The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jumble View Post
    That's the problem. It's probably best to err on the side of caution and put anything to do with SGU in spoilers with a clear label, like you did, about what's in them

We had the same discussion on here a while back about Sanctuary, and it was decided that we should keep all Sanctuary comments in spoilers because a) those watching it are seeing it on different days and b) others will not able to watch it for some time.

I personally don't really see why SGU in general is being discussed on the S/J thread at all, there are other threads for that. I get why Jack and Sam's appearances are being talked about, but not the rest of the show. But that's just me *shrugs*

*huggles Wendy* It's really good to see you back on GW
    SGU comment from S/J was

Spoiler:
    About Jack being in SGU's episode, and then they were leading into a conversation about his future with the USAF

I don't see why SGU gets discussed there either. I can understand discussing Sam and Jack in connection... but not the other stuff. But didn't the same happen with SGA? Regardless, people just discuss whatever nowadays anyway. As someone who has been away, I can tell you the thread is slower... much more noticeable, and ironically, that makes it easier for me to keep up!

*huggles* Thanks, hunni. I'm much more better in myself than I have been for the past two years, and it's making it easier for me to go back into doing things like discussing Stargate, and having more fun. If that makes sense? I have missed you guys, immensely, and I hope I get better at it, and remember things, etc, and that I fit back in.

sigpic
    Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
      SGU comment from S/J was

Spoiler:
      About Jack being in SGU's episode, and then they were leading into a conversation about his future with the USAF
      Which I think is perfectly harmless, but others might not. Like you say, it's hard to decide

I don't see why SGU gets discussed there either. I can understand discussing Sam and Jack in connection... but not the other stuff. But didn't the same happen with SGA? Regardless, people just discuss whatever nowadays anyway. As someone who has been away, I can tell you the thread is slower... much more noticeable, and ironically, that makes it easier for me to keep up!
      I wasn't around GW when SGA aired, so I don't know what it was like then.

The thread is definitely slower, gone are the days when you'd get ten pages to catch up on overnight. That's partly because there's been very little new S/J to talk about, and partly because we've lost so many shippers over the last few months. Some left because of a huge hooha over the level of gutter being discussed, some left because of the SGU problem, and some (like me) just don't post there much anymore.

*huggles* Thanks, hunni. I'm much more better in myself than I have been for the past two years, and it's making it easier for me to go back into doing things like discussing Stargate, and having more fun. If that makes sense? I have missed you guys, immensely, and I hope I get better at it, and remember things, etc, and that I fit back in.

That's really good to hear, you've had more than your fair share of health problems And of course you fit back in! Especially on here where we're just hanging out, having fun and talking about pretty much anything and everything

Oh, and posting the odd Martin pic now and then .....

Comment

Which I think is perfectly harmless, but others might not. Like you say, it's hard to decide

I wasn't around GW when SGA aired, so I don't know what it was like then.

The thread is definitely slower, gone are the days when you'd get ten pages to catch up on overnight. That's partly because there's been very little new S/J to talk about, and partly because we've lost so many shippers over the last few months. Some left because of a huge hooha over the level of gutter being discussed, some left because of the SGU problem, and some (like me) just don't post there much anymore.

That's really good to hear, you've had more than your fair share of health problems And of course you fit back in! Especially on here where we're just hanging out, having fun and talking about pretty much anything and everything

Oh, and posting the odd Martin pic now and then .....
        That happens, I think. Sometimes there's nothing to say -- it's all been said. I'm really back into my S/J mojo, so I'll quite happily repeat myself till I go blue in the face... maybe I should write fic instead, so as I don't die from lack of oxygen... but I know we all go through phases like that, and sometimes, you just don't want to say the same things over and over anymore.

And thank you *hugs*

Yeah, the past two years have been crazy mental -- not just my injuries, health, but also family drama. But I'm glad RL is fixing itself a bit so I can spend more time in here with you guys.

