this ep is, which I found amusing since they were there But I guess that just goes to prove how exceptional it was, if you see what I mean

Edit: Yes Cags, putting darts on instead next week? That's just criminal!!!!! It also means we'll be an episode behind everyone else

Comment

Aaaaaaand I've got to say it again......... Martin told us S2 wood blow S1 out of the water He was sooooo right

I know what you mean Amanda, SGU does pale somewhat beside Sanctuary

Spoiler:
            They sound like they're surprised at how amazing this ep is, which I found amusing since they were there But I guess that just goes to prove how exceptional it was, if you see what I mean
            I don't know, but I can't wait to find out! I hope they confirm S3 it soon. *bounces*

PavorN spoilers / podcast

Spoiler:
            Of course they were surprised, they don't know their own awesomeness. But we know it!

And I so glad that they decided to keep that hosing scene in. That alone threw the ep way above anything I have ever expected from them. / *fangurl moment*
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
              I don't know, but I can't wait to find out! I hope they confirm S3 it soon. *bounces*

Spoiler:
              Of course they were surprised, they don't know their own awesomeness. But we know it!

And I so glad that they decided to keep that hosing scene in. That alone threw the ep way above anything I have ever expected from them. / *fangurl moment*
              Spoiler:
              That's what I was trying to say Badly

And now Martin's is singing......... about stripping!!!!

Yes, I know he meant stripping wires, but you have to remember that this is me listening....

Martin's doing Jazz hands? I have no idea what that is, but I want to see it!!!

And now they're talking about ruffling hair..........

Comment

Jazz hands

sigpic

Comment

Jazz hands brings to mind such guttery thoughts to me.

I bet that doesn't surprise you much.

And I am sorry for the completey shameless fangrling but...

Sanctuary
                  Spoiler:

You know the more I think about it the more I love that episode. I mean, on paper it's a run of the mill Resident Evil / 28 Days Later / Dawn of The Dead style tale. A plot that's been done to death and then parodied to death which ought to make it instantly untouchable and unworkable. And yet... and yet, they've managed to take the idea and turn out this amazing story from it. That just goes to show how brilliant the Sanctuary PTB really are.

Actually not I am not sorry for the fangurling at all. I reserve the right to get giddy and grin like a loon over something I love because TPTB are just The Best.

And I know you don't mind a bit of giddy.
                  sigpic

Comment

I know what you mean Amanda, SGU does pale somewhat beside Sanctuary And I really like SGU.

Spoiler:

Edit: Yes Cags, putting darts on instead next week? That's just criminal!!!!! It also means we'll be an episode behind everyone else
                    He totally was!

I have no idea...but I can't wait to find out!

I haven't watched a show that's this good (especially a scifi show) in a long long time...and that's super nice
                    Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post

Spoiler:

And I so glad that they decided to keep that hosing scene in. That alone threw the ep way above anything I have ever expected from them.
                    / *fangurl moment*
                    Me too! *bounces along with you*

Re to the bolded in spoilers
                    Spoiler:
                    I was really scared at that part thinking 'please don't let something happen please' but nothing did and it made me happy It was very intense though

When I saw it the first time I sorta wondered if they uhh had blocked out the back bits...but I watched it again on itunes one and figured that itunes woodn't have blocked it out so there weren't anything showing

Spoiler:
                    That's what I was trying to say Badly

And now Martin's is singing......... about stripping!!!!

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/g...le65/faint.gif

Yes, I know he meant stripping wires, but you have to remember that this is me listening....

Martin's doing Jazz hands? I have no idea what that is, but I want to see it!!!

And now they're talking about ruffling hair..........

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
                    Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
                    Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Sanctuary

*fangurls episode*

It was soooo good

Spoiler:
                      The hosing scene: it made an impression for me. It did fit with the episode though, I am glad they used it. Although when I was watching it for the first time in the living room mom looked weird at me("you watch this?")

The rest of the episode is also really good! Me likey! I liked the ending where it changes from the dark to light!

That's it...too late for in-depth thoughts from me...too disorganized for that anyways
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
                        Oh right, like this then?

*thunks the hands*

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                        Jazz hands brings to mind such guttery thoughts to me.

I bet that doesn't surprise you much.

And I am sorry for the completey shameless fangrling but...

