The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jumble View Post
    Which is why I'm teasing her And frankly it's never been restricted by day, everyone seems to think it's ok to tease me every day
    ...I thought we we're dividing the days of the week the other day...isn't it Jas's day today?
    sigpic

Comment

*happy dancez through thread nekkid* The bad news I got last week has just been reversed by a very embarrassed pathologist. Uh...That is to say, a stupid, idiotic lab geek misread my mom's test and told us all her cancer was back, the doctors said she was terminal if it was back again so soon. One level-headed dr said, "Let's do that biopsy again." and turns out...OOPS on their part! Thanks for the week-long heart attack, idiot pathologist!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
        ...I thought we we're dividing the days of the week the other day...isn't it Jas's day today?
        That's not official until she makes the sig Same goes for you *hint*

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
        *happy dancez through thread nekkid* The bad news I got last week has just been reversed by a very embarrassed pathologist. Uh...That is to say, a stupid, idiotic lab geek misread my mom's test and told us all her cancer was back, the doctors said she was terminal if it was back again so soon. One level-headed dr said, "Let's do that biopsy again." and turns out...OOPS on their part! Thanks for the week-long heart attack, idiot pathologist!
        WOOHOOOOOOOD!!!!!!

That's EXCELLENT news LJ *happy dances for LJ's Mom*

I know it shouldn't have happened, and your family shouln't have been put through a week of misery, but the outcome is wonderful

And far better than having the mistake happen the other way round.

Soooo..... where's the next chapter?

Comment

Oh LJ, thank goodness for that! But as Jumble said, it should never have happened in the first place
          sigpic
          Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

That is a terrible mistake, but thankfully it ended with good news! That's the best news all day. Yay.

sigpic
            Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

*kicks LJ's mom's idiot pathologist and happy dances along with the WooHoos*

*hides from he rest of GW *
              Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
              Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

That's not official until she makes the sig Same goes for you *hint*

WOOHOOOOOOOD!!!!!!

That's EXCELLENT news LJ *happy dances for LJ's Mom*

I know it shouldn't have happened, and your family shouln't have been put through a week of misery, but the outcome is wonderful

And far better than having the mistake happen the other way round.

Soooo..... where's the next chapter?
                Er...
                sigpic

Comment

That's great LJ! Though man the person that screwed that up should get reprimanded or something!

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
                  Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
                  Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

*hugs LJ* that's just stupid! And it isn't even for something small that they've seen wrong! but something huge
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                      *kicks LJ's mom's idiot pathologist and happy dances along with the WooHoos*

*hides from he rest of GW *
                      Why? Someone upset you?

Er...
                      I think in the circumstances you can have the night off and go party

Comment

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
                        I feel the need to say that whilst I did respond to a comment about SGU, my comments were more about a character who isn't on SGU, however, I have put them behind tags for you.

Also, I wasn't here when SGU started, and that is perhaps the same for the person who asked. It's only fair to give people the benefit of the doubt.

Wendy, my comment here wasn't aimed at you - or not specifically anyway, sorry if you thought it was. Actually I posted it before seeing you'd responded and I do appreciate you spoilering your reply. On past form with the whole SGU thing, the moment someone mentions it the same thing happens. Would you believe on the weekend it premiered there was something like 20 pages on the S/J thread of almost exclusive SGU chat. A large amount of it not even relating to Sam/Jack. The majority of it was spoilered, to be fair, but enough wasn't and it completely dominated S/J discussions. Added to that people were spoiler tagging RL stuff and other stuff and not labelling what was behind the tags so it was virtually impossible to tell what was safe to click. Many of us had to step away for a few weeks while everyone got it out their systems. This has happened every time (on a lesser scale) that SGU has come up on the thread so when I saw that first post about Earth I was leery about where this would go.
                        My dilemna is/was, in the past when others (myself included) have asked people nicely to treat all and any SGU discussion as a spoiler, they've either been dismissed as inconsequential, ignored completely or made to feel like they are being unreasonable. So I could have posted on the thread and come away feeling like a spoilsport because someone would have taken exception to it, or come here, have a good natured gripe and then just let it go. I chose the latter because I thought that's not really going to upset less people in the long run - including me.

We quite often comment on the S/J thread in here when things over there are, shall we say, a bit weird. Occasionally there's a bit of PTB bashing which a lot of us don't like here (for obvious reasons ) and sometimes it just gets a bit silly or off topic or serious or whatever. In those times this thread can be a bit of a vent for which I'm quite grateful.

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
                        That's fair enough. I was just saying that I had put my comments in tags, although I don't think I actually said anything, I just responded to something that could be considered a spoiler.

Spoilers are notoriously difficult to get right -- because people have different ideas on what a spoiler really is. This is why we always get issues like this. True, people should always put themselves in other peoples shoes, but clearly people don't. Friendly reminders are nice, and those are a good thing.

xoxo for you all.
                        That's the problem. It's probably best to err on the side of caution and put anything to do with SGU in spoilers with a clear label, like you did, about what's in them

We had the same discussion on here a while back about Sanctuary, and it was decided that we should keep all Sanctuary comments in spoilers because a) those watching it are seeing it on different days and b) others will not able to watch it for some time.

I personally don't really see why SGU in general is being discussed on the S/J thread at all, there are other threads for that. I get why Jack and Sam's appearances are being talked about, but not the rest of the show. But that's just me *shrugs*

*huggles Wendy* It's really good to see you back on GW
                        I was going to comment on what is / isn't a spoiler but Jumble said it best there.
                        And I agree about SGU discussions on the S/J thread. I think TPTB have made it perfectly clear that SGU isn't going to tackle the S/J thing so I don't see any point speculating on it. Unless Jack turns up and takes down his pants to reveal "I wub Sammie" stamped across the seat of his boxers, then I might think otherwise.

Amanda good for you talking to someone. That's a start. *huggles Amanda some more*

Can I just say, I am particularly fond of this gif: http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/g...t438617096.gif

I think, in light of recent pictures, that needs to be posted at least once per page I'd say more frequent but that might break forum rules.
                        sigpic

Comment

Cagranosalis, it's okay. I wasn't around for any of that. I just didn't want people to think I was being nasty by not replying under a spoiler tag, because that wasn't my intention, and I honestly didn't consider what I was saying as a spoiler that I didn't think about the original comment from the other poster.

Last time I really spent any signification amount of time here, the S/J thread was booming and fun, and people posted and discussed stuff, and this thread was new.
                          sigpic
                          Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post

Can I just say, I am particularly fond of this gif: http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/g...t438617096.gif

I think, in light of recent pictures, that needs to be posted at least once per page I'd say more frequent but that might break forum rules.
                            There's a rule about how often we can post it?

It's my fave gif of the moment too just in case anyone hadn't noticed

And yes, our little thread a great place for lots of reasons, not least because it works well as a safety valve in many situations

Comment

*hugs Wendy for being back*

Why? Someone upset you?
                              Oh no! I'm just trying to avoid all the ''I can's stand his and that because character X's shirt was yellow posts''

*hugs WooHoos for being awesome*
                              Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                              Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                                *hugs Wendy for being back*

Oh no! I'm just trying to avoid all the ''I can't stand this and that because character X's shirt was yellow posts''

*hugs WooHoos for being awesome*
                                He was wearing a yellow shirt????

Taking the mickey? Moi?

Comment

Working...
                                X