Ahhh, yes, Mr Martin Wood. I really like his work that he's doing right now. The man is still a directing genius.
        sigpic
        Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

That happens, I think. Sometimes there's nothing to say -- it's all been said. I'm really back into my S/J mojo, so I'll quite happily repeat myself till I go blue in the face... maybe I should write fic instead, so as I don't die from lack of oxygen... but I know we all go through phases like that, and sometimes, you just don't want to say the same things over and over anymore.
          My problem is that my S/J mojo is in stasis because I did get fed up with the same old discussions over and over But when we get the third movie I've no doubt I'll be back over there squeeing along with everyone else

And thank you *hugs*

Yeah, the past two years have been crazy mental -- not just my injuries, health, but also family drama. But I'm glad RL is fixing itself a bit so I can spend more time in here with you guys.
          I've had a fair amount of drama this year, most of it bad, but I've found being here has helped enormously. The WooHoos have let me rant and cry and they've supported me tremendously with hugs and pms. Such good friends are hard to come by

Ahhh, yes, Mr Martin Wood. I really like his work that he's doing right now. The man is still a directing genius.
          Yes he is..... and still thunkingly gorgeous with it

Have you been watching Sanctuary?

Comment

My problem is that my S/J mojo is in stasis because I did get fed up with the same old discussions over and over But when we get the third movie I've no doubt I'll be back over there squeeing along with everyone else

I've had a fair amount of drama this year, most of it bad, but I've found being here has helped enormously. The WooHoos have let me rant and cry and they've supported me tremendously with hugs and pms. Such good friends are hard to come by

Yes he is..... and still thunkingly gorgeous with it

Have you been watching Sanctuary?
            I will be squeeing, of that I have no doubt

Good friends are amazing, that is true. And it's nice that you had people to help you through, I'm happy for you that you're blessed. <3 And I hope that means you're doing much better than you have.

I have been watching Sanctuary, yep. I love it. I assume you watch it, then?
            sigpic
            Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

I will be squeeing, of that I have no doubt

Good friends are amazing, that is true. And it's nice that you had people to help you through, I'm happy for you that you're blessed. <3 And I hope that means you're doing much better than you have.
              They are

I'm doing ok, some days better than others. Some days I just crawl into a corner and ignore the world, but that's happening less often now.

I have been watching Sanctuary, yep. I love it. I assume you watch it, then?
              Oh yes! Loveitloveitloveitloveit

I got the S1 dvds and rewatched the whole lot just before S2 started Loving S2 even more Cannot wait to actually see them all at SE next July *bounces*

And meet Martin of course, but I try not to think about that too much - it frazzles my brain

Comment

They are

I'm doing ok, some days better than others. Some days I just crawl into a corner and ignore the world, but that's happening less often now.

Oh yes! Loveitloveitloveitloveit

I got the S1 dvds and rewatched the whole lot just before S2 started Loving S2 even more Cannot wait to actually see them all at SE next July *bounces*

And meet Martin of course, but I try not to think about that too much - it frazzles my brain
                I do the same thing, hunni. I crawled away for about a year. I'm happy you're doing it less *hugs*

SE? I assume a convention? I would so love to go! I wish I was going to AT4, as well.

You get to meet him? Holy smokes. OK, that probably doesn't help you avoid thinking about it, does it? Oopsie.
                sigpic
                Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

(((((((((((((Amanda))))))))))))) I'll fifth, sixth, seventh, whatever, what everyone else has said. It's hard, but at least you've recognised there's something wrong, and so now you can get help and do something about it. And remember we're all here for you, if there's anything we can do to help, or just if you need to let off steam sometimes

*nods* And we should hold them tight when we find them *huggles Woohoos tightly*
                  sigpic
                  Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

*huggles you guys* Thanks so much for the support guys...I really don't want to tell my parents (I don't want them to think that somethings not wrong when I feel there is but at the same time I don't want them to freak and think something is wrong ya know?) but I sent a text to my sister in law and explained about the situations and we're going to hang out on Friday and talk so I can let off steam and try to figure out what's wrong and have some fun along the way (I have the most wonderful sister in law! ) I'm sure she'll probably talk to my brother (Or I'll talk to him as well) and I'll decide on whether to tell my parents or not.