Sanctuary
                        Spoiler:

You know the more I think about it the more I love that episode. I mean, on paper it's a run of the mill Resident Evil / 28 Days Later / Dawn of The Dead style tale. A plot that's been done to death and then parodied to death which ought to make it instantly untouchable and unworkable. And yet... and yet, they've managed to take the idea and turn out this amazing story from it. That just goes to show how brilliant the Sanctuary PTB really are.

Actually not I am not sorry for the fangurling at all. I reserve the right to get giddy and grin like a loon over something I love because TPTB are just The Best.

And I know you don't mind a bit of giddy.
                        They really are

Amanda I know what you mean, Sanctuary is really spoiling us for other shows

*waves to Jann*

I woke suddenly from a dream at 4am and couldn't quite grab it, but it was something to do with a charity slave auction.........

Probably sparked by the comments yesterday about Wood being a luxury most of us can't afford

I heard from Bagpuss earlier. She's been having the WooHoo bad luck too with family illness *sends hugs and good vibes to Baggy*

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post

Sanctuary - Pavor Nocturnus

Spoiler:

I was sort of expecting it all to turn out to be a kind of bad dream because I know pavor nocturnus means, well, night terrors. It made the reveal a bit of a giveaway - sort of - but then it didn't ruin it because you kind of know there's got to be some kind of way of making it not happen in the end.

The episode though... oh my yes! Just stunning and breach catching and brilliant. Loved it. Can't stress how much I loved it. I'd I'd not already surrendered myself over to Sanctuary by now this would tip me.
                          Pavor Nocturnus
                          Spoiler:
                          Re the bolded part. Although I knew that, they did it so well that I found myself really pulled into worrying about it, edge of the seat whilst telling myself it was bound to be alright in the end......... wasn't it??

EDIT: Did you know St Martin's day is on the 11th November?
                          It is? Cool

See, I always knew he was special

Comment

Where is everybody today?

Just read Joe's blog, commenting on the article about Brad's response to the criticism...

Debra writes: “Just read Mary Ryan’s “Response to Brad Wright” & have one question.. she ranted on about people who are critical of the show not being idiots, not guilty of “not getting it” etc. Did Brad or ANYONE with the show actually say such a thing or was that her own twist to justify her rant?”
                            Answer: Don’t know what she was referring. All too often, when people take exception to what somebody else said, it’s because they fixate on a couple of sections taken out of context. For instance, I prefaced my rant by stating “I’d suggest that anyone looking to post a critical comment consider their wording – not their opinion, but the way in which they express said opinion.” and moved on from there. Still, this particular quote was effectively ignored by those who insisted I was reacting to general criticism of the show. Go figure.
                            ... and...

Sara writes: “What’s your take according to what you are reading here and in other feedback arenas that are available to your writing team – is SGU well received, are fans still waiting to see something to keep them watching, or are people not enjoying it?”
                            Answer: Like it’s predecessors, it has its fans and its detractors. I think it’s highly unlikely anyone can produce a show that will garner 100% support.
                            Exactly!

And still supporting the S/J ship...

E writes: “It was late night and Jack was sitting in his office? Not at home with Sam?”
                            Answer: She was keeping dinner warm for him and running a hot bath.

Edit: And suddenly Joe is everybody's favourite PTB because he said something they wanted to hear
                            Last edited by Jumble; 10 November 2009, 12:51 AM.

Comment

in a kind of ironic way.

See all Joe has to do is chuck out a shippy comment now and again and that'll shut everyone up on the SGU complaining.

Not that I am minding; shippy comments are ok by me. I can imagine how that's going down on the ship appreciation thread.

(((Bagpuss))) for the family woes, and lots of positive vibes too.

Benjabubs is a cheeky mare! This morning he did my hair (ok, he kind of smacked me about the head with a hairbrush and yanked on it a bit) then chasisted me when he said "say thank you mummy." because I forgot to thank him for it. I think I have worked rather too hard on drumming the pleases and thank yous into him. Hmm, he's currently trying to feed the (terrified and beligerant) cat a make believe cup of tea. She's retreated to the window ledge but she's got her paw up ready to take on her pint sized opponent... do I intervene or wait and see how this one plays out? It's always fun in this house.
                              sigpic

Comment

.... but sadly his eyes were brown, and he was here to clean out my gutters

Er, the gutters on the house that is
                                *snorts*

*huggles for Brad* I do agree though, sometimes the smartest answer is to say nothing at all .

*huggles Bagpuss*

*huggles Cags* - glad to hear your brothers are ok hun

Feeling very huggly today , *huggles Woohoos*

Comment

Working...
                                X