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
                    Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
                    Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
                      *huggles you guys* Thanks so much for the support guys...I really don't want to tell my parents (I don't want them to think that somethings not wrong when I feel there is but at the same time I don't want them to freak and think something is wrong ya know?) but I sent a text to my sister in law and explained about the situations and we're going to hang out on Friday and talk so I can let off steam and try to figure out what's wrong and have some fun along the way (I have the most wonderful sister in law! ) I'm sure she'll probably talk to my brother (Or I'll talk to him as well) and I'll decide on whether to tell my parents or not.

http://i697.photobucket.com/albums/v...nwoodcont8.jpg
                      I don't know quite what is happening, but I hope you're okay, and I wish you luck.

And I really love the picture you just posted.
                      sigpic
                      Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

I feel the need to say that whilst I did respond to a comment about SGU, my comments were more about a character who isn't on SGU, however, I have put them behind tags for you.

Also, I wasn't here when SGU started, and that is perhaps the same for the person who asked. It's only fair to give people the benefit of the doubt.
                        I know...but still the things said about said character had to do with SGU. I just don't want to be spoiled for it...Call me picky...but I said it in a friendly way....IMHO.

As for not being there...I understand, but from my memory it is that everytime new stuff of SG comes on the air that GW asks people to keep it spoilered for a while before talking about it without spoilers

Sorry but I just want to stay a bit in the "unknown" for SGU when I watch an new episode of it...

Sanctuary rocks*happy sigh*
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                          I know...but still the things said about said character had to do with SGU. I just don't want to be spoiled for it...Call me picky...but I said it in a friendly way....IMHO.

As for not being there...I understand, but from my memory it is that everytime new stuff of SG comes on the air that GW asks people to keep it spoilered for a while before talking about it without spoilers

Sorry but I just want to stay a bit in the "unknown" for SGU when I watch an new episode of it...

Sanctuary rocks*happy sigh*
                          I didn't say anything that I had considered spoilery, I just didn't take into account the person I was replying to.

But it doesn't matter now, you did a friendly post on the thread in question, so, it's done.
                          sigpic
                          Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

I do the same thing, hunni. I crawled away for about a year. I'm happy you're doing it less *hugs*

SE? I assume a convention? I would so love to go! I wish I was going to AT4, as well.
                            Oh sorry, yes the veryfirstintheworldSanctuarycon!!! (The Sanctuary Experience ) And Sarai and I will be there! WooHoood!!!

You get to meet him? Holy smokes. OK, that probably doesn't help you avoid thinking about it, does it? Oopsie.
                            Ohhhhhhhh yeeeeeees!!! *happy dance* *tries not to wander off in a daze* *failz*

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
                            I understand your reluctance, truly I do, but can you imagine how your parents will feel when they discover (and they will) that you were feeling this bad and couldn't talk to them about it? As a mum, I can tell you they'll be devastated and they may even feel that they've failed you I'm not trying to make you feel bad, just telling it from the parent point of view But I'm really glad you've told your sis-in-law, that's a good start.

Oh look, it's Martin and......... what's that other guy's name again?

Comment

Oh sorry, yes the veryfirstintheworldSanctuarycon!!! (The Sanctuary Experience ) And Sarai and I will be there! WooHoood!!!
                              OOOOOOOOH, That sounds like FUN. Another person to be jealous of

Oh, I know you're joking but you just made me go 'bwuh?' At least, you better be joking.
                              sigpic
                              Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Ohhhhhhhh yeeeeeees!!! *happy dance* *tries not to wander off in a daze* *failz*

*sputters*
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X